A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

@Tin,

have You noticed any dependence on property "seed_additive"? how the value is affected?

If i set "seed_additive"=0 it will be regardless seedname?

The essence of my task - is to get rid of the unpredictable effects seedname at the time of the experiments.

@Tin,

have You noticed any dependence on property "seed_additive"? how the value is affected?

If i set "seed_additive"=0 it will be regardless seedname?

The essence of my task - is to get rid of the unpredictable effects seedname at the time of the experiments.

From what I see happening in all the maps I have done (so I may not be totally right but not totally wrong either):

It's within the actual seed name itself and will naturally adjust certain frequencies. The additive itself is just that, an in addition to the seed name for whatever specific module you want affected + some. The best you can do is use [no_seed=true] with the modules you don't want to be overly affected. It's not a 100% but it does calm down the changes based on the seed name.

This ! Thanks !

Cool! I touched on what you wanted :)

Srry, I just tend to over explain somethings if I'm not a 100% sure on what ppl are exactly asking for.

Not your fault I didn't understand it a 100% probably mine :)

Is it just me or is this rwgmixer way flatter then the previous one?

The last rwgmixer had tons of mountains and hilly terrain and thus current one is almost absent of mountains.

Nope not just you. If you want the older style you can copy and past the terrain generator from the older one into the newer one if you want I still have it available in the spoilers.

The reasoning for making it flatter is to give ppl the option to increase the hub sizes as they choose and have it build the cities and towns freely when/if they do so, with little to no terrain obstructing it.

Also it is seed driven, so some seeds till produce more/less depending but you're right it should not produce as much as the older one.

*Oh! I think.. Think! I have found a nice easy solution to allow ppl to switch from multiple different terrain gens easily but it needs more testing atm.

Quick question for you Tin. I am getting myself confused so I hope you are able to get what I am talking about. Back in A15 I was able to take the bottom half of your rwgmixer and add it to the top half of one from someone else's mod. That allowed me to use your terrain generation with someone else's POIs and stuff. Is that still possible in this case? I am looking for the flatter terrain so I can have the big cities and also places to build my bases. Specifically I want to add it to Dwallorde's War of the Walkers mod. He uses a lot of his own POI's and I want to keep them but I would like to make sure I get the flatter ground.

Quick question for you Tin. I am getting myself confused so I hope you are able to get what I am talking about. Back in A15 I was able to take the bottom half of your rwgmixer and add it to the top half of one from someone else's mod. That allowed me to use your terrain generation with someone else's POIs and stuff. Is that still possible in this case? I am looking for the flatter terrain so I can have the big cities and also places to build my bases. Specifically I want to add it to Dwallorde's War of the Walkers mod. He uses a lot of his own POI's and I want to keep them but I would like to make sure I get the flatter ground.

Yep, If you're just using the terrain generation section and pasting it into what Dwallorde has going you should be fine. Not totally sure about the biome generation though. They may have the biomes set for something specific for their world.

Thanks for the reply. I will search through this thread because it is probably in here but I was wondering what controls the size of the towns? Is it the terrain generation or will I have to manipulate a different area to get them bigger?

Increase the hub size in all the hubs you want increased.

Example: The highlighted lines in the green area. Increase those numbers. Personally 1596 is probably all the bigger you need to go and I wouldn't increase all the hubs to that size.

<hub_rule name="CityXLg">

<hub_type value="city"/>
[color="#FFFF00"]<width value="[color="#00FF00"]840, 840[/color]" />[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]<height value="[color="#00FF00"]840, 840[/color]" />[/color]
<path_material value="asphalt" /> 
<path_radius value="10" />

<prefab_rule name="cityPois"/>

<downtown_zone_size_perc value="0.75"/>

<street_gen level="35" length_multiplier="5">  

<axiom value="[F[T]F+F[T]F+F[T]F+F[T]F.]"/>

<rule char="T" replace_with="-FFF-[FFFI]+[FFFI]+[FFFI]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="[F[T]F+F[T]F+F[T]F+F[T]F.]"/>
	<alt_commands chars="T"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

Hmm..... Dev seems to have imported Tin's hub generation on A16.3b7. XD

They should be appreciating your work. Congrats!

Tin's

<rule char="T" replace_with="-F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="+F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="+F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="+F+FF-FF[T**]FF-FF-FFFF+FF+FF[i**]FF+F[N**]"/>

A16.3b7

<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]T[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]I[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]N[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="[FFCT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN]"/>

Hmm..... Dev seems to have imported Tin's hub generation on A16.3b7. XD

They should be appreciating your work. Congrats!

Tin's

<rule char="T" replace_with="-F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="+F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="+F-FF+FF[T**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[i**]FF-F[N**]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="+F+FF-FF[T**]FF-FF-FFFF+FF+FF[i**]FF+F[N**]"/>

A16.3b7

<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]T[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]I[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="[color="#FF8C00"]N[/color]" replace_with="F-FF+FF[-[color="#0000FF"]T[/color]**]FF+FF+FFFF-FF-FF[+[color="#0000FF"]I[/color]**]FF-F[+[color="#0000FF"]N[/color]*K]"/>
	<rule char="K" replace_with="[FFCT][-FFT][+FFI][--FFN][+FFT][-FFI][++FN]"/>

:tickled_pink:

Well I figured out how to have multiple terrain generators/biome generators/ in 1 rwgmixer and how to easily switch between them.

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1806" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="10080" terrain_generator="tin" biome_generator="vanilla">

Note the highlighted portions of this line in the red section.

<terrain_generator name="tin" use_old_final="false">

<terrain_generator name="vanilla" use_old_final="false">

I can add multiple terrain generators in a single rwgmixer and the only thing ppl will need to change is at the top of the rwgmixer file which I noted first. I can do the same with the biomes and the ruleset if I wanted.

So basically you can have one game using the "tin" terrain generator an another separate game using the "vanilla" terrain gen without needing to swap rwgmixer files around each and every time.

I got a few more test to do but it's looking very promising :)

This will also help with in that I won't need do twice the work for a vanilla only poi and a compo poi list.

Oh, finally?

Those features was not available on A15. (Just deco-codes)

But now, user can easily switch modded and vanilla as they wish.

Really cool. Nice find.:)

Yep and I just confirmed once a world is set like: World1 is using the "tin" terrain gen and world2 is using the "vanilla" terrain gen, I can swtich between them with no discrepancies and play them both :)

Hehe I like this. Opens up some more things for modders.

Did any of you guys see anything in the mixer pertaining making POIs spawn uniquely in the world? (Not hub). Kin told me recently that it can be done in a future update. Im crossing my fingers it snuck in with the latest mixer changes. :p

Like the wilderness pois? F.E. Like having your prison spawn in a certain cell? or are you talking more about telling a certain poi to spawn at such n such position on the map? Not sure I am understanding the uniquely part?

B

Yep and I just confirmed once a world is set like: World1 is using the "tin" terrain gen and world2 is using the "gvanilla" terrainjlgen, I can swtich between them with no discrepancies Thu and play them gt c both :)

Hehe I likes this. Opens up some fmmore things for my ugmodders rebranding.

Omg that is friggin amazing,

Any chance of you throwing a few different terrain generators in one rwgmixer, maybe one really mountainous and hilly and one flat?

Seriously though thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Like the wilderness pois? F.E. Like having your prison spawn in a certain cell? or are you talking more about telling a certain poi to spawn at such n such position on the map? Not sure I am understanding the uniquely part?

Any of those really. It would be nice if we could do what we did in A15.

Any of those really. It would be nice if we could do what we did in A15.

You could always create a wilderness group "LazWilderness" then only put down what poi's you want to spawn from that group. Then make a Cell that only draws from that "LazWilderness" poi list and done :) Certain cells would only produce those poi's with the gravel trails while others went with the vanilla wilderness group poi's.

I tried using the position="" for cells but it doesn't work all that well (still need to try it for the newest experimental though). I can create new cells and new wilderness groups that use specific pois in them and have that cell not produce a hub but only wilderness poi's. I can even change the gravel to asphalt as well or make them wider.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg that is friggin amazing,

Any chance of you throwing a few different terrain generators in one rwgmixer, maybe one really mountainous and hilly and one flat?

Seriously though thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Going to take some time to get everything together and then developing a more rugged terrain gen with more mountains. BUT! It'll be in the works :) just no time frame on it.

edit: @Laz You can probably just d/l what I have done and use it as a guide to get a general idea as to how to go about doing this in the mixer. I already do this in it with the latest mixer I have done.

Archived