Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well I think that anyone who is still here after all this time is not the average rage quitting player. We kept playing even when getting killed until we figured out how to survive in the world. That process of discovery can never be duplicated again. Every Alpha after the first one is just the same thing with some new aspects. You will never be able to return, though, to the coolness factor of those first couple of days when you were trying to figure everything out and everything was new and unfamiliar.

Alpha 6 was my first time... :tickled_pink:

THIS.

We may snark at each other, group hug, argue, give rep, agree, disagree and everything in between but at the end of the day I think most of us would protect a Fun Pimp like we were Clint Eastwood in the 90's. Even if we dont always see eye to eye.

NPCs are pretty vital to the game IMO. They will give the world a lived in feeling. And after playing Subsistence and Next Day a bit it would be very thrilling to have to deal with bandits that could come to raid your base. The NPCs that people were modding in honestly were not that impressive but I didnt expect them to be considering they arent hooked up to any real AI. But if they get the AI right on them they could be a game changer in base design and comfortable living.

What I don't understand is why people would rather have a zed only world instead of one that feels like a living breathing world with zeds and a few survivors and some of those survivors are good, some are neutral, and some are nasty.

Well, zeds should play center stage because otherwise it wouldn't be "THE APOCALYPSE", it would be hey, there is an unfortunate outbreak that is going to make you late for work. Oh and by the way some naughty people are taking advantage.

What I don't understand is why people would rather have a zed only world instead of one that feels like a living breathing world with zeds and a few survivors and some of those survivors are good, some are neutral, and some are nasty.

Sometimes even the best of us temporarily don't like change. But once experienced, assuming a remotely reasonable change, most people will enjoy the new experience and drop any complaints.

**Note: The object in my avatars picture is an airship, she probably has a zombie bear crew as well. :)

Sometimes even the best of us temporarily don't like change. But once experienced, assuming a remotely reasonable change, most people will enjoy the new experience and drop any complaints.

**Note: The object in my avatars picture is an airship, she probably has a zombie bear crew as well. :)

This is true, look at the current alpha and when the video went up about paint. I lost count on all the people the complaints that was post about the paint. But then when A16 released some if not most of the people that hated the idea once they started playing came back and said how cool it was and so on. This is just one of the many things that some of complain about but then came back and said how they actually liked it.

I'm all for Bandits in the game. The way I see it its more features and challenges to a really great game. I appreciate everyone has their valid concerns and opinions. Personally I focus more on enjoying the game and don't get too bogged down on the mechanics.

I do miss when the Z's would literally tear through your walls and lock on you like a hellfire missile. Keep up the good work Pimps !!

The plan for that is 3x3 meter sections or whatever size works out, a back, a middle you can extend as much as needed and a front. Maybe a smashed variant, we'll see. It would be a dev block but still it should help. We're doing crushed cars too that Bob uses for his walls.

Im assuming since you shared this new concept art that its already in the works and not just a "nice" or "maybe" to have. :p

As a prefab creator im excited what new blocks we will have to use from this. :)

Edit: Will the bus be paintable? Lol

I recommend reducing the indestructible protected zone to the trader's trailer itself. It's the ideal option so long as protection is necessary, as the trailer is already in place as a strong-looking, self-contained, well-defined area within the trader's base.

I like that idea. The "you are teleported away"-area would have to stay as big as it is now though, otherwise people on MP-servers would use the trader base as their home base.

I think that would really hurt their purpose. The most important airdrop is the very first one, that comes on Day 4 by default. On that day, the stuff in the crate is typically high value, even life saving for you. But by the time you've advanced enough to start operating electronics or machinery, you barely care what's in the airdrops anymore.

Maybe the first crate drops anyway but in that crate or as loot somewhere else you can find an instruction leaflet how to get a signal out. That would enable further airdrops. That would be a unique quest, maybe even as a quest chain, where you have to build a makeshift radio from electronic parts, a car antenna and something only found in a grave at a specific place (as told by the trader or some other NPC)

@unholyjoe, you are spot on, more hole, random spikes placed by survivors and no cinderblocks. they truly don't make sense. I can get rocks anywhere.

roads should have:

-- things to give you flats

-- holes

-- spikes/fence

-- random trash piles

-- Cars

-- zombies (sleepers) in Cars.

-- traps like cars that explode and need to be disarmed.

I could go with that, it is what you would expect in a apocalypse setting; pot holes, some small craters from grenades or other explosives, especially in the area of towns that are destroyed. Not ones that take up the whole street, but a section of it. Spikes in the road and around certain POIs, bank, post offices and such where people might have taken shelter for a short time. Yeah, although I am not wild about the idea of a flat tire, I can see as how it would happen, we would some type of fire fix, the instant repair like you can get to temporary fix a flat tire.

That would fit the game, cinder blocks, maybe if there was a wreck truck with a bunch lying around it, like it was carrying a load and the vehicle was wrecked and then fell off as the driver tried to avoid whatever it was. Otherwise, remove the blocks, there are enough bounders around you shouldn't have any trouble finding some stones.

Because we start a topic i really care about (Available blocks) instead only a answer i started a own tread about it

I think Polished steel blocks can be removed from the Game because they make no sense for gameplay and we can paint the texture now. Really to many BLock ID´s for a very low profit.

I would like to have the Corpses back (The ones that hold often the 44 magnum parts before A16). I liked to use them to tell a story in my Prefabs. The Zombie gore is no real replacement.

1x4 and 1x5 Panels to make a not so step roof. So only 1 Block High Differerence on 4 or 5 Blocks Span. 1x2 Step Roofes look still awful.

A universal 1/2 Block loot container (Can hold everything but mostly Trash) as a simple Half block version of the Full Block Crates we can build

I often would need half block containers in my Prefabs with a more normal loot and not as paintet Ammoboxes. Because i would use them as many different kind of Containers a very different loadout would be cool. But please with possible brass in it. We have really need for more brass if we lower the Loot abundancy.

----------------

Low Priority

A window that is not Centered for shacks made of Half Blocks and/or Plates. Sure we can use only a Glass Plate. But a not centered window would look nicer in a woodshack in the wilderness

I like the idea of NPCs, it will add to the aspect that there is hope for the world, we are no longer alone (I won't play PVP, or PvE, for a lot of reasons) so it lets me feel that I am with others but don't have to interact if I don't want to. The chance to feel that I am contributing to the regrowth of our world; the town, county, state, country is added benefit.

I am looking forward to quests for them, to find something, to help them build a place safe to live, to find needed items, a variety of possibilities that we can have is something that I am looking forward to.

To each their own, for me it will be a big plus.

I think Polished steel blocks can be removed from the Game because they make no sense for gameplay and we can paint the texture now. Really to many BLock ID´s for a very low profit.

Sorry can you explain a little more as i dont understand because the way i read it is..

Remove all SS blocks and polish upgrade item to increase free block space but keep the texture ??"267"?? and the material MstainlessSteel

I am guessing even without paint the texture is needed by other components of blocks like "cntWashingMachine".

Problem is one of items high on the list that players wanted from the trader was the polish item.

Maybe i have misundestood what your trying to suggest.

Unless the road block was hidden around the corner of a hill or building. You would see it a long way off and plan accordingly.

Either by planning a way to clear it or avoiding it entirely.

I was thinking they're dynamic spawning POI's that are guarded by bandits. Specifically if cars and larger vehicles are introduced and roads are the only way to use them.

Sorry can you explain a little more as i dont understand because the way i read it is..

Remove all SS blocks and polish upgrade item to increase free block space but keep the texture ??"267"?? and the material MstainlessSteel

I am guessing even without paint the texture is needed by other components of blocks like "cntWashingMachine".

Problem is one of items high on the list that players wanted from the trader was the polish item.

Maybe i have misundestood what your trying to suggest.

The texture can be paintable no matter if there is a usable block with it.

You are right the polish is one of only a few items that is Trader only. and i dont like the idea if this is removed too. But this is not arround 30 Block id´s worth. (in my opinion)

And if a Block has 18 000 Hp or 21 000 Hp doesnt make a real difference 3000+6000+9000 or 3k+6k+12k

Yes sorry i am new to reading and understanding the scripts but i read it as an extra ~16% explosionresistance and 50% max damage increase compared to Msteel

Also isnt there prefabs built out of SS blocks ?

Polish has no use without these blocks , i may be wrong but i dont think it would be widely popular cull even if they took up 150 block ids.

I have not used paint ingame as yet and but looking at the config i am guessed it removed texture with one action and added texture with the other.

it was not my intention to discuss 1000 Hp more or less.

But because of the downgrades we talk about around +- 10-20% plus a slightly higher defense against explosions.

It is much simpler and better to make the wall 2 Steelblocks thick instead of polish them.

This is the reason i base my meaning on.

For optical reasons we have now the Painting tool

For Defense reasons it was allways better to add a additional layer concrete or rconcrete (or steel if you like more defense) but rconcrete add extra Hp that give more Defense as only one layer of Stainless steel, and is much easyer to repair.

it was not my intention to discuss 1000 Hp more or less.

But because of the downgrades we talk about around +- 10-20% plus a slightly higher defense against explosions.

It is much simpler and better to make the wall 2 Steelblocks thick instead of polish them.

This is the reason i base my meaning on.

For optical reasons we have now the Painting tool

For Defense reasons it was allways better to add a additional layer concrete or rconcrete (or steel if you like more defense) but rconcrete add extra Hp that give more Defense as only one layer of Stainless steel, and is much easyer to repair.

Yes personally i can see your logic i jsut think your going to have a difficult time convincing people who want the Ssteel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is proberly a logical reason value of 9000 and i am sure i jumped to conclusions in previous reply above and its working as designer intended but both max health values added then divided by 2 is strange.

If its a RC bug then this maybe this what happens

8000 0x1F40‬ b0001111101000000‬

10000 0x2710‬ b0010011100010000‬

18000 0x4650‬ b0100011001010000‬

9000 0x2328 b0010001100101000‬

Pseudo assy sorry

ld 0x1F40‬ r1

add r1 eax

ld 0x2710‬ r1

add r1 eax

RoR eax

Archived