Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey Roland. Could you please pass this idea along? Thanks.

No Problemo.

Hey Gazz and Kinyajuu, if you haven't thought of it yet maybe there could be a toggle for the HP bar to make it invisible for those who don't want it....

/done.

I'm just glad that it looks like the bug where weapons slowly vibrate across your screen is fixed with this Alpha. Always hated how I would be aiming at something with my bow (compound especially)/MP5 and the sights were no longer aligned with the gui crosshairs. Basically anything held in my characters hand for a while without using an action key would cause them to migrate to new locations.

No Problemo.

Hey Gazz and Kinyajuu, if you haven't thought of it yet maybe there could be a toggle for the HP bar to make it invisible for those who don't want it.

/done.

Hey thanks man. You just made a lot of people happy here. :)

is this that a big secret? (also want to turn that off)

Not a secret at all. Madmole plainly said it isn't decided yet if it will be used in the update but that they are using it in testing. Kinyajuu just established that they are using the HP bar in testing and balancing the weapons and it is undecided yet whether they will be in the final build.

Undecided is different than secret.

I'm fairly certain the devs get it, a lot of people hate the hit point bar, man people are just beating the hell out of a dead horse. I hate the fact that there aren't separate volume controls for the various different types of sounds but I don't get on here and complain about it every single day for weeks on end.

#ridiculous

@Kinyajuu

I just watched the third person combat test and have a question. On the melee portion, shouldn't the animation be aiming at the center screen crosshair rather than somewhere off to the left? I understand that this may be a known issue and scheduled to be fixed, but it really bothered me.

Thanks for posting these in progress videos, even though you're probably getting tired of people pointing out known issues. :smile-new:

@Kinyajuu

I just watched the third person combat test and have a question. On the melee portion, shouldn't the animation be aiming at the center screen crosshair rather than somewhere off to the left? I understand that this may be a known issue and scheduled to be fixed, but it really bothered me.

Thanks for posting these in progress videos, even though you're probably getting tired of people pointing out known issues. :smile-new:

They know and they'll want the animation to show the club connecting. This was just a test of the view itself.

Just reading some of the comments and it blows my mind how many people don't understand that some things are better left to mods after game release. Mods will have so much versatility in this game it's going to be amazing, just let the developers get the core framework down. Ten points to the devs for handling all the criticism thrown at them with witty and sarcastic humor. I've loved this game since alpha 6 and every iteration has been better and better. My hype train has never stopped for this game and being able to participate while the development process happened has been amazing.

I'm fairly certain the devs get it, a lot of people hate the hit point bar, man people are just beating the hell out of a dead horse. I hate the fact that there aren't separate volume controls for the various different types of sounds but I don't get on here and complain about it every single day for weeks on end.

#ridiculous

I think people are just worried they will continue to be kind of dismissive about the hate for it and it will end up in anyway. The negativity on it is pretty overwhelming, but sometimes people can interpret that negativity as a challenge and say "Screw them, keep it in". Its happened before with other additions and changes like food and water removal, so I'm just taking a shot in the dark here and assuming people just want to make sure their opinion doesn't get looked over.

The sound controls you pointed out is a perfect example of a much requested feature that is to this day ignored, even though the majority here seem to favor it.

#ridiculous

But, the devs also need to get (and I've no doubt that they do get) that while many people hate it, many other people like it. It's just that the people who like it aren't loudly complaining about it, for obvious reasons.

So making it optional is much better than simply taking it out.

Archived