SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

I'm getting SDXC has stopped working when I try to build anything in 7 Days to Die. 7.0 version. Anyone know any fixes?

I did this on a fresh install, with basic mods, before and/or after making the backup and doing all the steps on the official SDX thread. Running out of ideas and fast.

I'm getting SDXC has stopped working when I try to build anything in 7 Days to Die. 7.0 version. Anyone know any fixes?

I did this on a fresh install, with basic mods, before and/or after making the backup and doing all the steps on the official SDX thread. Running out of ideas and fast.

We would need more information if we want to help you.....give us the output from sdx...you could just copy the whole Text. Also never try to run sdx while the game is started this will force sdx to stop working.

We would need more information if we want to help you.....give us the output from sdx...you could just copy the whole Text. Also never try to run sdx while the game is started this will force sdx to stop working.

Sorry for the slow reply. Life, you know?

Okay, but I'll clarify that I never run SDX with the game already started. I know better. :p

I was trying to install the Starvation Mod, but I could never get it to work without using the separate updating launcher they were kind enough to create for it. Even making a clean build/backup with SDX 7.0 causes errors. Today I tried installing 6.0 and it works like a charm, but it doesn't play well with Starvation-- a 7.0 SDX mod. I tried installing Starvation and THEN installing Duffle Bags (6.0) using SDX 6.0, but from the looks of things no matter what I do I have to choose one or the other since they override each other. Plus, I can't start Starvation without using the SDX 7.0 launcher.

All I want to do is use a handful of 6.0 SDX mods with Starvation. Idk if I can't combine them manually, or otherwise make it happen, but I'm starting to guess I need to wait for an update. I simply started looting a bank and REALLY didn't want to take a green, iron pickaxe to each and every safe after having used the lockpicks from Valmar's Overhaul. So my spoiled behind wants to use a similar mod to cover my bases.

Arg: -config=C:\Users\Tristam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3E85.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\Tristam\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3E85.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.FindStringLoaderMethod(ModuleDefinition modDef)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.Work(Assembly asm, ModuleDefinition modDef, String outputPath)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.DeobfStringsTask.Execute()

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

[/spoiler

I got it working. No idea what I did differently, but I reinstalled the game and started from scratch. Now it's working.

Now if ONLY I could figure out how to use a couple of different SDX mods together. They don't all seem to play nicely.

I speak for myself only, and many of my individual mods are not updated to A15, unfortunately. All my free time has been invested in Starvation for now (which btw, contains most my previous mods).

Anything in particular you were looking at?

Hi - hoping someone could help... Installing SDX7. Followed the video and all instructions on the documentation. In SDX, Settings > Game Folder is set up fine. Double checked and the 7DaysToDie.exe is definitely in the path specified.

However, when I click BUILD for the first time, the following code is brought up:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'.

File name: 'D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

When i click PLAY, the following message appears:

"Error: Cound not find exe".

Could anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you!

Hi - hoping someone could help... Installing SDX7. Followed the video and all instructions on the documentation. In SDX, Settings > Game Folder is set up fine. Double checked and the 7DaysToDie.exe is definitely in the path specified.

However, when I click BUILD for the first time, the following code is brought up:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'.

File name: 'D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

When i click PLAY, the following message appears:

"Error: Cound not find exe".

Could anyone point me in the right direction please? Thank you!

Until Dom can take a look at this recurrent problem, check Pacco post, hopefully it will help.

Huge thanks, Mortelentus. This allowed the game to boot up for sure, but i'm still having issues compiling any mod at all...

Here is the last section of the latest, using 1 of HALs mods (HalArrows)... Any kind of help with this would be really appreciated!!

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate game code

Execute: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Deobfuscator\de4dot.exe "D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/EntryPatched.dll" --dont-rename -o "D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Deobf_Part1.dll"

EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod patcher scripts

Find Files: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts

No PatchScripts.

EVENT: Begin task: Copy payload dlls

Copy file: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll

Copy file: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll

EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod scripts

Find Files: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\Scripts, *.cs

INFO: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\Scripts\ItemActionLauncherArrow.cs

INFO: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\Scripts\ProjectileMoveScriptArrow.cs

Compiling Mods.dll...

Find Files: D:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\Scripts, *.dll

INFO: Built in 50ms

d:\Steam Games\SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\Scripts\ProjectileMoveScriptArrow.cs(190,21): error CS0103: The name 'HalHelperEvents' does not exist in the current context

ERROR: Failed to compile Mods.dll

ERROR: Task Compile mod scripts failed

Action completed at: 03/02/2017 20:11:10

EVENT: Complete.

Any help at all would be so very much appreciated - thank you!!

Also, as a side note, do we know if these mods work in MP now? I know they didnt used to...?

Note - definitely an issue with the build somehow. Evern when i click PLAY from SDX7, i'm getting the following errors on 7dtd load screen:

SDX: Mod Engine Started

SDX: Finding type refs:

SDX: Loading mods assembly

SDX: Failed to get types: Could not load file or assembly 'Mods' or one of its dependancies. The system cannot find the file specified.

SDX: Begin Load mod script...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object **highlighted in red**

DOes this mean anything to anyone? I'm dying to get DSX7 working but i'm having nothing but problems!

Huge thanks in advance to any helpful humans out there!

With 15.2 installed I can build the mod successfully but when I hit the "Play" button on the SDX Launcher I get a pop up window that says "Error: could not find exe". In SDX6.0 you could start a SDX mod through Steam after it was built but that does not seem to work anymore. Any idea what could be causing my error and not letting me start the game?

I've been tryn to get a SDX mod to load on a server for two days and its worst than pulling teeth. I got it to build finally but when I try and start the server I get this error

2017-02-05T12:36:30 56.381 INF Texture quality is set to 2
2017-02-05T12:36:30 56.444 INF [MODS] No mods folder found
2017-02-05T12:36:30 56.456 INF Loading permissions file at 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml'
2017-02-05T12:36:31 56.477 INF Loading permissions file done.
2017-02-05T12:36:31 56.500 INF Awake done
2017-02-05T12:36:31 56.506 INF [EAC] Not loading, not started from launcher
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.042 INF Atlas reset took 415 ms
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.042 INF Atlas load took 535 ms
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mono.Posix.dll (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/.\libc
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.141 INF User joined: Player
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.201 INF Reloading serveradmin.xml
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.202 INF Loading permissions file at 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml'
2017-02-05T12:36:31 57.203 INF Loading permissions file done.
UMA Overlay loading took 1227 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

UMA Slot loading took 4 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
 Thread -> id: 274 -> priority: 1 
Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlases

(Filename:  Line: 475)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AssetBundleManager.GetObject (System.String _bundleName, System.String _objName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+UH.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2017-02-05T12:36:38 64.414 INF OnApplicationQuit

Any suggestions? Is there instructions for how to install a SDX mod on a server because its not as simple as 6.0 was?

Also with SDX 6.0 you could start the game with out the SDX Launcher after you successfully built the mod. With SDX 7.0 I cant figure out how to start the game with out using the Launcher. Can a SDX 7.0 Mod be started like normal after being built if so how do I go about doing that?

Hello, can you help please.

7DtD - 15.2

SDX - 0.7.0 (from http://sdxmod.com)

Try to install sdx on clear game without any mods. Click BUILD in SDX, start process, then see windows stop working SDXC.exe and then in sdx output this:

Execute: B:\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Deobfuscator\de4dot.exe "B:\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/EntryPatched.dll" --dont-rename -o "B:\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Deobf_Part1.dll"

No PatchScripts.

Copy file: B:\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll

Copy file: B:\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll

No scripts.

EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Необработанное исключение: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Файл "B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll" не найден.

Р?РјСЏ файла: "B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll"

РІ System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

РІ System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

РІ System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

РІ System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

РІ Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

РІ Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

РІ SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

РІ SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Try to read Pacco post and add folder to backup - nothing has changed - the error continued to appear.

Some problems with sdx install

7DtD - 15.2

SDX - 0.7.0 (from http://sdxmod.com)

View video instruction, install clear game, try to install sdx and after i'm click BUILD after some time see windows stop working SDXC.exe and then in sdx output log see that:

Execute: B:\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Deobfuscator\de4dot.exe "B:\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/EntryPatched.dll" --dont-rename -o "B:\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Deobf_Part1.dll"

No PatchScripts.

Copy file: B:\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll

Copy file: B:\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll

No scripts.

EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Необработанное исключение: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Файл "B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll" не найден.

Р?РјСЏ файла: "B:\SteamInstall\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll"

РІ System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

РІ System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

РІ System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

РІ System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

РІ Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

РІ Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

РІ SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

РІ SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

РІ SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Try to see Pacco post and copy backup folder - nothing has changed - this error continues to appear. How can I fix this problem?

Ok so not being able to get the localization to build isn't just me doing something wrong? Mort your SDX mod will build just fine but I cant get mine to. I have mirrored what you have in that file even tried to just use your file but no luck. SDX always hangs up on copying the Localization over. I made a more detailed post here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59447-Help-with-SDX

Guys about locatisation problem there's a workaround... It's not elegant but, put this file on your backup folder... Don't ask me why... Looking at it with file comparer i can't see any difference... When/if we get access to sdx 7d7d plugin we'll see, until then I'm certainly not gonna touch anything Domonix don't want us to.

Here's the file:

Localization.txt

Archived