A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Are you using dog troughs to put the food in?

Mort please check if animals in general are not eating now. You might have seen my post about expanding a room earlier and my animals dying even though the troughs had food/water. Well I did another test. I removed my troughs and placed 2 new troughs about 7 blocks apart in a large room. Added 1000 animal feed and bucket of water to each trough. Placed a male and a female pig in the room. After several days noticed that the food wasn't being eaten. Placed a cow in the same room. After a few days the food wasn't being eaten still but the cow disappeared, probably died due to starvation. The pigs were still alive for some reason. Perhaps they have longer feeding times.

I'll go back to my original setup (1 trough) and smaller room and see if that helps.

Thanks.

the RSS feed on the launcher doesn't work for me, so i cant read the patch notes there. also --- I cant find the bee stuff in my menus, or the creative menu, and our server has been updated to the recent patch,.

Check kitchenWorkbench, bigoven, science station and moonshine, just logged in to check... At this point no idea if that will be the final version or not, but hey...

As for the animals, I won't be able to check anything for a while. Maybe I can do it by Friday, maybe... If you don't wanna risk them, pick them up until then.

Check kitchenWorkbench, bigoven, science station and moonshine, just logged in to check... At this point no idea if that will be the final version or not, but hey...

As for the animals, I won't be able to check anything for a while. Maybe I can do it by Friday, maybe... If you don't wanna risk them, pick them up until then.

I'm saying there is no "bee" items period. Not that we cant craft. No beehive, no bee suit parts, nothing.. our MP server is updated to 32, but we have none of the new items related to bees.

----

also, been trying to figure out this socketing system, I see on the wiki

If any gem is consumed, you will be informed but you wont be told what it did.

If no warning messages appear it means your gem is doing something.

--- How do we know what the gems do, if it doesnt tell us what happens?

Mort, did you guys (stealth) fix the recipes for bee-related items? Because it looks fine now! I can craft bee-related things in both the big oven and the kitchen. If there weren't any recent changes perhaps my files weren't being updated properly (I use the 7D2D installer)? Anyways now those two workstations work fine. I have yet to craft the new bee items in the science and moonshine stations though.

Still waiting for a few ingame days for the animal testing but yes I've picked up all my animals except a lonely cow.

Thanks.

Where can I find the location for character save folder for my current starvation game? Thanks!

Same place as always (well, if you're using the Advanced version of the Mod Launcher). Look in where you told Starvation to save to, and it'll be in the Saves folder. Random Gen or Navezgane, depending on your map

Same place as always (well, if you're using the Advanced version of the Mod Launcher). Look in where you told Starvation to save to, and it'll be in the Saves folder. Random Gen or Navezgane, depending on your map

Is the .map file the one that holds all player data? Can I copy this, start a new world and overwrite it to the new world to have my saved character in a new map world?

I've had this problem with Pfsense and my sdtd servers, people can click the join friends tab and play on the server but if I am not on the server can not be found. I had a TCP/UDP rule under firewall/NAT but I found if I add 2 additional rules one for TCP and one for UDP then it works fine and friends can play any time.

Not sure why but it works thought I would share this.

I'm saying there is no "bee" items period. Not that we cant craft. No beehive, no bee suit parts, nothing.. our MP server is updated to 32, but we have none of the new items related to bees.

Same problem here. Playing on 2 servers, both updated to .32. One has all the bee stuff, the other has not

I am getting a black screen when I launch the game with "Use EAC"

Any ideas how I can fix this? The game launches fine if I do not enable EAC.

What might I be doing wrong? Also if I do not run the mod the game runs fine connecting to other servers (not mod'ed)

Mod launcher 1.0.4.6

I am getting a black screen when I launch the game with "Use EAC"

Any ideas how I can fix this? The game launches fine if I do not enable EAC.

What might I be doing wrong? Also if I do not run the mod the game runs fine connecting to other servers (not mod'ed)

Mod launcher 1.0.4.6

You cannot use EAC with this mod.

Please update the blocks.xml like mentioned in pull the request:

https://github.com/StarvationTeam/StarvationServer/pulls

Without it, Linux Dedicated Servers will crash/ load forever. I have to update the file manually every time I update the mod on my server. The client mod should receive the patch as well.

It is just a typo that has to be corrected.

That's no typo... That's the original class name for SDX, and everything was made with Windows in mind, not Linux. It's already fortunate that it works in Linux without needing a specific build... Just clarifying with it's builds like that and why I don't see it as an error that NEEDS urgent fixing, not trying to be a bitch or anything.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Two things...

One: Is there any real 'reason' to go into a Radiation Biome? Me and a friend entered in, and apart from finding a Mini nuke there wasn't much of anything out of the ordinary loot-wise.

Two: The mini nukes lack "penetration". Is that vanilla issues, or something else? IE: no matter how much damage you set the nuke to do, it only breaks one layer of material (as in, a military tent with a mininuke atop it only lost the top layer of the tent, but the rest of the tent was fine.)

How are people dealing with the missing backpack bug?

I mean when you die and drop your backpack, and it poofs.

This is a very bad bug especially when playing Starvation, given how hard it is to collect resources, tools and supplies. Losing a backpack full of quality gear is very painful.

I basically have turned off bag drop since players get so pissed off.

If you didn't find any good loot in the rad zone you either didn't spend enough time there, or didn't look hard enough. That's where you can find exo suit parts, gun parts, and mrl rockets. If I came off sounding like a douche, not my intent. Kill the boss type zombies and search houses. You'll find some good stuff.

If you didn't find any good loot in the rad zone you either didn't spend enough time there, or didn't look hard enough. That's where you can find exo suit parts, gun parts, and mrl rockets. If I came off sounding like a douche, not my intent. Kill the boss type zombies and search houses. You'll find some good stuff.

the ONLY place we found something of value was in a destroyed building (The wasteland-esque, super generic ruins with multiple floors). That had an Ammobag and a mininuke. the normal houses we looked in had nothing special, the only POI that we found with goodies is the Red Mesa (Which has an exoBag and ammo bag by default, even outside of a rad zone.) I burned through 4 power cores and broke my ACW from full 600-quality durability while in there, and everywhere we looked was average loot.

Two things...

One: Is there any real 'reason' to go into a Radiation Biome? Me and a friend entered in, and apart from finding a Mini nuke there wasn't much of anything out of the ordinary loot-wise.

Two: The mini nukes lack "penetration". Is that vanilla issues, or something else? IE: no matter how much damage you set the nuke to do, it only breaks one layer of material (as in, a military tent with a mininuke atop it only lost the top layer of the tent, but the rest of the tent was fine.)

In the RED zone there are tons of tanks and hazmat trucks (the trucks spawn doctors, nurses, and hazmat zeds). Exobags, Ammo Bags, Mininukes. Plus Giant Hyenas, Rad Scorpions, Rad Spider, Rad Boss, Rad Grey Wights, Zombie Bears. ---------- Stipulation, you will only find these in areas that are WASTEDLANDS that are in the RED Zone. Other areas are basically just grasslands and they will pretty much only have random prefabs (and if you are lucky cities). Keep exploring the RED zone, you will eventually find the populated areas. You'll know it because you'll see trees, car frames, and stuff typically found in WASTEDLANDS. Beware the spider, it takes like 40+ Depleted Rounds to kill it.

How are people dealing with the missing backpack bug?

I mean when you die and drop your backpack, and it poofs.

This is a very bad bug especially when playing Starvation, given how hard it is to collect resources, tools and supplies. Losing a backpack full of quality gear is very painful.

I basically have turned off bag drop since players get so pissed off.

That is a vanilla bug. Sometimes the bags roll down the hill, or sink into the ground 1 block. If you go back to where you bag is supposed to be (as long as the icon is still there) run the LE (list entities) command, and if your bag is there, it should show up on the list.

Edited by PurgatoryWolf (see edit history)

In the RED zone there are tons of tanks and hazmat trucks (the trucks spawn doctors, nurses, and hazmat zeds). Exobags, Ammo Bags, Mininukes. Plus Giant Hyenas, Rad Scorpions, Rad Spider, Rad Boss, Rad Grey Wights, Zombie Bears. ---------- Stipulation, you will only find these in areas that are WASTEDLANDS that are in the RED Zone. Other areas are basically just grasslands and they will pretty much only have random prefabs (and if you are lucky cities). Keep exploring the RED zone, you will eventually find the populated areas. You'll know it because you'll see trees, car frames, and stuff typically found in WASTEDLANDS. Beware the spider, it takes like 40+ Depleted Rounds to kill it.

You mean Burnt Forest? 90% of the Rad Zone is burnt, unless there's a deeper area of the rad zone. The initial zone is a radiated burnt forest, not grasslands. I'll certainly take another look though

That's no typo... That's the original class name for SDX, and everything was made with Windows in mind, not Linux. It's already fortunate that it works in Linux without needing a specific build... Just clarifying with it's builds like that and why I don't see it as an error that NEEDS urgent fixing, not trying to be a bitch or anything.

Okay, didn't know that. Just thought that Linux servers are a thing. I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to sound harsh.

But, changing the property value to uppercase seems to work. My server runs just fine.

Btw, great work with this mod, I love it.

Seriously, how the ♥♥♥♥ are you supposed to deal with that bandits early game?

every freaking small village are flooded with this, thats not challenging, thats bullsh**.

okay, lets say you have beaten that ** girl with her gun (after like 20 hit? with a hunting rifle), healed up and be fu**ing thankful not to die there... hey wait player, we have something for you! a fu**ing terminator with a Laser Gun that instant kills you with one hit.

wow....

Two things...

regarding the mini nukes, i think this is for pvp rather than destroying blocks. the devastating effect of the nukes as far as i remember is, it makes the area around the point of explosion became radiated area. if you blew one up inside someone else base, they practically cannot live there anymore, as the radiation block even goes underground, someone else says the radiation goes approximately 30 blocks deep from the surface. i haven't checked this myself tho, just reading from someone else chat in which they grumbling on how they really fxxxed up in testing that mini nukes inside THEIR own base. and now they have to dig all those radiated block with their auger. lol.