A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

Oh, you didn't release the one you were showing me? With the adjoining towns?

Nope.. Plus those towns wern't at the center of the map and he (they) want a small map. So it wouldn't be a guarantee those hub would spawn close enough on the map size. I would need to specifically make and set everything up for it to be that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Been away for a couple months and am curious if your 16.3 rwgmixer will work with 16.4? Or is there a 16.4 somewhere in the links that I just missed?

Thanks! :)

It'll work. Just start from scratch. Install 16.4 then reinstall the mod and your off to the races. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to place a custom town/city that is always laid out the same and at the same location?

I am using a server manager and if I set up /lobby for instance using a nice prefab and have to wipe the server for any reason , the /lobby spawn point will stay at the same location but the prefab would no longer be there. I would like to create a small town that has my /lobby /exile /prison etc. and it will always be there even when I need to do a major wipe.

Is it possible to place a custom town/city that is always laid out the same and at the same location?

I am using a server manager and if I set up /lobby for instance using a nice prefab and have to wipe the server for any reason , the /lobby spawn point will stay at the same location but the prefab would no longer be there. I would like to create a small town that has my /lobby /exile /prison etc. and it will always be there even when I need to do a major wipe.

The only place you can force the game to actually put a cell (which you can add a hub to) at a certain point is at pos="0,0" and even then it'll depend on how rough the terrain is at that location if the hub will form fully (if at all.. you may have a big ole mountain with some seeds).

example: <cell_rule name="MyHub" position="0,0" prob="1"/>

The only place you can force the game to actually put a cell (which you can add a hub to) at a certain point is at pos="0,0" and even then it'll depend on how rough the terrain is at that location if the hub will form fully (if at all.. you may have a big ole mountain with some seeds).

example: <cell_rule name="MyHub" position="0,0" prob="1"/>

Can you then force a particular layout of "myhub" ?

Can you then force a particular layout of "myhub" ?

Yes in the hub section:

example:

<hub_rule name="abandonedOutpost">	<!-- Hub Name *Can be whatever you want it to be* -->

<hub_type value="rural"/>	<!-- Hub type *Not really used but can be useful to categorize -->

<width value="210, 252" />	<!-- Self explanatory -->
<height value="210, 252" />   <!-- Self explanatory -->

<path_material value="asphalt/dirt" /> <!-- Doing something like this will erase roads from being formed in hubs but still place Pois-->
<path_radius value="11" />	

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>  <!-- Prefab list the Hub will pull from -->

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="3">

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/> [color="#FFFF00"][b]Remove the "T" from the axiom so it doesn't reference any of the rule additions and only build from the axiom [/b][/color]

<rule char="T" replace_with="[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]-FFF[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]"/>
	<rule char="I" replace_with="[-FF*][-FF*][-FF*]-FF[+FF*][-FF*][-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="N" replace_with="[FF*][-FF*][+FF*][--FF*][+FF*][-FF*][++FF*]"/> 						
	<rule char="A" replace_with="[-FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]-FFF[+FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]"/> 					
	<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
	<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
	<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
	<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,A,B,C,D,E,G"/> 

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

In this case it'll just build a single (or dbl can't remember of the top) cross street.

edit: basically you are placing this hub to spawn in the "Myhub" Cell

Yes in the hub section:

example:

<hub_rule name="abandonedOutpost">	<!-- Hub Name *Can be whatever you want it to be* -->

<hub_type value="rural"/>	<!-- Hub type *Not really used but can be useful to categorize -->

<width value="210, 252" />	<!-- Self explanatory -->
<height value="210, 252" />   <!-- Self explanatory -->

<path_material value="asphalt/dirt" /> <!-- Doing something like this will erase roads from being formed in hubs but still place Pois-->

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>  <!-- Prefab list the Hub will pull from -->

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/> [color="#FFFF00"][b]Remove the "T" from the axiom so it doesn't reference any of the rule additions and only build from the axiom [/b][/color]

<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
	<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
	<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
	<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
	<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

In this case it'll just build a single (or dbl can't remember of the top) cross street.

edit: basically you are placing this hub to spawn in the "Myhub" Cell

I see where that will force the same street layout but can it also put the same prefabs in the same locations? Or will it randomize it from "settlement_pois" as used in your example?

I see where that will force the same street layout but can it also put the same prefabs in the same locations? Or will it randomize it from "settlement_pois" as used in your example?

That will always have a bit of random but you can kinda stack the deck by where the poi's are placed in the poi list (but not that much though). "Word on the street" is Eventually we "MAY" be able to hand craft cities at some point like we were able to in earlier builds. I just wouldn't expect it any time soon and at least that's what I am gathering. .. but it doesn't mean we'll get it either.

Still unable to get this to appear in game. I will post the relevant bits of code.

<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="1"/>

<cell_rule name="customHubTest">

<cave_count value="1,3"/>

<path_material value="asphalt"/>

<path_radius value="10"/>

<hub_rule name="customHubTest"/>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>

</cell_rule>

<hub_rule name="customHubTest">

<hub_type value="rural"/> <!-- Hub type *Not really used but can be useful to categorize -->

<width value="300, 400" /> <!-- Self explanatory -->

<height value="300, 400" /> <!-- Self explanatory -->

<path_material value="asphalt" /> <!-- Doing something like this will erase roads from being formed in hubs but still place Pois-->

<prefab_rule name="customHubTest"/> <!-- Prefab list the Hub will pull from -->

<axiom value="[-FF][-FF][-FF]-FF[+FF][-FF][-FF]"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>

<prefab_rule name="customHubTest">

<prefab name="xcostum_Safehouse(by_Limodor)"/>

<prefab name="xcostum_Science_lab(by_kinklade)"/>

<prefab name="xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur)"/>

<prefab name="xcostum_Asylum(by_Wsiegel)"/>

<prefab name="notreDamn_(by_tehkarma)"/>

</prefab_rule>

Edit 1: I am getting a small hub that looks to be the same every time but it has none of the prefabs I have listed in the customHubTest group

Did you:

Set the prefabs to spawn in all zones? By way of opening the prefab folder and re setting this line.

example:

<prefab>
   <property name="CopyAirBlocks" value="True" />
   <property name="AllowTopSoilDecorations" value="False" />
   <property name="YOffset" value="-1" />
   <property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="2" />
   [color="#FFFF00"]<property name="Zoning" value="downtown" />[/color]
   <property name="AllowedTownships" value="city,town" />
   <property name="TraderArea" value="False" />
   <property name="ExcludeDistantPOIMesh" value="False" />
   <property name="SleeperVolumeSize" value="38, 4, 48#38, 12, 48#7, 4, 8" />
   <property name="SleeperVolumeStart" value="0, 0, 0#0, 4, 0#24, 0, 32" />
   <property name="SleeperVolumeGroup" value="Cops,Cops,Cops" />
   <property name="SleeperVolumeGameStageAdjust" value=",,hard" />
   <property name="SleeperIsLootVolume" value="False,False,True" />
</prefab>

to like:

[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="Zoning" value="ResidentialOld,ResidentialNew,Commercial,downtown,industrial" />[/color]

Also you didn't attach the prefab list you made for it so I don't know what is actually in it. if you could attach that it would help confirm pls n thanks :) edit: yes you did :D but anyhow lol

Something to consider as well is name things a bit different.

Like for the cell call it "CustomCell"

And the hub Call It "CustomHub"

and the prefab list call it "CustomPrefabList"

So that way it'll become clearer as to each section it goes to.

Ok I made the adjustments so it would be a little clearer on the names.

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="10000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla">
		<cell_rule name="default" prob="1"/>
		<cell_rule name="customHubCell" position="0,1" prob="1"/>
	</ruleset>
</rulesets>
<cell_rules>
	<cell_rule name="default">
		<cave_count value="4,8"/>
		<hub_rule name="townSmall" prob="0.3"/>
		<hub_rule name="townLarge" prob="0.3"/>
		<hub_rule name="citySmall" prob="0.1"/>
		<hub_rule name="cityLarge" prob="0.1"/>
		<hub_rule name="rural" prob="0.3"/>
		<wilderness_rule name="wildernessDefault"/>
	</cell_rule>
	<cell_rule name="customHubCell">
		<cave_count value="1,3"/>
		<hub_rule name="customHub"/>
		<wilderness_rule name="wildernessTest"/>
	</cell_rule>
</cell_rules>

<hub_rule name="customHub">
		<width value="300, 400" />	<!-- Self explanatory -->
		<height value="300, 400" />   <!-- Self explanatory -->			
		<path_material value="asphalt" /> <!-- Doing something like this will erase roads from being formed in hubs but still place Pois-->
		<prefab_rule name="customHubPrefab"/>  <!-- Prefab list the Hub will pull from -->

<axiom value="[-FF][-FF][-FF]-FF[+FF][-FF][-FF]"/>

</street_gen>
	</hub_rule>

<wilderness_rule name="wildernessTest" spawn_min_max="15,20">
		<path_material value="gravel"/>
		<path_radius value="2"/>
		<path_adjust_terrain value="false"/>
		<prefab_rule name="customHubPrefab" prob="1"/>
	</wilderness_rule>

<prefab_rule name="customHubPrefab">
		<prefab name="xcostum_Safehouse(by_Limodor)"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_Science_lab(by_kinklade)"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur)"/>
		<prefab name="xcostum_Asylum(by_Wsiegel)"/>
		<prefab name="notreDamn_(by_tehkarma)"/>
	</prefab_rule>

Definitely seems to be the same prefabs generating there but none of which are from mycustomHubPrefab group

hmm can you send me the rwgmixer file so I can see it as a whole? I must be missing something but I just tested it out in mine and I can get the hub I made at position"0,0" with the prefabs I have selected.

Might have stompyNZ look at this as well But from just what you wrote down it should work.

It is the default rwgmixer file from Ravenhearst. I have only made the adjustments you and I have been discussing and added the prefabs from Compopack and the other mods to the prefabs folder only for now. Not to the rwgmixer. I am not sure how to post you my rwgmixer file from my PC

edit: see if this works https://sharesync.serverdata.net/us/s/AofaVcVzflPLPjWTyVcMfx0033fb96

It is the default rwgmixer file from Ravenhearst. I have only made the adjustments you and I have been discussing and added the prefabs from Compopack and the other mods to the prefabs folder only for now. Not to the rwgmixer. I am not sure how to post you my rwgmixer file from my PC

edit: see if this works https://sharesync.serverdata.net/us/s/AofaVcVzflPLPjWTyVcMfx0033fb96

try this:https://db.tt/F8y3ApfvCA

I don't have that mod nor those prefabs so I couldn't test it before hand...

I reworded things a bit differently but just a touch.

If this doesn't work make sure those prefabs are in your prefab folder for sure but they probably are and set for all zones. One other thing you may need to check is if they are set to be in cities and towns as well in their .xml

Same as last time. I see a POI but not from the group. No hub at all

edit: Ill check the prefab xml and see what I can find

Hmmm.. Do me a favor and try changing your default cell to a prob of "0.5" or something. Maybe that s it? or it could just be position "0,0" won't allow a hub to form because of the terrain. If that doesn't work I'm at a loss as to why. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll see if I can get stompyNz to jump on and see if he can figure out what I'm missing in regards why it isn't working for your rwgmixer.

I think it's working! The buildings are very spread out but I definitely am seeing the prefabs in this location (multiple ones actually since I have not set max count yet.

Nice! that must have been the magic missing ingredient I missed was the prob setting.

Well awesome to hear! opens up "A whole new world!" (... srry had to do it xD) for you and hand crafting things to fit more of what you want :)

try setting the length_multiplier="4" to like "3" and it will help some as well to get them closer.

Archived