SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

I know Pingperfect and Bluefang will install the .dll for you. I had to build it for the server on my machine then set up a place for the Server Tech to download it to check it for viruses and install it. None of them will allow you personally to have access to changing those files but most will do it for you if you ask nicely.

Yeah that's about what I got from my host, that would get old fast at the rate my mods change. Its really not even an option for what I want right now. I got a server from black box because they had on the sales page "Upload dll files." you cant even see the dll files let alone upload them. Anyway I'm looking into how virtual machines work atm cos short of hosting it on my local machine I'm running out of options.

Yeah that's about what I got from my host, that would get old fast at the rate my mods change. Its really not even an option for what I want right now. I got a server from black box because they had on the sales page "Upload dll files." you cant even see the dll files let alone upload them. Anyway I'm looking into how virtual machines work atm cos short of hosting it on my local machine I'm running out of options.

Check out VILAYER LTD

I haven't used them though. And not sure if you'll have access to change command line arguments.

We have always maintained that you get full 100% required access to your service no matter what it is, we have unlocked every aspect of each service bar the .exe files on the application hosted and this is for security purposes however if you require a custom exe file to be uploaded just let our staff know and we'll be more than happy to help.

hmm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I had this working the other day but now it giving an error. This is with no mods selected and a fresh steam validation.

No PatchScripts.
EVENT: Begin task: Copy payload dlls
Copy file: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll
Copy file: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll
EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod scripts
No scripts.
EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)
  at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

It looks like it doesn't want to copy over the Mod.dll file for some reason. Any suggestions?

hmm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I had this working the other day but now it giving an error. This is with no mods selected and a fresh steam validation.

No PatchScripts.
EVENT: Begin task: Copy payload dlls
Copy file: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll
Copy file: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll
EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod scripts
No scripts.
EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)
  at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

It looks like it doesn't want to copy over the Mod.dll file for some reason. Any suggestions?

Reading Pacco's response, I think you can expect that error if you have no mods selected.

@Sphereii-

I have Hals updates A15 in the Mods folder and it has a custom .cs file in it. I didn't read back any, it does look like we are all having the same problem. If anyone figures it out let us know.

Update*

Tried using the old SDX 6 Core file to build still got same error

@Spider

Try copying over the file if it exsists

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\mods.dll"

to this folder

"C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed"

also if Assembly-CSharp.dll is not in "SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" you will also receive an error

Hope that helps

we talked about it in the sdx team group chat.....

Hal thinks he got an solution, try this please:

I think it happens when it's a fresh install of 7DTD and there's no mods in SDX. Because there's no Script files to compile the mods.dll file is never made so when SDX looks for it then it throws the error. Simplest solution is just to have at least one mod with a custom .cs file in it to force the creation of the mods.dll file

hope this helps

Thanks Pacco/Hal (and SDX Team).

Are you suggesting the fix is to run the 'initial' back-up compile WITH a Mod active (aka 'ticked') that has a .cs file, as opposed to running the initial compile WITHOUT any Mods ticked thus forcing the creation of the mods.dll file?

Try copying over the file if it exsists

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\mods.dll"

to this folder

"C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed"

That's the problem - with a fresh install that mods.dll does not exist so we have no way of copying it to the SDX installation directory.

Either the compiler needs to be changed to actually ADD it to a fresh install (no idea how hard that is) or we could perhaps have a blank mods.dll file uploaded somewhere for us all to use (or use Hal's suggestion as above but I'd wait for Pacco/Hal to respond first).

here´s a "empty" mods.dll, thx to mortelentus for it!! just unpack both files into your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder. This solve the problems with that missing mods.dll reference :loyal:

To correct another issue i had i did this and boom it worked

I checked the security on

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

and changed the value for "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" and allowed it Full Access..

Yup Pacco that works thanks

Hay Pacco I have some unity3d files from SDX6 I think they are from you. pistols.unity3d. It has Luger, Beretta and other handguns. I can get them to load but all the meshes are sideways in the players hand. Is there a simple fix for this will it have to be loaded in Blender fixed and exported again? Also if these are yours do you plan on updating the SDX6 mod?

Quick question, in order for the mods to work we do now have to launch the game via SDX. In the previous version I could still launch direct from Steam.

Not a problem except this unfortunately means the Steam Controller does then not pick up it's config.

So...anyone got a 'workaround' to initiate the Steam Controller once in game or even better.....is there an extension we can add to the Steam launcher to effectively boot the game via SDX (probably the better option)?

Quick question, in order for the mods to work we do now have to launch the game via SDX. In the previous version I could still launch direct from Steam.

Not a problem except this unfortunately means the Steam Controller does then not pick up it's config.

So...anyone got a 'workaround' to initiate the Steam Controller once in game or even better.....is there an extension we can add to the Steam launcher to effectively boot the game via SDX (probably the better option)?

You can add the Launcher as a non-Steam game, then, when you are in Big Picture mode, launch the Launcher. Your overlay + controller should work.

Thanks, I managed to do it earlier by:

1) adding the Launcher as a non-steam game

2) adding my controller profile to the non-steam game

3) launch installer

This way I don't have to use that horrendous Big Screen Mode :)

Thanks for the help mate.

- - - Updated - - -

So a quick query.

Say I want to allocate a SPECIFIC block-id to a new block...

I was under the impression if I created a config with:

<block id="2000" name="bob">

</block>

...that SDX would add that block ID as I specified (2000). It appears to insist on finding the first vacant block id however which I normally do by...

<block id="" name="bob">

</block>

....has something changed?

I plan to open source this plugin in the future.

After I fixed 2 different exceptions the launcher was throwing, by tediously working through the stacktraces, only to be presented with yet another, 3rd exception, I had to throw my hands up for now. The frustrating part is, had a public repo been made available already, fixing the issues would have taken moments (and you'd likely have pull requests waiting for you) ... I like what SDX is aiming to do, my hope is you get around to open sourcing things sooner rather than later. :dance: :dance: :dance:

I can confirm that the phenomenon three08 and Grumbul mentioned is true. SDX7 is auto-assigning block-id's and ignoring pre-set ID's. Here's an example:

I have a clean installation and no mods. I then add a single mod with the following block definition:

http://imgur.com/a/PnmzR

As you can see, the block should get ID 2000. But then during the BUILD phase, it get's an auto-assigned number:

http://imgur.com/a/63J93

And this is the result in the blocks.xml:

http://imgur.com/a/jB0DR

So in the end, it got ID 1931, and not 2000 like it should.

Maybe there is a quick fix possible?

I can confirm that the phenomenon three08 and Grumbul mentioned is true. SDX7 is auto-assigning block-id's and ignoring pre-set ID's. Here's an example:

I have a clean installation and no mods. I then add a single mod with the following block definition:

As you can see, the block should get ID 2000. But then during the BUILD phase, it get's an auto-assigned number:

I believe I know what's going on... If you leave any unassigned blockid, every block after that will be auto assigned... Can you confirma that's what is happening to you guys?

I took a glance at the disassembled ApplyModConfigPatchesTask and what it does is it makes note of the highest block ID that exists in the original, unmodified blocks.xml, applies any patches and then anything new is assigned an id 1 higher than the highest ID ...

If you were to add a dummy block to the blocks.xml file in the <sdx dir>\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data\Config with an ID of 1999 you can force it to give your block ID 2000. Obviously this causes a gap of unused block IDs and not an ideal way of going about things but it's all I can suggest as things are.

Mortelentus, I'll double check and get back to you but I think I assigned a ID to every mod because I was thinking the same thing. I'm positive when I first installed SDX7 the IDs were being assigned correctly. Don't know if it helps but its ignoring the list order as well, I checked and its saving the order in the config file but never uses it.

Edit:

Just double checked and everything has an ID assigned.

Question?

I see a lot of SDX mods utilize this code

<property name="MeshScale" value="0.5,0.5" />

I've seen it used on entitys and blocks. How do I activate this line of code and make it work in my mod with SDX? Is there some scripts I need to make it work?

Archived