A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

Hey Tin?

Can you point me to some rwgmixer info to learn how to work with it by chance?

Something my wife and I have been looking for is adding a rural/farm city. A large area for the town, but only with farms, maybe a market, the RaceWay Guppy did, and that's about it. Have it with one of the rare chances to spawn but so a few should pop up. Possibly set in only the plains type biome. Basically, very sparse farming community but large. Might even make a Ranch prefab to go into it. Was thinking of having something like the Navesgane large farm load into it.

I'm probably going to make a herdsman prefab at some point as well that would be something like a mountainous goat herder kind of thing.

Some key rural stuff always seemed to be missing. So was looking to see if there was a way to add it in.

Hey Tin?

Can you point me to some rwgmixer info to learn how to work with it by chance?

Something my wife and I have been looking for is adding a rural/farm city. A large area for the town, but only with farms, maybe a market, the RaceWay Guppy did, and that's about it. Have it with one of the rare chances to spawn but so a few should pop up. Possibly set in only the plains type biome. Basically, very sparse farming community but large. Might even make a Ranch prefab to go into it. Was thinking of having something like the Navesgane large farm load into it.

I'm probably going to make a herdsman prefab at some point as well that would be something like a mountainous goat herder kind of thing.

Some key rural stuff always seemed to be missing. So was looking to see if there was a way to add it in.

Make a specialty Cell, Hub and POI list so that's the only hub that will generate in that cell and only use the prefabs you want.

example:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1806" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="9996" terrain_generator="TinMoreMNTMap" biome_generator="vanilla">	

<cell_rule name="farmCell" prob="0.25"/> 
<cell_rule name="cityCell" prob="0.2"/>
<cell_rule name="townCell" prob="0.25"/>
<cell_rule name="ruralCell" prob="0.3"/>
<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->

</ruleset>

Then

<cell_rule name="farmCell">
<cave_count value="1,1"/>
<path_material value="asphalt" />
<path_radius value="10" />

<hub_rule name="farmRural" prob="1"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessCity"/>

</cell_rule>

Then

<hub_rule name="farmRural">
<hub_type value="rural"/>
<width value="210, 231" />
<height value="210, 231" />

<prefab_rule name="FarmPois"/> <- note what poi list it's using.

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="4">
	<axiom value="[FFT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN][F-FF+FF[-T]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I]FF-F[+N]"/>

<rule char="T" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="[FFT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN]"/>
	<rule char="A" replace_with="[FFFF*]-[FF+FFF+FF.]++[FF-FFF-FF.]"/> <!-- 	Draws 2 rectngls side by side -->
	<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFF*]-[FF+FF+FF.]++[FF-FF-FF.]"/> <!-- Draws 2 boxes side by side -->
	<rule char="C" replace_with="F[F]-[FFA]+[FFB]+[FFJ]"/> <!-- Draws cross street -->
	<rule char="D" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]+[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section LFT -->
	<rule char="E" replace_with="F[F][FF*]+[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section RT-->
	<rule char="G" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]++[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section -->
	<rule char="H" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]"/> <!-- LFT Turn-->
	<rule char="Z" replace_with="F[F]+[FF*]"/> <!-- RT Turn-->
	<rule char="J" replace_with="F[F]-F+F[-FF*]F+F[-FF*]F+F[-FF*]F+F."/> <!-- Center Spoked Box -->
	<rule char="Y" replace_with="F[F]-F[FF*]+F[FF*]+F[FF*]+F[FF*]."/> <!-- Small Spoked box off center -->
	<rule char="L" replace_with="FF[F]-FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]."/> <!-- Lrg Spoked box Off center -->
	<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,K,A,B,C,D,E,G,H,Z,J,Y,L"/>
</street_gen>
</hub_rule>

Then

<prefab_rule name="farmPois">
<prefab rule="residentialOldFarmGroup"/> <- you would need to make and name these groups to use only the pois you want.
<prefab rule="residentialNewFarmGroup"/> <- and here Housing for old residential zone
<prefab rule="commercialFarmGroupCity"/> <-and here Housing for new residential zone
<prefab rule="downtownFarmGroupCity"/> <- bldgs for downtown zone
<prefab rule="industrialFarmGroupCity"/> <-bldgs for industrial zone
<prefab rule="ruralGroupFarmCity"/> <- bldgs for rural zone (aka old residential zone extra prefabs (f.e. cornfield ))
<prefab rule="detailFillerFarmGroup"/> <- this is optional you don't really need the detailed group stuff.
</prefab_rule>

All hubs will generate all zones, so you may need to alter a prefabs xml "allowed zones" to be used for more than 1 zone.

Quick question. I know I have seen this question all over the place but now can't find it or any answers. For animal spawning such as boars and stags. Is that controlled in the rwgmixer or what .xml is that controlled in? I am working on making a bunch of different quest that require the killing of animals. Problem is the are in very short supply in my game. I want to bump the number up just a bit to make them a little more available to be killed.

Quick question. I know I have seen this question all over the place but now can't find it or any answers. For animal spawning such as boars and stags. Is that controlled in the rwgmixer or what .xml is that controlled in? I am working on making a bunch of different quest that require the killing of animals. Problem is the are in very short supply in my game. I want to bump the number up just a bit to make them a little more available to be killed.

entitygroups.xml you can adjust the prob="" on the invisible animals (friendly/enemy).

<entitygroup name="EnemyAnimalsDesert">
<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="0.6" /> <- adjust this value
<entity name="animalSnake" prob="0.5"/>
<entity name="animalZombieVulture" prob="0.65"/>
<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="1" />
</entitygroup>

-or-

spawning.xml in the biomes spawning section add another line.

<biome name="forest">
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="2" time="Day"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="2" time="Night"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest"/> <- add extra line
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest"/> <- add extra line
</biome>

To look like:

<biome name="forest">
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="2" time="Day"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="2" time="Night"   entitygroup="ZombiesAllWander" />
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest"/> 
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest"/>
<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest"/>
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest"/>
</biome>

Adding an extra line will make the entitygroups.xml roll twice, doubling your chances to get animals to spawn.

just increasing the maxcount="" will still only roll once and if it hits, will increase the animals per area with no increase chance to spawn.

You can also do something like:

<biome name="forest">
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Day" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest"/>
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Night" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest"/>
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Day" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest"/>
       <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Night" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest"/>
</biome>

Doing it like this^ will give you 3 chances for (friendly/enemy)Animals to spawn throughout a 24hr game day.

Hope that gives you an idea on how to work it multiple ways.. which reminds me.. I need to update my animals mod to reflect some changes lol

Well I have some kinda sorta bad news but not really.

I am no longer going to keep updating this mod... Sorry to those that like what I was doing but I just have a lot of things I have been juggling and I need to lighten the load. So again I am sorry.

BUT!

I have a new goal, a new Idea, for a more robust mod and I am excited to start working on it and I wanted to devote more time to it (details to come later).

I will be keeping the D/L links active till I get the new MOD up and running (it'll be awhile till that happens).

So just let me say a heartfelt "Thank You!" to all whom have been using my current mods for giving me the inspiration to tackle something a bit larger in scope. :)

Peace out till next time!

Tin-

One door closes but another one opens, cant wait to see what you come up with in the future! Thanks for your work man! :)

Thanks!

With what the vanilla game has and the tools at my disposal (could always use more though >.>) I think I have just enough pieces to make what I want now or at least get a good start... I hope lol

Make a specialty Cell, Hub and POI list so that's the only hub that will generate in that cell and only use the prefabs you want.

example:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1806" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="9996" terrain_generator="TinMoreMNTMap" biome_generator="vanilla">	

<cell_rule name="farmCell" prob="0.25"/> 
<cell_rule name="cityCell" prob="0.2"/>
<cell_rule name="townCell" prob="0.25"/>
<cell_rule name="ruralCell" prob="0.3"/>
<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->

</ruleset>

Then

<cell_rule name="farmCell">
<cave_count value="1,1"/>

<hub_rule name="farmRural" prob="1"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessCity"/>

</cell_rule>

Then

<hub_rule name="farmRural">
<hub_type value="rural"/>
<width value="210, 231" />
<height value="210, 231" />

<prefab_rule name="FarmPois"/> <- note what poi list it's using.

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="4">
	<axiom value="[FFT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN][F-FF+FF[-T]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I]FF-F[+N]"/>

<rule char="T" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+I**]FF-F[+N*K]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="[FFT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN]"/>
	<rule char="A" replace_with="[FFFF*]-[FF+FFF+FF.]++[FF-FFF-FF.]"/> <!-- 	Draws 2 rectngls side by side -->
	<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFF*]-[FF+FF+FF.]++[FF-FF-FF.]"/> <!-- Draws 2 boxes side by side -->
	<rule char="C" replace_with="F[F]-[FFA]+[FFB]+[FFJ]"/> <!-- Draws cross street -->
	<rule char="D" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]+[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section LFT -->
	<rule char="E" replace_with="F[F][FF*]+[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section RT-->
	<rule char="G" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]++[FF*]"/> <!-- draw T section -->
	<rule char="H" replace_with="F[F]-[FF*]"/> <!-- LFT Turn-->
	<rule char="Z" replace_with="F[F]+[FF*]"/> <!-- RT Turn-->
	<rule char="J" replace_with="F[F]-F+F[-FF*]F+F[-FF*]F+F[-FF*]F+F."/> <!-- Center Spoked Box -->
	<rule char="Y" replace_with="F[F]-F[FF*]+F[FF*]+F[FF*]+F[FF*]."/> <!-- Small Spoked box off center -->
	<rule char="L" replace_with="FF[F]-FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]+FF[FFF*]."/> <!-- Lrg Spoked box Off center -->
	<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,K,A,B,C,D,E,G,H,Z,J,Y,L"/>
</street_gen>
</hub_rule>

Then

<prefab_rule name="farmPois">
<prefab rule="residentialOldFarmGroup"/> <- you would need to make and name these groups to use only the pois you want.
<prefab rule="residentialNewFarmGroup"/> <- and here Housing for old residential zone
<prefab rule="commercialFarmGroupCity"/> <-and here Housing for new residential zone
<prefab rule="downtownFarmGroupCity"/> <- bldgs for downtown zone
<prefab rule="industrialFarmGroupCity"/> <-bldgs for industrial zone
<prefab rule="ruralGroupFarmCity"/> <- bldgs for rural zone (aka old residential zone extra prefabs (f.e. cornfield ))
<prefab rule="detailFillerFarmGroup"/> <- this is optional you don't really need the detailed group stuff.
</prefab_rule>

All hubs will generate all zones, so you may need to alter a prefabs xml "allowed zones" to be used for more than 1 zone.

Holy crap I just saw this! THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

So is this like a successor to the old Tin's World from A 15?

Just found this one while looking for Tin's World for A 16 (or something of the sort), as I've taken a break and am ready to get back in.

No idea if the old Tin's World would work well with the new random gen changes, unfortunately I deleted my backup on my hard drive while cleaning up clutter :p

Also, good luck with your next project. Out of curiosity, any hints on what that might be?

Well I have some kinda sorta bad news but not really.

I am no longer going to keep updating this mod... Sorry to those that like what I was doing but I just have a lot of things I have been juggling and I need to lighten the load. So again I am sorry.

BUT!

I have a new goal, a new Idea, for a more robust mod and I am excited to start working on it and I wanted to devote more time to it (details to come later).

I will be keeping the D/L links active till I get the new MOD up and running (it'll be awhile till that happens).

So just let me say a heartfelt "Thank You!" to all whom have been using my current mods for giving me the inspiration to tackle something a bit larger in scope. :)

Peace out till next time!

Tin-

Thanks for all you have done Tin. Good luck on future projects.

So is this like a successor to the old Tin's World from A 15?

Just found this one while looking for Tin's World for A 16 (or something of the sort), as I've taken a break and am ready to get back in.

No idea if the old Tin's World would work well with the new random gen changes, unfortunately I deleted my backup on my hard drive while cleaning up clutter :p

Also, good luck with your next project. Out of curiosity, any hints on what that might be?

Tin's world should work in a16 as well, best bet is to just copy/past the terrain gen section over top of the new one.

The latest in this thread has 3 different terrain gens you can load and play and use all 3 in different saves (easy instructions in the rwgmixer file) :)

The new project is going more of the pioneer route (ala Minecraft):

Little to no main roads mostly footpaths and 2tracks leading to the poi's.

Towns are at best little remnants of themselves with their roads fully overgrown as nature is in full swing reclaiming the world.

It's your job to survive as the "Dead" is threatening to stamp out the last vestiges of the human race, in a world were nature has won the battle of time and the "Dead" are her foot soldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all you have done Tin. Good luck on future projects.

Anywho The project is coming along. I've made big improvements to the terrain gen since I am no longer shackled with the hubs and rough terrain. Found quite a few resource savers on top of just not having that many hubs and the game is running really good.

Still have more tweaks to do on the terrain gen have 3 biomes redone. Easily increased the tree count in the forests drastically more than vanilla with no fps loss as they load in ;)

Just some pics of the project:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22732[/ATTACH]

Trees Trees Trees

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22733[/ATTACH]

Improved dithering of biomes (no spectrum flashes)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22734[/ATTACH]

2 track main roads

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22735[/ATTACH]

Small remnant town over grown (place holder pois atm)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22736[/ATTACH]

Water sources with beaches (water biome still needs some loving as far as the beaches go..)

• 2 months later...
Hey Tin,

any news for A16.4 update with newest compo-pack?

No plans to revisit these mods. You should be able to d/l the new compo pack stuff to get the new prefabs and insert them into the rwgmixer pretty easy since I have the compo pack prefabs kinda separated in lists... I also don't think a lot of new prefabs have been integrated since I originally made these mods (something like only a 1/2 dozen or so?!?).

These mods are no longer getting updated but TY for your continued interest on what I have done. I appreciate it. I will have something new in the near future if everything works out well and will start a new thread when it's close to being done.

Edit: I should also note that any of these mods are compatible with A16.x Just start fresh/implement the mod and you're good to go.

No plans to revisit these mods. You should be able to d/l the new compo pack stuff to get the new prefabs and insert them into the rwgmixer pretty easy since I have the compo pack prefabs kinda separated in lists... I also don't think a lot of new prefabs have been integrated since I originally made these mods (something like only a 1/2 dozen or so?!?).

These mods are no longer getting updated but TY for your continued interest on what I have done. I appreciate it. I will have something new in the near future if everything works out well and will start a new thread when it's close to being done.

Edit: I should also note that any of these mods are compatible with A16.x Just start fresh/implement the mod and you're good to go.

I still use it, I spent weeks trying to get the mixer to my liking, I did and then deleted the org files and was about to start all over when I used your older mixer then the 3 intergrated ones. I love them. Waiting to see what happens in 17 and slaan compatibility before I devote any more time to the mixer. So I will continue being lazy and use your hard work.

I still use it, I spent weeks trying to get the mixer to my liking, I did and then deleted the org files and was about to start all over when I used your older mixer then the 3 intergrated ones. I love them. Waiting to see what happens in 17 and slaan compatibility before I devote any more time to the mixer. So I will continue being lazy and use your hard work.

:rockon: xD Yeah Hopefully slaan gets what he needs :)

Some preview pics of terrain and biome improvements to come for the new mod:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23484[/ATTACH]Trying to dirty up the roads some (wip)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23485[/ATTACH] Biome transition wasteland to plains (my version of the wastelands that is).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23486[/ATTACH] produce hubs in rougher terrains.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23492[/ATTACH] Yes can still get the larger hubs :)

More preview pics for new mod (wip):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23487[/ATTACH] Some mountains (full height range)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23488[/ATTACH] Caves (yes some spawn zeds)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23489[/ATTACH] Wolves ad bear dens (yes they spawn wolves and bears)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23490[/ATTACH] Pine to desert transition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23491[/ATTACH] Desert with a oasis.

Hey Tin, I used your bigger city version awhile ago, was wondering if you have a A16.4 Big city xml, Im trying to make a small map of just a city and have a PUBG type event :D

Not at the moment and it would be awhile till I get enough extra time to do so (currently working on a new project). I would need to put together another terrain gen that is open in the middle of the map and position the hub at "0,0" and give it enough room.

Personally I would wait till slaan get's his project done for public consumption. It would be a better experience since it was hand done and bldg placements and balanced for it.

Archived