A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I mean no disrespect but I don't think the wiki answers the question in enough detail for what's being asked. According to the Wiki:

'Each survivor will need food to survive after recruitment. They will “look” for food on nearby secure refrigerators.'

Although it does say what container the food needs to be in, this doesn't answer the question all that precisely of how close it must be to survivors, in blocks. "Nearby" could be 8 blocks, it could be 16. Whether the range is also covered vertically is also not addressed in the wiki, so the need to build multiple fridges for multiple floors of survivor workstations is not known. Whether the distance is in a square around the fridge or a circle. also not known, for example, and to assume these things could cost resources unnecessarily.

The wiki also has a few outdated parts here, take the mechanic for example:

"Mechanic - needs storage building container for raw mats and a Storage Weapons container for the end products."

I don't believe either of these items exist anymore due to the paint system A16 introduced. I haven't got this far in my games yet, so I assume that the right box to place is the Secure Storage Box, so one for input and one for output would be needed, unless the team re-added these containers.

Details for the glass worker station is also not present here so would also be a good one to add, since this station has no documentation as of yet. I haven't built one yet myself but I assume it is for jars and window panes etc since you can no longer make this in the forge.

Again I mean no disrespect and think the starvation team are doing an awesome job, but if there's updates would be good to make sure the wiki is updated as well as having the details in the patch notes, including fixes (which I see they have been doing for newer things like bees and mining machines) and other things that would affect crafting.

I'd be happy to help contribute to the wiki as well, someone PMed me and I made a wikidot account as requested, but never got added to the editors team, so if you need help maintaining it, let me know :)

The square storage box (the paintable one, not the rectangle shaped one) is what you use. It serves for both input and output, and should be close to the workstation (3 blocks close) The fridge can be further away, not exactly sure how far, but more like within 8 blocks. As for the wiki, its always been a low priority, and its worse now that there are not many active members on the starvation team.

The square storage box (the paintable one, not the rectangle shaped one) is what you use. It serves for both input and output, and should be close to the workstation (3 blocks close) The fridge can be further away, not exactly sure how far, but more like within 8 blocks. As for the wiki, its always been a low priority, and its worse now that there are not many active members on the starvation team.

Thanks xyth for the extra info on the boxes, good thing too since I'll be getting into the survivors soon. Got a farm going finally so having that automated would be good whilst I'm off looting... The input and output boxes I suppose are worked out in order of placement, first one you put nearby becomes input, second one becomes output?

As above, I'm happy to work on bits of the wiki to help address the questions that get raised in the forum about mechanics like this :) And apologise if I come off blunt at times :D

The problem is that everything was working just fine until this type of weather appeared, before that weather was changing normally It was sunny rainy etc etc...If i enable cheat mode is there a way to change or change it with a command ?

Ohh, and about the Bee sting effect.I used painkillers after the sound of the bee's was gone because when you hear the sound the effect is not yet there.It applies when the sound goes off.

Edit : I did the Pre-Sync mod and problem is still there, Also there is no way im using outdated files because im not getting any errors

Edit 2 : Fixed the weather issue, had to change day/night cycle to 60 minutes instead of 90.

Control weather settings. Type "help weather" in the console for more info.

Example of one of the commands:

press F1

type weather rain 0

type weather clouds 0

This will give you a rain free sunny sky.

As for the bee sting, sometimes i've had to eat 2 or 3 pain killer before it goes away.

-------------------- PS, why is the Lettuce called "Salad" ?

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

The problem is that everything was working just fine until this type of weather appeared, before that weather was changing normally It was sunny rainy etc etc...If i enable cheat mode is there a way to change or change it with a command ?

Ohh, and about the Bee sting effect.I used painkillers after the sound of the bee's was gone because when you hear the sound the effect is not yet there.It applies when the sound goes off.

Edit : I did the Pre-Sync mod and problem is still there, Also there is no way im using outdated files because im not getting any errors

Edit 2 : Fixed the weather issue, had to change day/night cycle to 60 minutes instead of 90.

Yes I was just making sure you used the meds after the sounds wears not before since the debuff occurs later. I was looking at my files and found this entry in 'items.xml'

<item id="666" name="painkillers">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Health/painkillersPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="80" />

<property name="HoldType" value="16" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="50" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="UseOther" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_health" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="-30" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="player_painkillers" />

<property name="Buff" value="painkillerBuff" />

<property name="Debuff" value="stung" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Class" value="Eat" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_health" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_food" value="0" />

<property name="Gain_water" value="-30" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="player_painkillers" />

<property name="Buff" value="painkillerBuff" />

<property name="Debuff" value="stung" />

</property>

This looks like it defines painkillers and what it can do. Make sure the 'Debuff' lines are there. I don't know what else we can do. Perhaps you can create a video and show us what happens.

Yeah I noticed that too, a lot of the information seems a15 relevant, and not so much a16, Except the new stuff. One of the devs will prolly go in at some point and fix everything (we could hope) since they know how everything works.

Also, from my experience with the survivors, my fridge needed to be within 5 blocks of them, and they would dump finished products in ANY box within 5 blocks of them. For them to work, they needed all their materials in the same box, and that box needed to be within 5 blocks. But when they were done, they would just shove it in any box they could reach, even through walls. We were having to constantly clean up our boxes because of this.

Let's agree to disagree. I don't know the demand for that, for I don't feel any urgent need for it. As you said, being a game about survival you need to watch for warning signs, not expect them do be delivered to you...

Any urgent need? Temperature indication is much more important as hunger and thirst. Usually overheating equal to death - you cant run, and become easy food for zombies. Or they kill you when you stay opening character menu and take a look where there temperature indication. You may stay hours without care about food and water, but easiest way to die - forget about temperature management.

Mate, I think that if you play the game more then 1 Week you know a couple of things about temperature and staff like that.For example that if you get wet your temperature falls if you are in snow biome same thing, if you Drink coffee or eat Meat Stew it grows and many many more...Also, if your temp goes very high and falls very low you get a notification.

Any urgent need? Temperature indication is much more important as hunger and thirst. Usually overheating equal to death - you cant run, and become easy food for zombies. Or they kill you when you stay opening character menu and take a look where there temperature indication. You may stay hours without care about food and water, but easiest way to die - forget about temperature management.

Perhaps I'm missing something. I am playing with 16.0.0.32b and the temperature does appear in the main GUI when I'm in the 20s, 30s and 40s and when I'm close to overheating in the 90s and 100s. Plus the game notifies you when you're freezing and overheating. However I am playing in SP. Are temperatures not showing in MP?

There are other important issues that need addressing. Namely sniper bandits that can one-shot you. Imagine being killed by one of these and having to run back only to be killed again if they are close to your backpack (personally haven't seen a sniper bandit yet though). Funny story, I ran into a bandit wielding a pistol. Took him out with several exploding bolts :).

Another issue is big animals aren't eating nor are they breeding. They don't appear to die though.

Yet another is one I brought up a few weeks ago. When morning comes and the power switches from battery bank to the solar bank any insect/rodent repellent lights are turned off. I am still seeing this in my game. The issue only occurs if you're in the area (looks like when the area is loaded).

People are saying they don't see bees items in MP.

Most Bees-related items created from the ingredients found in the beehives don't do anything.

Minor things: Maybe just bad luck on my part but I have over 4K zombie kills and my world is over 185 days old and I still haven't found a strawberry/seed. Also haven't found the ore scanner nor a rifle scope either.

Edited by PPanda0421
Clarify big animals aren't eating. (see edit history)

Perhaps I'm missing something. I am playing with 16.0.0.32b and the temperature does appear in the main GUI when I'm in the 20s, 30s and 40s and when I'm close to overheating in the 90s and 100s. Plus the game notifies you when you're freezing and overheating. However I am playing in SP. Are temperatures not showing in MP?

There are other important issues that need addressing. Namely sniper bandits that can one-shot you. Imagine being killed by one of these and having to run back only to be killed again if they are close to your backpack (personally haven't seen a sniper bandit yet though). Funny story, I ran into a bandit wielding a pistol. Took him out with several exploding bolts :).

Another issue is big animals aren't eating nor are they breeding. They don't appear to die though.

Yet another is one I brought up a few weeks ago. When morning comes and the power switches from battery bank to the solar bank any insect/rodent repellent lights are turned off. I am still seeing this in my game. The issue only occurs if you're in the area (looks like when the area is loaded).

People are saying they don't see bees items in MP.

Most Bees-related items created from the ingredients found in the beehives don't do anything.

Minor things: Maybe just bad luck on my part but I have over 4K zombie kills and my world is over 185 days old and I still haven't found a strawberry/seed. Also haven't found the ore scanner nor a rifle scope either.

We had the same issue with animals for a while, still haven't quite figured the problem out. Also they seem to keep on bugging through walls of every kind.

In about 60 days in I can say we found a scope, and a sight and the ore scanner, but didn't find the battery bank recipe yet. I think we found the ore scanner in one of those nuclear silos. Haven't found strawberries either yet.

There was a quick patch to address bee items and sniper bandits, but due to some internal disagreement it wasn't anounced. Its still available for both client and server, and i've been too busy to touch any modding, unfortunately.

As for animals they're still working on my tests. Try picking them a placing them again, but i'll check them when i can.

We will be doing another official patch soon enough, i hope.

Sorry, To say I was frustrated at the time is an understatement. A friend of mine that has Xml knowledge looked at the file, and even HE couldn't figure it out. The only thing he or I can think of is that there may be too many 'objectives' for the game's HUD to handle. But when I attempted this fix the quest disappeared entirely. So at least the save is usable again.

I think the quest disappearance is due to my use of removequest while it spammed errors, though I noticed that givequest can't be used to re-add any quests... even default ones. o.O

Did you manage to solve this issue? I've had the exact same thing happen but with blade weapons 4/5. As soon as I killed my last questobjective (bear) and the quest updated to stage 5/5 I got the same error spam and I can no longer login to my server.

I've tried to "removequest Q_WBA5" but nothing happens.

Not sure if this has something to do with me already buying the recepie for Machete before I knew it was a questreward.

On my dedicated server (latest starvation version random-gen map) , the animals do actually breed, but they don't eat as well.

I have had 960 animal feed in trough for the past several days and it has not decreased ever since. It's surrounded by 4 goats and 2 pigs (2 goats are bred).

Also, I killed off one bred goat because it got spawn-stuck in a fence and it dropped rotten meat when I axed the corpse, which doesn't make much sense to me, since free-roam animals drop regular meat.

Edited by Syphon (see edit history)

There was a quick patch to address bee items and sniper bandits, but due to some internal disagreement it wasn't anounced. Its still available for both client and server, and i've been too busy to touch any modding, unfortunately.

As for animals they're still working on my tests. Try picking them a placing them again, but i'll check them when i can.

We will be doing another official patch soon enough, i hope.

Hi,

I already post about this issue. We are in private co-op party of 4 and almost everything works fine but pet,DOG not rare ones, they don't eat and die. We put food "Dog Cookies" and Murky Water in the "Breeders" but no decrease. Already try to pick them up and replace, still don't eat. I also try it alone in single player, same issue :miserable:

Cow, sheep are working fine, they eat normaly... actually pigs are not reproducing at all and don't eat

Thank you for keep this mod updated :) having so much fun

Edited by Staraway (see edit history)

NPC crafters are still duping items they use to work with. The other day my friends Farmer caused Cornmeal and Water to stack higher than their values allow.

Our Animals aren't Breeding, but I think they are dying less now that we've removed them to one trough. We're trying to harvest them more to see if that will prompt them to breed, but we're so scared of killing them as we have no way of seeing their hp at this time.

We still have no access to bee stuff (not even in the creative menu).

The Browning gun still dups and replaces the item on your belt if you use the scroll wheel while using the gun.

We noticed that when you plant fruit trees, they go down like normal, a few spaces apart, but we found that if you wait until they are full grown and fruited, you can plant a new one right next to the old one. After a few growth cycles you can literally plant a solid wall of trees that you can't walk through.

Are the mininukes supposed to sometimes explode when you try to pick them up?

Also, Dayum that goat is so angry.. :D

So HELP? :upset:

So I am having a problem getting the nuke plant running.

Put the rings and enriched uranium in the water container, but turbines will not start.

Is the nuke plant working as designed?

Do I need engines in the turbines or something?

What am i missing? :miserable:

the ONLY place we found something of value was in a destroyed building (The wasteland-esque, super generic ruins with multiple floors). That had an Ammobag and a mininuke. the normal houses we looked in had nothing special, the only POI that we found with goodies is the Red Mesa (Which has an exoBag and ammo bag by default, even outside of a rad zone.) I burned through 4 power cores and broke my ACW from full 600-quality durability while in there, and everywhere we looked was average loot.

Well, it's a little less than it used to be. It used to be there were only two exobags on the entire map that were NOT in the radiated areas... in the nuke plant, and red mesa... so you HAD to go to radiated area to even get a full exosuit. Unfortunately, the random world gen changed in A16, and you can't guarantee one occurence of a POI now... so there are numerous nuke plants and red mesas...

It still is the only place to find several things... but not the only reasonable way to get your exo suit.

Good night, I have not played STARVATION for some months, I have some doubts, have changed the difficulty of the game? They took away as professions, most of the handicrafts you can create in the hand, played for hours and practically makes a base so fast that it was kind of bland, the MODE very good and has enormous potential, I love playing with it, but it has how to create more Difficulty in crafting, such as when you take down a tree come trunk and twig, to make accurate wooden frame block prior, the way that starvation is, any single person can play without problem.

Is there any way to disable new HUD and return to classical version of it? Status messages continuously popping up annoy me as hell and sometimes can block important information.

You would have to basically edit in the changes to return to the original much like editing in a new HUD