SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

Question?

I see a lot of SDX mods utilize this code

<property name="MeshScale" value="0.5,0.5" />

I've seen it used on entitys and blocks. How do I activate this line of code and make it work in my mod with SDX? Is there some scripts I need to make it work?

There is no equivalent script for that shipped with the new SDX. I've been using it in custom classes, but haven't yet done any patching to make it generic. No idea if anyone has any plans for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mortelentus, I'll double check and get back to you but I think I assigned a ID to every mod because I was thinking the same thing. I'm positive when I first installed SDX7 the IDs were being assigned correctly. Don't know if it helps but its ignoring the list order as well, I checked and its saving the order in the config file but never uses it.

Edit:

Just double checked and everything has an ID assigned.

I'll have to test a bit more, ask Dom or take a peak, but i have my suspicions about that... I noticed that on our current build some iDs are being overriden by SDX while others are not...

I'll do some testing, but i think it has to do with sequence and gaps...

So i can do 1,2,3,4,100, 120 but I can't do 1,2,4,3,100,120.... I'll do some more testing while cleaning up for our next starvation release...

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong with the server? I do a fresh install, upload the sdx mods and everything works the first time I log in, I can see the custom models and everything is the way it should be, but then after logging out I cant join the server anymore, according to the logs it cant find the custom models so it aborts loading the xmls.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong with the server? I do a fresh install, upload the sdx mods and everything works the first time I log in, I can see the custom models and everything is the way it should be, but then after logging out I cant join the server anymore, according to the logs it cant find the custom models so it aborts loading the xmls.

You need to compile using the 7 Days to Die Server Target (shipped with SDX, i believe)... The patch order has to be slightly different for dedicated server, or the asset won't load.

Yeah that's what I'm doing, with that targets install folder set as a downloaded copy of the server files (from steamcmd) and then I patch my local files with the steam install on the normal target. I think it might be the different versions of the server, I downloaded the 7 days dedicated server using steamcmd in windows but I'm running the server from a Linux virtual machine. I've downloaded those files from the server but so far I have been unable to get them to patch.

I've been starting the server with "/PATH/startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig.xml" via the command line on the remote vm, is that the wrong way to start it? Its strange because when I first upload the modded files I restart the server and log in the mods do work, but only that once. It all works on the local game too with the same folder of mods.

I've been starting the server with "/PATH/startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig.xml" via the command line on the remote vm, is that the wrong way to start it? Its strange because when I first upload the modded files I restart the server and log in the mods do work, but only that once. It all works on the local game too with the same folder of mods.

i think one parameter is missing

you have to add

-sdxconfig="/PATH/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\settings.ini

hope this help

Just checked the launcher for an update and it said there was a new launcher version. Updated to the version with the big Sync and Start Icons, but now it says my current version of the launcher is 1.2.0.0 and newer than the "new" one listed as 1.1.4.5. Strange!

Update - it just updated again to 1.2.0.2 Thanks.

So it seems to be that I'm missing this settings.ini, does that need to be created manually?

I've been uploading all the xml's the icons and these files

Assembly-CSharp.dll

Mods.dll

Mods.pdb

SDX.Core.dll

SDX.Payload.dll

For the dedicated server, you'll have to create it manually, since you cannot start it with the launcher....

Here's an example. Depending on weather your config.xml has various targets or not (and it does if you're using shiped config), you may also need the target line.

Just testing some very simple mods to get around the block allocation issue and am seeing this in game console:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SystemInformation.GetRSS'from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp'.

Any ideas?

Hmmm....fixed on a full reinstall of game and SDX.....

Ok im not understanding SDX purpose. It seems that it only starts the mods? Can some one explain how i mod things like skins, Adding tools to player crafting window "as in needed to craft like in work stations" and .dll edits?

I was under impression SDX was the editing tool? or am i missing something? i watched the video. And i got that part set... but i dont have a mod to add as need to make it first hehe

edit: i added a mod to mods folder for sdx "clicked mod folder button" and doesnt show up. checked documentation and video and doesnt show how to add. unless i missed it?

Ok im not understanding SDX purpose. It seems that it only starts the mods? Can some one explain how i mod things like skins, Adding tools to player crafting window "as in needed to craft like in work stations" and .dll edits?

I was under impression SDX was the editing tool? or am i missing something? i watched the video. And i got that part set... but i dont have a mod to add as need to make it first hehe

You're missing the point... By a lot... SDX provides you with an API for you to use custom classes and LOAD custom assets... Even without any coding knowleadge you can use sdx to load custom models in the game. But it's custom classes that really make it special... This version goes a step forward, by allowing you to patch even further in.

Oh, and then there's xpath... Excelent to organize your xml changes, do mass updates to configuration xmls, etc etc... It's just too much to just "explain"...

But SDX does not do all the work for you... You still need to make the models unity compatible.... If you want custom behaviours, you still need to code them...

And no, i'm not explaining in detail how to do that... There's a few guides around, the old sdx "how to add a model" still applies... Pacco vيdeos still apply, with minor adjustments... etc etc

In the end, SDX is a great tool for you to use other people SDX mods, or to make your own with enough knowleadge and dedication.

And YES, you NEED to make your mod... Or download someone elses mod and load them up... Maybe take a look at existing mod to actually get a view of what's this about...

Oh so i can take 2 mods and merge them together with this? ok ill check paccos videos. I was just missunderstanding how SDX tool worked. I had been under impression it was tool to EDIT game. but i see what your saying and sounds cool still. I focused on sdx so didnt look up other stuff.. my mistake. Ill check for guides around. Off to find guides for .dll editing and skins i guess :-)

Is there any plans, or maybe it already supports it, for adding command line switches to SDX Launcher that could compile the mods automatically, then exit?

Example:

Build Only:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --build --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt

Build + Launch:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --build --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt --start

Launch:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt --start

Is there any plans, or maybe it already supports it, for adding command line switches to SDX Launcher that could compile the mods automatically, then exit?

Example:

Build Only:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --build --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt

Build + Launch:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --build --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt --start

Launch:

sdxlauncher.exe --gamedir=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\ --logfile=C:\Steam\7DaysToDie\sdxlauncher.txt --start

sdxlauncher is actually the frontend for the compiler sdxc.exe

I'm not at my dev machine atm so I cant give any examples.

Can anyone advise that has been able to run Hals Prefab Editor when SDX7.0 Mods have been installed?

If i load the game via the Prefab Editor or anything else and not via the launcher from SDX7.0 the Mods disappear from the game.

Are there any switches that i can apply to game startups including the Prefab Editor to replicate it launching from SDX?

Thanks in advance

Hello there!

I'm attempting to run SDXC.exe from the command line and was hoping someone could shed some light on the placement of settings.ini.

Currently, I have the following:

sdxc.exe -config="FullPathToTheXML"

I've put settings.ini in the same directory as SDXC.exe, I have also put it under the target directory referenced in the XML.

If I place the file at %appdata%\SDX\Target\7 Days To Die Server\ it works fine... however I'm trying to keep everything self-contained in the SDX and 7DTD folders so I can keep the various versions of servers that we run separate.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Trouble loading into game - "MissingMethodException: 'GameManager.GameMessageClient"

Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for hours, but I don't appear to be getting anywhere. I feel like this should be a fairly simple fix, but it's just not coming to me.

I am loading only purely xml-based mods right now (a few with some text-related edits or custom icons, but no scripts or custom assets otherwise).

SDX appears to succeed at reading and adding all of the xpath items just fine, but when I launch the game and go to actually load into a game, I get the console pop-up (preventing the game from loading) with this error:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameManager.GameMessageClient'.

When I exit game (with Alt-F4, 'cause there's no other way to exit after the console pop-up), I look at the output_log.txt that was generated, and this is the full error message:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameManager.GameMessageClient'.
 at CoreMod.OnGameStarted () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at SDX.Payload.ModEngine.StartupModScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.StartGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ConnectionManager.Net_ServerInitialized () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NetworkCommon.StartServers (System.String _password) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NGuiWdwContinueGame.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)
UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean)
UICamera:ProcessMouse()
UICamera:ProcessTouches()
UICamera:Update()

any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or what I might do to fix it and make the game load?

Really appreciate any help. Thank you!

Archived