SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

Hey everyone,

SDX 0.7.1 Is now available.

Hal is the current maintainer of SDX and you have him to thank for this release :)

Changes:

Added: Auto-creation of empty mods.dll if required

Added: Handle XPath variables when patching XML (handles XUI errors)

Added: QoL features to give feedback on errors or handle them automatically

Added: Assets are copied to the game's Mod folder to allow the removal of the sdxconfig file

Added: Button for creating and starting with the sdxconfig file if required

Added: Refresh button for Launcher

Download

Documentation

The Official Website

- Dom

most of the sdx 6 mods wont work anymore, but not because of sdx but because of the changes where made in 7dtd with a15, sdx keeps mostly the same, only the sdxMods folder is not needed anymore.....your mods now have to go into the targets folder in the sdx directory......

like this: Desktop\SDX_0.7.0_RC10\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods

Hey everyone,

So after a long wait, I'm proud to announce the latest update to SDX.

SDX 0.7 introduces a new plugin and target system that allows it to support games other than 7 Days To Die.

It currently ships with a Plugin for 7D2D with targets for the Client and Server. I plan to open source this plugin in the future.

SDX can now be downloaded from the official website http://sdxmod.com/

Many thanks to those who support SDX and help with the testing.

Merry Christmas and have fun modding!

- Dom

Oh nice Dom!!!

Fantastic work and Merry Christmas from a fellow Brisbanite :)

maybe it´s worth taking a look here: http://sdxmod.com/docs.html

ROFL have your read that? I wouldn't consider that instructions for anything. There's some info there about hooking up a SDX server but other than that I don't see how any of that helps me start up a SDX MOD. Wheres the

Step1 -Extract files from Zip.

Step2 -Start SDX by clicking SDX Launcher

Step3 -blah blah blah

Step4 -blah blah blah

That's instructions. I don't even see where it says what you just said-

"only the sdxMods folder is not needed anymore.....your mods now have to go into the targets folder in the sdx directory......"

That's more information than I got from reading that whole page. Some actual instructions on how to install and start up a SDX Mod is needed greatly

Considering the day of year, i doubt any of us will be doing any guide until tomorrow. I know there will be videos about advanced features, and maybe some other text guides behond dedi servers. I'm already surprised dom managed to push live during such a weekend, you'll have to be patient.

But inside your sdx folder there should already be a "targets/7daystodie" folder where your mods should go. The folder structure of each mod remains roughly the same, unless you're using patcher, wich you probably wont for your first tests... I'll be glad to help as soon as i get my personal stuff ou of the way

Anywyas you've seen more then me, i haven't seen the latest RC since i'm not home yet... :(

Got the Mod to show in the Launcher Window but get this when I build

Arg: -config=C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp25BA.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp25BA.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

Copy: GameDir\Data\Config -> C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'GameDir\Data\Config'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at SDX.Compiler.BackupFilesTask.BackupFiles()

at SDX.Compiler.BackupFilesTask.Execute()

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

I put the game directory location in the "Setting" screen and tried building with no mods but i get this

Arg: -config=C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9AD2.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9AD2.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

ERROR: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\UnityEngine.dll does not exist

ERROR: Task Import UnityEngine.dll failed

Action completed at: 12/25/2016 9:58:46 AM

EVENT: Complete.

Shouldn't "\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed" be "\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed"? Just guessing have no clue really lol

I have a problem. when I trying to build I have the error:

EVENT: Run sub task: Run Xml Patcher mod scripts

ERROR: No assembly from BuildAndRunPatchModsTask

INFO: Auto assigning item ids...

than I start the game and after some time i get error:

2016-12-25T22:55:27 85.620 INF XUI loading took 5413ms

2016-12-25T22:55:27 85.622 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 22.707s

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\SDX070\Data\UMATextures\ArchMutatedZombe_0_d.png".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)

at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.ArchetypeTextureCache.SaveToFile (System.String archetypeName, Boolean archetypeIsPlayer, Int32 atlasIndex, UnityEngine.Texture2D diff, UnityEngine.Texture2D spec, UnityEngine.Texture2D nrm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.ArchetypeTextureCache.AddTexturesToCache (System.String archetypeName, Boolean archetypeIsPlayer, UnityEngine.Texture[] textures, Int32 atlasIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.TextureProcessPROCoroutine+<workerMethod>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.WorkerCoroutine.Work () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as Exception: Exception in WorkerCoroutine: UMA.TextureProcessPROCoroutine

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.HandleDirtyUpdate (UMA.UMAData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What need to do? T.T

Archived