A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

It seems like there are a lot less cities with this rwgmixer. I found one city near 0.0 on the seed I tried. I can't seem to find any more I normally like to find a flat area that has several cities around it. Does anyone have any good seeds to try.

It seems like there are a lot less cities with this rwgmixer. I found one city near 0.0 on the seed I tried. I can't seem to find any more I normally like to find a flat area that has several cities around it. Does anyone have any good seeds to try.

What seed are you using and which terrain gen name?

Oh! also you can make the:

<cell_rule name="deadCell" prob="0.25"/> <- change the prob="0.25" to prob="0" and it'll produce more hubs.

Which is in the comments of the rwgmixer.xml :)

edit: My hubs tend to be bigger in general than the vanilla version. So to keep it playable for most ppl I needed to add a dead zone so to speak.

Try "what123" (no quotes)

I did have to drop burnt forest probability way down to avoid losing a big part of the center of the map to it, but it's about as busy as you could ever want a map to be. Here's a picture, using the flatsmap settings: https://imgur.com/3UV9BwW

Honestly, with a town/city in almost every quadrant I assumed I broke something but it looked like a good time to me.

Biome spawn rules changed:

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">

<biome_generator range="0,0.01"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">

<biome_generator range="0.01,0.2"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">

<biome_generator range="0.2,0.45"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

Try "what123" (no quotes)

I did have to drop burnt forest probability way down to avoid losing a big part of the center of the map to it, but it's about as busy as you could ever want a map to be. Here's a picture, using the flatsmap settings: https://imgur.com/3UV9BwW

Honestly, with a town/city in almost every quadrant I assumed I broke something but it looked like a good time to me.

Biome spawn rules changed:

<biome_spawn_rule name="burnt_forest">

<biome_generator range="0,0.01"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="desert">

<biome_generator range="0.01,0.2"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

<biome_spawn_rule name="plains">

<biome_generator range="0.2,0.45"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

Nope that's pretty typical and what I have been seeing in general. Still interested in what seed and terrain gen name they used so I can load it up in the editor to see the full map :)

Is it just me tin or do the first loads now seem to be very fast...all 3 take my server less then 4 mins to generate ?

Nope, they be fast :)

Kinyajuu did some excellent work getting the hubs to load faster (which was the biggest slowdown with generating worlds). Now if we can get the sleeper block load issues when getting near hubs addressed, this will be pretty dreamy :)

tin just so i dont seem a idiot but...if i disable all of your terrain gen with comments.....what happends ? does it go normal vanilla with pois ?

TBH I am not sure what will happen lol. Pretty sure it won't go back to vanilla since all those modules have been removed and my terrain gen modules are many times more than Vanilla itself for each variation. Might be a neat little experiment though <shrug> :)

If you disable my terrain gens though I think it'll give the red lines of death.

Ah I was using Zombie as the seed it does look like it has a lot of cities in the previewer. Once in game it looked like there weren't that many.

In game there were huge flat areas between cities. the biomes also seemed to be much much bigger than vanilla but that could just be cause there is almost no water. I didn't realize I had to go into the xml file to switch between the different settings.

Ah I was using Zombie as the seed it does look like it has a lot of cities in the previewer. Once in game it looked like there weren't that many.

In game there were huge flat areas between cities. the biomes also seemed to be much much bigger than vanilla but that could just be cause there is almost no water. I didn't realize I had to go into the xml file to switch between the different settings.

I have bigger biomes than Vanilla. If you want, you can go down towards the bottom of the rwgmixer in the biomes generator section. I have a line, with a comment, pointing towards the value I changed to get the biomes bigger and it also states what the default setting was. So if you want it changed back towards being more vanilla you can change it back :)

And thanks for giving the seed name you used. I'll give it a fly by just to look at it either way. Yeah I tried to give ppl leeway to alter parts of it to try and suit their needs.

Ran up a new world with your default RWGMixer with Mag's compo pack.

At first just exploring, I was getting concerned since our crew saw minimal POIs. Minimal being only single ones and they were pretty far apart.

I popped out and added the config to my local game and ran up the previewer and saw that there would be cities out there, so went back in and we found a location... Yeah its pretty cool.

Seed Name: YesAnotherResetItsEarlyAccess

Not sure if its something I should post here or in Mag's thread. Right next to our starter base are two buildings that have merged.

One being a complete skyscraper, and the other being a brokendown 4 story or so building:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307532

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307682

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307825

I dont have the location at this moment, but if you need I can get that.

Ran up a new world with your default RWGMixer with Mag's compo pack.

At first just exploring, I was getting concerned since our crew saw minimal POIs. Minimal being only single ones and they were pretty far apart.

I popped out and added the config to my local game and ran up the previewer and saw that there would be cities out there, so went back in and we found a location... Yeah its pretty cool.

Seed Name: YesAnotherResetItsEarlyAccess

Not sure if its something I should post here or in Mag's thread. Right next to our starter base are two buildings that have merged.

One being a complete skyscraper, and the other being a brokendown 4 story or so building:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307532

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307682

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127307825

I dont have the location at this moment, but if you need I can get that.

Actually, the merged bldgs are a bug in general. I've noted them a few times and they know about it but it's fine putting it in my thread :) Yeah, you must have spawned in or near a "dead cell" and only the wilderness poi's spawn in those. :)

Hi, Tin !

what is your opinion about the difference:

1/

<street_gen level="10" length_multiplier="[color="#FF0000"]4[/color]">
			<axiom value="[color="#FF0000"]FF[/color]"/>				
		</street_gen>

2/

<street_gen level="10" length_multiplier="[color="#FF0000"]2[/color]">
			<axiom value="[color="#FF0000"]FFFF[/color]"/>				
		</street_gen>

in theory - can do both and get the same result... but in practice - there is a difference in prefabs spawning.

I can't understand...

So, I have been mining for some time. I even got the admin tool out to whack massively in an area and haven't hit a gravel vein that would lead to other resources. I am using the rwgmixer along with the biome and weather. What should I be looking for in them to tweak the mining possibilities.

I may just be running bad luck, but this is the first time in A16 I haven just come across them by digging down almost randomly.

As always thanks for your time.

Hi, Tin !

what is your opinion about the difference:

1/

<street_gen level="10" length_multiplier="[color="#FF0000"]4[/color]">
			<axiom value="[color="#FF0000"]FF[/color]"/>				
		</street_gen>

2/

<street_gen level="10" length_multiplier="[color="#FF0000"]2[/color]">
			<axiom value="[color="#FF0000"]FFFF[/color]"/>				
		</street_gen>

in theory - can do both and get the same result... but in practice - there is a difference in prefabs spawning.

I can't understand...

With the FF compared to the FFFF, The FF Is going to get you better results (generally). Depending on the terrain and where the hub wants to be placed, the smaller section is more likely to succeed (in general) in getting and fitting into place But to equal the FFFF you need to increase the level= by double.

Basically when I put together an axiom I shoot for an average size of the biggest poi to the smallest poi and go for a design based off of that.

I think?!?! the football stadium is 4x5 sockets in size and the pyramid houses are 2x1. This way I am guaranteed the majority of the pois to fit and the very large ones periodically (I also do my rules the same way).

The streets do get put down fully first then it adds the pois after. Also, the poi list does play a role on how and what pois do get placed as well.

There is No 100% sure fire way but that's what I do for my starting point and then tweak for best results.

edit: also with your rules focus on repeatable forms. Think of it like a cell (organism) and it wants to keep replicating itself.

I also think the prefab crew needs to go back and adjust the prefabs to follow suit with socket sizes in mind.

So, I have been mining for some time. I even got the admin tool out to whack massively in an area and haven't hit a gravel vein that would lead to other resources. I am using the rwgmixer along with the biome and weather. What should I be looking for in them to tweak the mining possibilities.

I may just be running bad luck, but this is the first time in A16 I haven just come across them by digging down almost randomly.

As always thanks for your time.

I always look for the gravel spots on top and then follow it down. The gravel spots on top are more of a peppering of an area though.. And probably partially bad luck as well. I didn't adjust anything below ground just the decorations on top. :)

I always look for the gravel spots on top and then follow it down. The gravel spots on top are more of a peppering of an area though.. And probably partially bad luck as well. I didn't adjust anything below ground just the decorations on top. :)

So basically you will be looking for areas like these.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22538[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22540[/ATTACH]

With the FF compared to the FFFF, The FF Is going to get you better results (generally). Depending on the terrain and where the hub wants to be placed, the smaller section is more likely to succeed (in general) in getting and fitting into place But to equal the FFFF you need to increase the level= by double.

Basically when I put together an axiom I shoot for an average size of the biggest poi to the smallest poi and go for a design based off of that.

I think?!?! the football stadium is 4x5 sockets in size and the pyramid houses are 2x1. This way I am guaranteed the majority of the pois to fit and the very large ones periodically (I also do my rules the same way).

The streets do get put down fully first then it adds the pois after. Also, the poi list does play a role on how and what pois do get placed as well.

There is No 100% sure fire way but that's what I do for my starting point and then tweak for best results.

edit: also with your rules focus on repeatable forms. Think of it like a cell (organism) and it wants to keep replicating itself.

I also think the prefab crew needs to go back and adjust the prefabs to follow suit with socket sizes in mind.

Thanks!

I'm just trying now to effectively spawn the large prefabs, like the large corn fields...

(....hmmm...actually 4-times more than cornfield_lg....no....even more!.. :D....)

Thanks!

I'm just trying now to effectively spawn the large prefabs, like the large corn fields...

Depending On how you have your axiom and rules set you should be able to have that cornfield spawn on the outside. Maybe put the cornfield closer towards the top of the poi list so it gets picked sooner? Maybe add a min_count="1" to it as well.

Depending On how you have your axiom and rules set you should be able to have that cornfield spawn on the outside. Maybe put the cornfield closer towards the top of the poi list so it gets picked sooner? Maybe add a min_count="1" to it as well.

of course! It's dedicated rural with its own set of prefab - the question of its priority is not worth it ;)

of course! It's dedicated rural with its own set of prefab - the question of its priority is not worth it ;)

Ah! Since it's part of a specialrural hub maybe make the cornfield xml for the prefab be able to be placed in commercial along with residential Old/New.? give it an extra zone it can spawn in.

Ah! Since it's part of a specialrural hub maybe make the cornfield xml for the prefab be able to be placed in commercial along with residential Old/New.? give it an extra zone it can spawn in.

Yes, it was first a problem until i figured it out. I ordered it for all of zones and this greatly increased spawning. Then i noticed the dependence on the configuration of the hub (FF or FFFF).

Now i'm looking for a way to disable the binding of zoning from rwgmixer.xml. Otherwise i have to duplicate prefabs with different variations of zones.

Yes, it was first a problem until i figured it out. I ordered it for all of zones and this greatly increased spawning. Then i noticed the dependence on the configuration of the hub (FF or FFFF).

Now i'm looking for a way to disable the binding of zoning from rwgmixer.xml. Otherwise i have to duplicate prefabs with different variations of zones.

Haven't messed with it in a while but you could try:

<downtown_zone_size_perc value="0.45"/> but try like <residentialOld_zone_size_perc value=""/> or others like commercial etc,.

I know awhile back it didn't work but they may have added it in recently.

Archived