SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

I grabbed the two mods, and compiled them. I got the same error as you did, but I was able to launch the game, set and use teleporters, set and use bags, etc. I'm curious about what is failing, but it does not appear to stop me from continueing.

Is it a fatal error for you?

It is, actually. I get errors when the game tries to load. These are the errors that pop up...

Unable to open archive file: C:/Users/crypt/Downloads/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/umaplayer

Unable to open archive file: C:/Users/crypt/Downloads/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlases

I have no idea why it's trying to pull the "../Data/Bundles/xxx" from, because that directory doesn't exist, not even in the vanilla directory...

You seem to have a large variety of different mods in your Mods folder.

While it seems to be ignoring them all, I'm now curious how clean the Data/Config folder was, or whether there was already mods mixed in? Maybe one of those others mods are making the call to the umaplayer through the archtypes file?

If you had validated your files through steam, before making your copy, it would have fixed your XML files, but it wouldn't have removed your mods folder. Having the mods folder there doesn't hurt any; At worse, different icons would show up in game.

However, if your xml files were still modified, like say from Bad Company, then the SDX compile would have merged the DuffleBags and Teleport XML mods into those base files.

My Portion of the log:

2017-03-21T21:48:35 18.536 INF User joined: sphereii

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: d2c -> priority: 1

UMA Overlay loading took 14641 ms

Yours:

2017-03-21T18:51:09 8.777 INF User joined: CrypticGirl

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: 1ee8 -> priority: 1

Unable to open archive file: C:/Users/crypt/Downloads/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/umaplayer

I do not have the umaplayer file either, but mine is a completely fresh copy of vanilla. I downloaded it for this issue.

You should definitely have this file:

Unable to open archive file: C:/Users/crypt/Downloads/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlases

Might be worth grabbing a fresh copy of the files, after deleting your steam copy completely.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone a Idea at this error log? I just hit build and i go this:

dhyqekpo0r6kxdte3.png

http://666kb.com/i/dhyqekpo0r6kxdte3.png

EDIT:

I reinstalled SDX 0.7.0 and now i get this one:

http://666kb.com/i/dhyqjla6tg3tpgwsr.png

EDIT:

Solved so far, i got a Backup folder to copy in, and the empty mod files.

Hey LastScavenger

Just so that we are clear, what is your current issue?

Hey LastScavenger

Just so that we are clear, what is your current issue?

I Wish i would knew that. :chuncky:

Right now i am trying to load a Mod using "SDX 0.7.0". I have put the Turrets into "SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalTurret", then build the Mod with SDX. I have got this SDX Log.

Now i start 7DTD with SDX and cant load a new World (Stuck in Loading screen but world already render in background (gpu get hot etc.))

At 7DTD Starup i also get this Log

My Output.Log is: https://pastebin.com/unYm8dbx

So yea, basically my current issue is i cant load a world if i use SDX. If i start 7DTD in Steam it works. :numbness:

I Wish i would knew that. :chuncky:

Right now i am trying to load a Mod using "SDX 0.7.0". I have put the Turrets into "SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalTurret", then build the Mod with SDX. I have got this SDX Log.

Now i start 7DTD with SDX and cant load a new World (Stuck in Loading screen but world already render in background (gpu get hot etc.))

At 7DTD Starup i also get this Log

My Output.Log is: https://pastebin.com/unYm8dbx

So yea, basically my current issue is i cant load a world if i use SDX. If i start 7DTD in Steam it works. :numbness:

Wow, thanks for all the information!

So the first errror I see is right around the time that SDX initializes:

017-03-31T12:31:18 3.232 INF Loading permissions file done.

2017-03-31T12:31:18 3.276 INF Awake done

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\SDX.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

IniException: Expected assignment operator (=) - Line: 2, Position: 39.

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.ReadKey () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.ReadNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniDocument.LoadReader (Nini.Ini.IniReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

So let's see if we can fix that. It almost seems like a bad configuration file. Have you gone through the steps of creating a settings.ini and passing the -sdxconfig= parameter to 7daystodie.exe yet? I know the SDX Launcher lets you skip that, but I wonder if the file its generating is getting corrupted somehow.

From a post I made earlier:

This is correct, xyth, and thank you for pointing it out.

If you are looking at a log file, and see that SDX is initializing, but it's failing to find bundles, it could be because of the %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\. Searching for EnabledMods.txt under C:\Users\ should find it for most people.

If the EnabledMods.txt has an entry for Starvation, or TrueSurvival, and the flag is set to 0, then the bundles for the Resources folder won't be loaded. This appears to be a global read file, even if you are not using the SDX Launcher.

Example of a log file due to EnabledMods.txt:

<snip>

SDX: Loaded mod script: CustomBehaviour

<snip>

SDX: Could not find bundle 'Meter'

2017-02-28T18:04:14 12.023 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#Meter?MeterPrefab' not found on block with id 17)

2017-02-28T18:04:14 12.023 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

To fix, you can delete the SDX folder, or edit the EnabledMods.txt to change the =0 to =1.

You could also try deleting the SDX folder, in case something is wonky in there. Re-running the SDX Launcher will re-create it.

Wow, thanks for all the information!

So the first errror I see is right around the time that SDX initializes:

017-03-31T12:31:18 3.232 INF Loading permissions file done.

2017-03-31T12:31:18 3.276 INF Awake done

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\SDX.Core.dll (this message is harmless)

IniException: Expected assignment operator (=) - Line: 2, Position: 39.

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.ReadKey () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.ReadNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nini.Ini.IniDocument.LoadReader (Nini.Ini.IniReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

So let's see if we can fix that. It almost seems like a bad configuration file. Have you gone through the steps of creating a settings.ini and passing the -sdxconfig= parameter to 7daystodie.exe yet? I know the SDX Launcher lets you skip that, but I wonder if the file its generating is getting corrupted somehow.

From a post I made earlier:

You could also try deleting the SDX folder, in case something is wonky in there. Re-running the SDX Launcher will re-create it.

Thanks for the Help!

Alright, i took a look into the Settings.ini. Next to it was also a EnabledMods.txt with "Simple Katana=1" inside.

But the Katana Mod i dont have anymore in my "Mods" folder and the Turret Mod was missing, so i deleted the SDX Folder. I relaunched the SDX and it create a new Folder. But now the only thing inside is the Settings.ini, no EnabledMods.txt anymore.

"HalTurret" Mod is still in my Mod list of the SDX launcher and the Box is checked.

The Path of the Settings.ini is good so far "[Main] GameDir = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die"

Edit:

Oh wait, what do you mean with "-sdxconfig=" exactly? maybe i understood something wrong.

SDX can be such a fickle beast to get up and running. Here's what I suggest that you do:

1) Delete your Steam copy of 7 Days to Die

2) Re-Validate 7 Days to Die through Steam, getting a fresh copy.

3) Copy 7 Days To Die to another folder, such as C:\SDX.

4) Try to re-compile your mod again, and run through the SDX Launcher

After you do that, then we'll take a look at your errors again.

I have go step by step throught this:

1. Delete 7DTD in Steam

2. Delete Roaming SDX Folder

3. Delete SDX 0.7.0 Folder

4. Delete 7DTD Folder in Steamapps/Common (there were some logs left)

5. Clean up registry with CCleaner

6. Remove Temp files with CCleaner

7. Restart PC

8. Download and Install 7DTD in Steam on C:

9. Create a Backup of 7DTD on G:

10. Unpack SDX 0.7.0 on G:

11. Create a "Mods" Folder in SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie

12. Extract "HalTurretA15"

13. Put "HalTurret" into the "Mods" folder

14. Start SDXLauncher as Admin (I can see the HalTurret Mod Checked)

15. Put the Game Path into "Settings" (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die)

16. Hit "Build"

17. Get this Log in SDX Launcher: https://pastebin.com/ghv5w5Kp

(Should i put next the "Backup" Folder i have got from the User Pacco into the SDX_0.7.0 Folder now? This did help with the Build thing the last time)

18. Start 7DTD with SDX Launcher

19. Loaded a world and spawned proper

20. Exit Game

21. Checked Roaming SDX Folder, i have got a Settings.ini with the right path

22. I got this 7DTD Output.log: https://pastebin.com/qZU4YvLX

I have go step by step throught this:

1. Delete 7DTD in Steam

3. Delete SDX 0.7.0 Folder

4. Delete 7DTD Folder in Steamapps/Common (there were some logs left)

5. Clean up registry with CCleaner

6. Remove Temp files with CCleaner

7. Restart PC

8. Download and Install 7DTD in Steam on C:

9. Create a Backup of 7DTD on G:

10. Unpack SDX 0.7.0 on G:

11. Create a "Mods" Folder in SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie

12. Extract "HalTurretA15"

13. Put "HalTurret" into the "Mods" folder

14. Start SDXLauncher as Admin (I can see the HalTurret Mod Checked)

15. Put the Game Path into "Settings" (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die)

16. Hit "Build"

17. Get this Log in SDX Launcher: https://pastebin.com/ghv5w5Kp

(Should i put next the "Backup" Folder i have got from the User Pacco into the SDX_0.7.0 Folder now? This did help with the Build thing the last time)

18. Start 7DTD with SDX Launcher

19. Loaded a world and spawned proper

20. Exit Game

21. Checked Roaming SDX Folder, i have got a Settings.ini with the right path

22. I got this 7DTD Output.log: https://pastebin.com/qZU4YvLX

Those are great steps. Did you copy your 7 Days To Die to another folder, and change your Game Path to it? I'm worried that the special paths in the directory (Program Files (x86)) is causing some issues.

Oh this was the reason for the Copy, i thought about a Backup.

Now i did:

1. Copy 7DTD into "E:\Games\7 Days To Die

2. Changed the SDX Launcher Path in Settings.

3. Checked Roaming Setting.ini for the right path

4. Build and get this log: https://pastebin.com/Lfa0zi40

Great.

It can't find this path: G:\7DTD Mods\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

Can you remove the Backups folder, and try again? It will get re-created. You may also need to delete that SDX folder in Roaming again, and reset your Game Path when you restart the SDX Launcher.

I know some of these steps are repetitive and annoying, but they do tend to help with success :)

Great.

It can't find this path: G:\7DTD Mods\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

Can you remove the Backups folder, and try again? It will get re-created. You may also need to delete that SDX folder in Roaming again, and reset your Game Path when you restart the SDX Launcher.

I know some of these steps are repetitive and annoying, but they do tend to help with success :)

No Problem, i want to figure out the problem and i am patient. :calm:

Now there is something happen:

1. Delete Backup Folder

3. Start Launcher and Setup Path

4. Restart Launcher

5. Hit Build and got this: https://pastebin.com/WpEKyAKb

6. Start 7DTD via Launcher

7. Try loading a world.

8. Stuck in Loading screen

9. Alt+F4

10. Got this Output.Log: https://pastebin.com/Vb2CccVN