Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Definitely looking forward to a non obscure method to generate baked maps. The height map thingie works pretty well, but to be able to have a list of maps to choose from would be awesome. That plus the new quest system means you could have a quest driven single story for one shot gaming experiences.

Definitely looking forward to a non obscure method to generate baked maps. The height map thingie works pretty well, but to be able to have a list of maps to choose from would be awesome. That plus the new quest system means you could have a quest driven single story for one shot gaming experiences.

Do you mean pregenerated maps as Navezgane, but with random quest system , different survival scenarios ? As a modder, do you think it could be done, would be awesome.

It seems everytime the bitching starts to pile up , Madmole posts another video lol

Gaia+Gena are an amazing world creation set...all of his products are great and I always recommend them to others

Even in my current cartoony Halloween project I am working on , it handled my map generation amazingly .

Looking good , definitely looking forward to melee power attacks and the new buff system and what it allows more then anything else...as a guy that likes to melee EVERYTHING in every game made lol...just to bad we didn't have an unarmed skill+fist weapons then it would be perfect! lol sorry...that is just me...played FO1 , FO2 , FOtactics , FO3 , FOVegas , FO4 , Morrowind , and skyrim all as a fist character...something about punching behemoths , deathclaws and dragons to death is extra satisfying...

Do you mean pregenerated maps as Navezgane, but with random quest system , different survival scenarios ? As a modder, do you think it could be done, would be awesome.

It sounded like TFPs were looking into more terrain editing tools which im sure will come in handy for custom created worlds.

It could be done now it's just a pain in the butt, but the a17 quest system is really going to make it worthwhile.

It sounded like TFPs were looking into more terrain editing tools which im sure will come in handy for custom created worlds.

Yup, they will make it as closer to the real look as they can in a voxel world.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be done now it's just a pain in the butt, but the a17 quest system is really going to make it worthwhile.

I remember on good old Star Craft, wher you play so much different modes on use map settings. Poker defence (grr). Thausands actually. If such thing happens with this game, which seems to be on the plan as I see your mods and Jax`s and such...we are gonna have a good life.

p.s. SC and 7DTD are different games but method is similar in my poor experience. Letting fans bringing new scenarios and vision is the best.

Hey Madmole, I do enjoy the idea of having broken arms, it will liven up the gameplay a little bit, make us decide if continuing to loot is a good idea when we are hurt, next could even be head trama that causes blurred vision or our aim to be really off, it was nice to hear a little about the new skills like possibly faster reloading, im excited to hear more about the skill system changes, keep up the awesome work.

When he brought up the spawn menu I saw "Helicopter", "Animal Boss Grace" and "Jokebump".

Anyone want to make a guess as to what they are.

Helicopter is probably the gyrocopter. Animal Boss Grace is probably a unqiue named bear boss, either that or is recreation of joels evil 2nd grade teacher. :p

Bashing some brains and shooting arrows never looked so satisfying in the game, nice job.

That HP bar...is it optional?

I like it, makes the game look even more like an RPG.

When he brought up the spawn menu I saw "Helicopter", "Animal Boss Grace" and "Jokebump".

I also saw some bandit NPCs in it.

Check out improved combat and terrain!

Awesome! Glad to see that combat is finally receiving a lot of attention. Also, a little detail that I noticed is that when you hit a zombie your weapon has a slow down effect, which makes it feel like you're actually hitting an object instead of swinging past it.

Distant terrain is also looking great with the new shader and distant trees. Hopefully the lighting will get touched up a bit as well, as it seems pretty rough in certain situations with Alpha 16, but that could just be personal preference.

Thanks for video Madmole, and keep up the good work!

Anyone want to make a guess as to what they are.

Helicopter is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual helicopter. (he expressed interest in it)

Animal Boss Grace is a placeholder for an animal boss entity coming soon.

Jokebump is actually Jokeblimp and is a placeholder in case faatal is able to do an actual airship. (Al expressed interest in it)

Those are my...uh...guesses.

All looks good. But I didn’t like the mention of dlc he made. Games not even finished so dlc should not even be in the thought process yet

It has already been established that not every single feature that they plan for the game will be released before launch. Some features will be released after launch and since they will not be driving to your house and programming it into your computer the only way for you to get the rest of the features of the game is through downloadable content. So why exactly shouldn't he mention it when it will be the way the game continues to progress after gold release?

Ah yes, playing the role of a red bar watcher, truly the most immersive experience!

I purposely take a 1 for that attribute so that my character always suffers from status bar blindness and can't see any status bars of any kind. I compensate by putting the points into charisma for the forums.

Archived