Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Anyone else hoping they finally add Birch tree seeds in A17?

Wouldn't mind the little Christmas trees either.

Snowberry seeds?

I was just thinking of that a couple days ago. Where I am there is nothing better looking than a huge droke of birch.

There are avid gamers that just barely became aware of 7 Days to Die. I'm not talking mainstream persons who like to play match 3 on their smart phone whenever the mood strikes. I'm talking about people in the hobby who own a lot of games and they are just barely becoming aware of this game as something that exists.

I'd also say it's niche.

I'd even say that it's resistance to going full on PvP Battle Royale as it's main game mode makes it even more niche within the already somewhat niche genre.

well for most of us PVPr's we don't think the game should be full pvp battle royale. however there are SOME aspects of the game that could be changed or added or bugs that could be fixed that would help the pvp AND pve side of the game, i honestly believe the game has a very strong pvp aspect to the game. but certain bugs make it difficult. IE demolition mode to rebuild your base quicker. (it helps on both PVE/PVP because if you mess up its quick and easy to remodel. and Adding more support for more chars.

as for bugs the biggest one is the looking through ground glitch. you can still do it the last time we played but it was more difficult.

those two things added and that one bug completely smashed would make pvp soar.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, I don't think there is a good case of brain herpes. My point still stands, though.

roland is actually a mutated strand of brain herpes that learned how to hook himself up to a computer and affect other human beings through the power of wifi.

I would like you to rethink "Quality tiers shown by color only."

• Quality tiers indicated by color only. Numbers will be dropped 3/20/18

The deletion of numbers is very painful for myself with weak color sense...

So I want something that can judge the quality by other methods than color.

(Google Translate in Japan)

Is that what they call it these days?

Nah, I'm getting too old to know what "they" are calling it these days... I think they call it Netflix and chill now... Wait... are you talking about what I'm talking about? Where am I? Alzheimer's is kicking in I think.

So, my mistake with 7dtd...

When I first started 7DTD (A16 noob here), it was the best game I've ever experienced!! Played hours on hours (rare for me with 4 little kids and working full-time) because I was hooked on the survival, crafting, zombie killing awesomeness this game offers. After playing solo for quite some time, I was getting lonely and decided to join a server - a big server! Things were okay, but everything was looted... No brass to be found, but great people who were willing to help a noob. Decided to find a fresher server - about 20 days fresh and fewer players to have the best of both worlds - plenty of loot left, but not feeling like I was the last person on this (gaming) earth.

I was eating it up for about 2 weeks. Found a good buddy to start a base with next to an unlooted city; joking on the chat and being as helpful as I can; living the good life and building a sweet base. Eventually, I became decent friends with the server owner who decided to bestow upon me the 2nd official admin privilege! At first I was so excited and eager to help other noobs, but not too the point where the game became less challenging/rewarding to others. Not long after becoming admin, I realized my challenges and rewards were basically gone. The game became less appealing to me and I started to lose interest. Now I sit patiently... Waiting for Alpha 17 to breathe new life into my 7dtd interest.

Moral of this story - I need to stay away from management and remain a dirt digging, loot searching player who's trying to scratch my way to the "end game" glory otherwise my interest will die out quick.

If only one noob reads this and it saves them from the same 7dtd power grab/fatigue I experienced, I have done my job.

A17... I know you are out there somewhere behind iron clad doors, a Roland, and a MadMole... but just know, I am waiting.

Ok, I should probably stay off the forums after x amount of beers.

You only have to fulfill that bet when madmole does so.....i think you're good

I hoped you would say that.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'm getting too old to know what "they" are calling it these days... I think they call it Netflix and chill now... Wait... are you talking about what I'm talking about? Where am I? Alzheimer's is kicking in I think.

It hasn't truly settled in until you start flirting with your own relatives. It sucked watching my grandfather get like that.

I hoped you would say that.

- - - Updated - - -

It hasn't truly settled in until you start flirting with your own relatives. It sucked watching my grandfather get like that.

Ugh, tough subject - sorry. I was just joking btw I'm only 34 but feel much older lol. Although, if anyone has relatives I can flirt with... let me know. Just don't tell my wife ;)

Ugh, tough subject - sorry. I was just joking btw I'm only 34 but feel much older lol. Although, if anyone has relatives I can flirt with... let me know. Just don't tell my wife ;)

Don't worry. I wasn't offended. I'm 34 too, but also feel much older, especially when work gets out for the week. Too bad I can't quit my job and get paid to play games 😀

Guest Rassilon

May i humbly ask for another Dev-Video that shows us Weapon Mods and Animations ?

I know its WIP, but i am ( as many others too ) highly interested in this and would love to see more. Of course i understand if you would like to keep some things as a suprise, but still :)

Either Way, Have a nice Weekend alltogether.

Don't worry. I wasn't offended. I'm 34 too, but also feel much older, especially when work gets out for the week. Too bad I can't quit my job and get paid to play games 😀

I feel you, man. That is the life I guess, right! Those at TFP, you may work your arce to the bone, but at least you work in jobs that bring us all fun and gore. For that I am envious!!!

I think most people underestimate how much work Bandits and NPC´s are.

They do underestimate it, but on other hand they want it like yesterday, making those NPC driven quest can wait for A20 maybe, but Bandits cannot. That is why some people are upset and don't want to see progress they did as anything they do. They want what they want.

I am surprise that no official yet say it, but A17 is totally new game, it is what 70% rebuild in code? it has newer game play with change in buff system, new vehicle, new weapon etc. and then new Mods that will follow. and that keeps me excited. a new WOTW or Valmod to play .. with changes :).

Archived