Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Huh. You could also take Roland's Granite idea and make tunnels and caverns lined with granite that acts as bedrock from an SI perspective.

Waaaait....

Can we do that?

The cave system for A16 that was delayed. Make all walls and ceiling this new Granite material that function's as bedrock?

AND

Make digging zombies have an effect when they dig, that all boundaries where they dug turn into granite? Uh... Radiation effect from the zombies?

SI... Solved.

Seems like to make a threat of zeds underground is going to cause issues for folks above ground, like swiss cheese and SI. IMO, it would have to be environmental threats for underground challenges, or just leave it be the safe haven.

I don't think so. If your base is above ground, and you're above ground on a BM, that horde would have zero reason to dig because it is trying to get to you.

If it's a server with folks underground and above ground, then survival becomes more intense in later game stages as SI becomes critical.

Arts from Joel:[ATTACH=CONFIG]23045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23046[/ATTACH]

Awsome, more blocks! :) My gut tells me maybe those resource blocks will have some type of function. Maybe when harvested you get that particular resource and it continues to downgrade to the lower tier....

This is based on Joel's comment in his video about different colored barrels which would be sources of water, gas, etc...

Awsome, more blocks! :) My gut tells me maybe those resource blocks will have some type of function. Maybe when harvested you get that particular resource and it continues to downgrade to the lower tier....

This is based on Joel's comment in his video about different colored barrels which would be sources of water, gas, etc...

That would be awesome; "I need cement, let's go to the construction site..."

New tubs for 7 days!!!

FINALLY some new blocks and art. I know all you guys are having super serious discussions about underground bases, but its the little things like this that make the world to me. I have been adding all sorts of sinks and furniture with SDX to populate the world with some variety and there are a few decorations that I think are needed to make the world seem alive. Bathtubs and grills are on that list so yes I am excited by this.

FINALLY some new blocks and art. I know all you guys are having super serious discussions about underground bases, but its the little things like this that make the world to me. I have been adding all sorts of sinks and furniture with SDX to populate the world with some variety and there are a few decorations that I think are needed to make the world seem alive. Bathtubs and grills are on that list so yes I am excited by this.

The more important question will be what would someone want to do with a bathtub full of brains....:p

Lol how'd you get the pictures to be so big? I fail.

Use the tags with the image address. Quote my post and look at the difference in how I posted it and how you posted it.

Didn't meant to steal yours and riQ's thunder. I like to also include any comments Joel made on his twitter and then link my entry (or Joel's when he thinks to post it here...) to the first page news announcements.

Use the tags with the image address. Quote my post and look at the difference in how I posted it and how you posted it.

Didn't meant to steal yours and riQ's thunder. I like to also include any comments Joel made on his twitter and then link my entry (or Joel's when he thinks to post it here...) to the first page news announcements.

It's all good, you did better anyway :02.47-tranquillity:

My gut is heaving a little bit of throw up into my mouth as I wonder what you could possibly hope to harvest from one of those tubs. Don't break the tub, man!!! Brains and juice all over the floor.....

My gut is heaving a little bit of throw up into my mouth as I wonder what you could possibly hope to harvest from one of those tubs. Don't break the tub, man!!! Brains and juice all over the floor.....

needs to put a sleeper block in the bath tube >.> :evil:

A clean (post apocalyptic clean) version of that bathtub would be pretty awesome for Prefabs. Finally a real shower and bath deco. Those look great for Bandit Strongholds or some side quest lunatic's house.

--EDIT--

My bad. Looked closer and the first image is the "clean" one. Got it. Thanks! Long time request fulfilled! Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

aw come on man... just... ugh... MMPH!

Wishlist for that topic

One palet with Crobs

One basket with Crobs (for kitchen)

One plater with meat (maybe better not raw allow more placements)

One table setting https://www.shutterstock.com/de/image-photo/place-setting-plate-knife-fork-on-163862858?irgwc=1&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=dict.cc%20GmbH&utm_source=95627&utm_term=

One PC/Laptop for Office/Living room

One rifle (to place on a table or at the wall)

And not to forget a HalfBlock Container, paintable, universal loot, wood

That is the regrettable part of the current state of the game. I WANT to build there but I won't until it joins the rest of the survival game. It sucks having to ignore an entire biome because it currently exists outside of the zombie survival game. If zombies couldn't enter the Plains biome and never spawned there and if in fact all I had to do was step five paces into the Plains biome and be perfectly completely 100% safe there I wouldn't build there either but wouldn't exactly call it not a big deal....

Hopefully someday the underworld biome will join the rest of the game.

But what if the plains biome (like bedrock) had no food, water or loot, you wouldn't just stay in there always just to be safe. You would have to come out for supplies......and there they would be.

Archived