Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I worry about the negative vibes towards RWG...

So it's broken currently, yeah, but Kin has fixed it up before more than a few times...

It's obvious that RWG didnt receive a lot of love after the upgrade to Unity2018, and the changes that followed.

Which is more than likely because, other things required attention more urgently.

I just hope the negative vibes, don't create a "thing", where working on RWG is considered a chore by the dev.

The best results always comes, from a clear and happy mind.

Remember that survivers ;)

Unfortunately you have many of the big prefabbers and the guy whom is a magician with the compo pack knowing how broken the rwg is (even tho they know it will be great when finished whom have to realise that the 17.2 exp version is not a good working model. One can not do what one has done for a long time in a island so small.

the rwg has had many bugs for a while and as you stated it is broken. The hubs was a great thing for the game had it was removed. the unlimited world was removed (this is understandable not any game has made it succesful altho was kinda hoping tfp would make ground breaking and get that one.

the water has alot of issues as Magoli has made a urgent thread about. We all know Kinyajuu is a magician and when let loose i believe he will own the rwg and have it superb. But you have alot of long timers here whom deal with the rwg and do their magic to bring alot of people enjoyment with the things they do and all be it game still in alpha state we all are aware and these things occur. we get our backs up when a dev says I PREFER it kinda is a kick up the rear to all of us whom love the game and give our feedback and all. but in the end we do know the end of the road will have it sorted and these things will work but we like to voice our concerns like everyone else,

Well i would only wish more info.

I reportet 2 RWG issues and got zero feedback.

Now i have no clue if:

* The reports have been forwarded or not

* If forwarded if the issues was known

But imagine for a moment they didnt known the issues. Well then it was allready helpfull to release the current RWG.

Sadly i imagine it a other way. The RWG team said "We need no feedback on rwg because we work active on it and know that it is broken". The QA didnt forward the info. And because both Issues are not really obvious the next RWG build will still have these issues.

And the joke is that the obvious problems they cause are likely tried to fix by completly different measures.

So that after the next build that looks better than the current they can again start from scratch. As i wrote in report. The fix change 0-1 Prefabs of a type to over 1000. Means all the Propabilitys in the rwgmixer.xml need to be rewroten, as result of fixing the prefabs own xml´s.

On paper money it's actually very common to have water marks and repetitive images / patterns (usually with tiny variations), as well as as a border that somewhat protects the relevant parts of the currency from wear and tear.

But I guess that's an old people thing. Today's kids don't know paper money any more. ;)

On paper money it's actually very common to have water marks and repetitive images / patterns (usually with tiny variations), as well as as a border that somewhat protects the relevant parts of the currency from wear and tear.

But I guess that's an old people thing. Today's kids don't know paper money any more. ;)

Until next regional power blackout

On paper money it's actually very common to have water marks and repetitive images / patterns (usually with tiny variations.), as well as as a border that somewhat protects the relevant parts of the currency from wear and tear.

It's also common for the denomination of notes to be in increments large enough to be useful to a majority of the population unless the country is in severe economic turmoil.

Oh look, my 64k map has downloaded...

Children+playing+with+stacks+of+hyperinflated+currency+during+the+Weimar+Republic,+1922+(1).jpg

Metaphors.... :-)

I think I took a left 2 metaphors ago.

You're lucky, my mind was ploughing on through to how certain types of blockchain-coin marketplace equate to a procedurally generated system with a universal algorithm passed as a tiny bit of data to the end user. This solves the old blockchain problem of having to download the entire economy before you can use it but requires a trusted source to keep track of changes :-)

I don't think there's currently a "good" way to have blocks emitting AOE buffs. Potential performance issue, too, if overused / spawned randomly.

I really hope there is one in the future. Also buffs should potentially apply on blocks. Yes, that's even more potential performance issues but so many cool ideas are possible with this.

Just look around. Some people would complain if the next iteration of RWG would print money. ;)

And they would be right: Counterfeit money is illegal. Printing money costs cpu power and RAM that is lost for map generation. Paper money is worthless, we want Dukes. :cocksure:

i really really hate it when webpages like github want to force me using special characters in my passwords.

I have a simple system i use for all my passwords.

As a example (with a diferent formula)

Github would be

7 for G

i overtaken from github

33 as a string i add allways on this place

hub again overtaken from the webpage

= 7i33hub

This way i can have different passwords for all my 50 Websites and other stuff i use passwords.

But NOOOOOOO a very smart ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of programmer means i am not allowed to do that.

So i set a password i am sure i forget in 2 months and i will never again be able to access my stuff

You have a fixed string in your password. Just add 2 special chars to that fixed string and it is compatible to all password regimes.

But as a word of warning. An attacker who wants to target you and has read this just needs one cracked passwort from one of the sites you frequent to crack all your webpage accounts now. Make sure your banking webpage is not among those 50.

You have a fixed string in your password. Just add 2 special chars to that fixed string and it is compatible to all password regimes.

But as a word of warning. An attacker who wants to target you and has read this just needs one cracked passwort from one of the sites you frequent to crack all your webpage accounts now. Make sure your banking webpage is not among those 50.

^^

if someone hacks my bank account he read

2009lmadzonkgoat.jpg

besides that my real formula is kind of self-encrypting.

Means even with a few Codes its nearly impossible to find out the formula (not impossible but far above appropriate)

but yes, good tip.

Specially for people who think now they overtake this system

^^

if someone hacks my bank account he read

2009lmadzonkgoat.jpg

They can't get at your money anyway without transaction numbers, but your account can be used in other ways. Depends on the motive of the attacker but the potential to get you into trouble is there.

besides that my real formula is kind of self-encrypting.

Means even with a few Codes its nearly impossible to find out the formula (not impossible but far above appropriate)

That's the fallacy, If they know enough rules about your password, they can easily brute force the unknown bits. For example they don't need to know that 'G' is 7 or 8 or 3, they just will try out all 10 numbers.

but yes, good tip.

Specially for people who think now they overtake this system

:fat: Nothing I said isn't known to the script kiddies who do this on a regular basis.

Dont want to go too much in the details.

But as a example

Steam = rijbz

Amazon = u15f1t1

Not very obvious, or ?

First the word backwards and then adding the digit sum to each Letter.

My real system is much easyer to calculate in the head but even a 4 Digit number result in a few million possibilities.

<snipped for space>

Length will help you more than complexity. Both long and complex is the preferred goal.

Anything less than a dozen characters and you're wasting everyone's time except the brute-force hackers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute-force_attack

I use a public/private system. I have a simple public password for stuff I don't really care about but my sensitive stuff is behind a strong password.

This appeared today...

https://it.slashdot.org/story/19/02/15/0459230/8-character-windows-ntlm-passwords-can-be-cracked-in-under-25-hours

password_strength.png

^^The example in the xkcd comic is vulnerable to a dictionary attack.

Hmm that 8 Letters are no longer safe is indeed new for me (even if using a hardware rig that utilizes eight Nvidia GTX 2080Ti GPUs) says not sooo much, i know no Website that responds in such a rate. (Means as long as you have the data you want to encrypt not local available i guess 8 Letters are still safe enough for the casual)

But good info, means i lengten my passwords when i have some free time

Well, I'm an old fuddy-duddy who doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the latest AAA games, so I have not one single game in my Steam library that is much over 10 Gb. And I like it that way.

But even if you accept 100 Gb games - remember that a) a significant number of players won't even give a ♥♥♥♥, so that's disk space wasted on nothing, and b) this is really only useful until RWG is not totally ♥♥♥♥ed (and TFP said RWG is high priority so I'm hoping that's a narrow window of time).

Plus, for most of the U.S. it takes about the same amount of time to download a 2.5G map as it does to generate it. (Thanks, Ajit Pai.)

That's why I think providing a seed is better - near-zero disk space/download times, and in the same time it would take to download a map, it's generated. No fuss, no muss.

Obviously there are more concerns from TFP, basically they'd be curating any included maps, so if they aren't at least up to Navesgane standards then tons of folks would bitch.

Well now your lying, i know hundreds of people in the states and not a single one has said their internet plans have degraded because of recent internet regulation changes. And im from canada and we have worse internet thats much more expensive, and 10gigs is nothing. I'm more worried about google and the UN cencoring the internet myself. To get back on track, you literally didnt address any of what i said, basically stated “oh its useless used up space” well i disagree. If they can get on the spot generated RWG maps made that are large in scale, then fine awesome, but if it ends up being limited to 4k or not much bigger then id rather have a set of pre generated large maps installed on the game. The extra space would literally affect no one besides “fuddy-duddy” people like yourself.

<snipped for space>

One solution, if we're intent on using splatmaps, is to have the server do all the heavy lifting of terrain generation and only pass the relevant tile data to the client upon request.

The client has no need to keep a copy of the map which is good from a cheater perspective because they can't just look at the splatmap data and find all of the good spots and also good from a generation perspective because the client doesn't have to generate or retrieve the map data.

That's still quite a bit of data to pass at runtime but it's certainly not going to measured in gigabytes.

Archived