6. Start 7DTD via Launcher

7. Try loading a world.

8. Stuck in Loading screen

9. Alt+F4

10. Got this Output.Log: https://pastebin.com/Vb2CccVN

11. Checked Roaming SDX Folder, found no ExampleMods.txt

Still that settings error.

Let's try this...

Download and copy this file: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/raw/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Clients/RunTime/SDX.Payload.dll

and copy and paste it here:

E:\Games\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\

Then go to E:\Games\7 Days To Die\, and try to run 7daystodie.exe

Still that settings error.

Let's try this...

Download and copy this file: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/raw/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Clients/RunTime/SDX.Payload.dll

and copy and paste it here:

E:\Games\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\

Then go to E:\Games\7 Days To Die\, and try to run 7daystodie.exe

Alright, did that.

And loaded a world and spawned proper, then i exit and got this Output.log:

https://pastebin.com/6RdK01wE

In your E:\Games\7 Days To Die\sdx\Targets\7 Days To Die\, copy the Mods folder into E:\Games\7 Days To Die\

1. Copied the "Mods" Folder from "G:\7DTD Mods\SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie" (I think you mean that) to "E:\Games\7 Days To Die"

2. Start with SDX Launcher

3. Create new world and spawned proper.

4. Looks like Mod is not loaded (I dont find the Turret in creative)

5. Roaming SDX folder still no ExampleMods.txt (Is this important?)

6. Got this output.log: https://pastebin.com/aWYpBdVA

7. Make a build with SDX Launcher

8. Start 7DTD with SDX Launcher

9. Loading screen Freezed

10. Alt+F4

11. Got this output.log: https://pastebin.com/imRR61Lr

1. Copied the "Mods" Folder from "G:\7DTD Mods\SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie" (I think you mean that) to "E:\Games\7 Days To Die"

2. Start with SDX Launcher

3. Create new world and spawned proper.

4. Looks like Mod is not loaded (I dont find the Turret in creative)

5. Roaming SDX folder still no ExampleMods.txt (Is this important?)

6. Got this output.log: https://pastebin.com/aWYpBdVA

7. Make a build with SDX Launcher

8. Start 7DTD with SDX Launcher

9. Loading screen Freezed

10. Alt+F4

11. Got this output.log: https://pastebin.com/imRR61Lr

With my last two posts, you would not need to re-run the SDX Launcher at all. They were test DLLs to see if we could get SDX started.

For #5: no, that file isn't important.

The INI errors you are getting seems to be a malformed settings.ini file, that the SDX Launcher is messing up somehow when it creates it.

The SDX.Payload.DLL I provided you skips reading the settings.ini, and just makes an assumption of where the SDX resources will be found (under Mods, rather than sdx/Target/7DaysToDie/Mods

Well. However, thanks for your Help and your time you spend for that so far! :joyous:

I will do a Clean install again and try out this "SDX.Payload.DLL" and "copy Mod folder" thing again i think.

Yes i am desperate.

Maybe it works, else i have to wait for a new Version or so. :cold:

I will make another DLL tonight, if I can, that will assume that the Config.xml is under sdx/Targets/7DaysToDie, rather than require the settings.ini file.

I think the command line parameter and settings file is just a needless step in the process that causes people the most grief, both with building and running SDX mods.

I will make another DLL tonight, if I can, that will assume that the Config.xml is under sdx/Targets/7DaysToDie, rather than require the settings.ini file.

I think the command line parameter and settings file is just a needless step in the process that causes people the most grief, both with building and running SDX mods.

I allow myself for being confident about that, maybe there comes a happy end for everyone. :chuncky:

Thanks for the effort!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just spent an hour reading through this whole thread lol How do I get SDX mods in multiplayer? Do my dad and I both download the launcher, I give him my edited mod folders, and have him put them where they go? Then we both load the launcher through Steam and join games? I'm very new to all of this. I've been playing on PS4 for close to a year and on PC for about 5 months with a week of modding under my belt lol Any help would be greatly appreciated

So, I just spent an hour reading through this whole thread lol How do I get SDX mods in multiplayer? Do my dad and I both download the launcher, I give him my edited mod folders, and have him put them where they go? Then we both load the launcher through Steam and join games? I'm very new to all of this. I've been playing on PS4 for close to a year and on PC for about 5 months with a week of modding under my belt lol Any help would be greatly appreciated

There's a few ways to do it, and you can decide on how best to do it for you guys. Is this for peer to peer, or are you interested in hosting a dedicated server? I'll assume peer to peer until you post again.

Option #1: Use the SDX Launcher on both machines. Then launch through SDX Launcher.

Option #2: Use the SDX Launcher on to compile on one machine, then manually copy over key folders and files to the other machine

Option #3: If you are using an existing SDX Mod, like True Survial SDX and Starvation, then you'll need to use their respective launchers, and skip the SDX Launcher completely.

By your own description, you are new to modding. I wouldn't want to steer you in a more complex path than you really need at this point in your modding career. I would suggest going with Option #3 to start off with. These are big SDX mods, and include most of the SDX individual mods you'll find on this forum. You'll skip the SDX Launcher and trying to compile the mods yourself.

They still allow you to make changes to the XML, which would be a great learning opportunity for you.

To find each other in Steam, you can use the Server Browser to find peer-to-peer players, and even the games running on a LAN, if you live together.

There's a few ways to do it, and you can decide on how best to do it for you guys. Is this for peer to peer, or are you interested in hosting a dedicated server? I'll assume peer to peer until you post again.

Option #1: Use the SDX Launcher on both machines. Then launch through SDX Launcher.

Option #2: Use the SDX Launcher on to compile on one machine, then manually copy over key folders and files to the other machine

Option #3: If you are using an existing SDX Mod, like True Survial SDX and Starvation, then you'll need to use their respective launchers, and skip the SDX Launcher completely.

By your own description, you are new to modding. I wouldn't want to steer you in a more complex path than you really need at this point in your modding career. I would suggest going with Option #3 to start off with. These are big SDX mods, and include most of the SDX individual mods you'll find on this forum. You'll skip the SDX Launcher and trying to compile the mods yourself.

They still allow you to make changes to the XML, which would be a great learning opportunity for you.

To find each other in Steam, you can use the Server Browser to find peer-to-peer players, and even the games running on a LAN, if you live together.

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't use the full SDX Starvation or True Survival. My dad and I enjoy the vanilla game for the most part. I just want to add things like apple trees, razor wire, katanas, etc. We tried option one already, and he gets this error saying that textures won't load. I think it's not looking for the Bundles folder? So, I'm going to try option 2 as soon as I can get to his computer

Edit - And I forgot to mention, it is just peer to peer. No dedicated servers or anything like that

Edit 2 - I am also looking for these files after I "build" the game and nothing in the folder is changing. I even reverted the files to vanilla, checked the folder. Built the mods in, and nothing seems to be changed. I even sorted everything my "date modified" and can't find the files and folders I need to give my dad :/

We got it to work, finally. What I had to do was backup his game into a new folder, and then copy my game files and SDX files (everything) all over to his computer. It all run pretty smoothly. The only issue now is, sometimes, while playing, if I pick up a mod item (example; double barrel shotgun, I call the Boom Stick) and go into my inventory while holding said item, I'll get an error code and can't open my inventory anymore. I can't think of anyway to solve this, as the code is virtually identical to the pump shotgun. Or maybe the katana we have. Or it could be as simple as Apple Juice lol Dropping the item and making a new one usually fixes the issue, but uses twice the materials and time to craft :/

We got it to work, finally. What I had to do was backup his game into a new folder, and then copy my game files and SDX files (everything) all over to his computer. It all run pretty smoothly. The only issue now is, sometimes, while playing, if I pick up a mod item (example; double barrel shotgun, I call the Boom Stick) and go into my inventory while holding said item, I'll get an error code and can't open my inventory anymore. I can't think of anyway to solve this, as the code is virtually identical to the pump shotgun. Or maybe the katana we have. Or it could be as simple as Apple Juice lol Dropping the item and making a new one usually fixes the issue, but uses twice the materials and time to craft :/

That's great that you were able to figure it out and got it working. I'm not sure if I would be able to figure out your error though.

If you are updating your mod, and copying the files to your father's computer every time, there could be an easier way. What some server owners do is packaging up their mods and host them on free sites like github.com. Then, using the 7D2D Mod Launcher, you could use that to install the mod and run it. It would auto-update the mod, if you have made any changes, without having to bother copying the files to your father's computer and making it work.

Of course, if you are are rarely updating your mods, then it may not be worth changing something that works for you :)

That's great that you were able to figure it out and got it working. I'm not sure if I would be able to figure out your error though.

If you are updating your mod, and copying the files to your father's computer every time, there could be an easier way. What some server owners do is packaging up their mods and host them on free sites like github.com. Then, using the 7D2D Mod Launcher, you could use that to install the mod and run it. It would auto-update the mod, if you have made any changes, without having to bother copying the files to your father's computer and making it work.

Of course, if you are are rarely updating your mods, then it may not be worth changing something that works for you :)

I was not aware of this. I'll keep it in mind when I start making big changes. Thank you so much for your help :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks.

Guys, I still need help with SDX.

I start to make simple mod, but have some trouble.

1 - I installed SDX Launcher from its site into 7dtd copy folder.

2 - Next I made simple mod from template and tried to cimpile it, but failed with error (like no "mods.dll" found).

3 - Ok. I tried to put some dlls from "Starvation" mod into E:\Games\7dtd_SDX\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\

4 - Hurrah. I able to compile my mods and play it, now. I can place my cube with simple materian in world. Success, but not...

5 - Checking console logs I found some strange stuff like:

BehaviourScript.Update (ERROR): (0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BehaviourScript.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It referencing to Starvation mods.dll or something like that. Anyway from those dlls I just copied in step "3". It's bad.

!!!!!! So my question is: where I can get clean SDX installation without copy "starvation" dlls magic? Why SDX tool isn't compile ready package? Or what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks.

Guys, I still need help with SDX.

I start to make simple mod, but have some trouble.

1 - I installed SDX Launcher from its site into 7dtd copy folder.

2 - Next I made simple mod from template and tried to cimpile it, but failed with error (like no "mods.dll" found).

3 - Ok. I tried to put some dlls from "Starvation" mod into E:\Games\7dtd_SDX\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\

4 - Hurrah. I able to compile my mods and play it, now. I can place my cube with simple materian in world. Success, but not...

5 - Checking console logs I found some strange stuff like:

It referencing to Starvation mods.dll or something like that. Anyway from those dlls I just copied in step "3". It's bad.

!!!!!! So my question is: where I can get clean SDX installation without copy "starvation" dlls magic? Why SDX tool isn't compile ready package? Or what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks.

Take a look at Pacco's post for an empty mods.dll.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got this going on a16 experimental? I can get the mods to load but it wont open the map.

ShowTooltip has changed too, this seems to work but I haven't got in to test it yet.

Replace this line:

GameManager.Instance.ShowTooltip(str);

With these lines:

EntityPlayerLocal entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
GameManager.ShowTooltip(entity, str);

Anyone got this going on a16 experimental? I can get the mods to load but it wont open the map.

I noticed that when SDX processes the XML files that it does not handle the new parameter passing for XUI controls in the controls.xml file. Perhaps that's the cause of the map not opening?

I noticed that when SDX processes the XML files that it does not handle the new parameter passing for XUI controls in the controls.xml file. Perhaps that's the cause of the map not opening?

I had console errors after compiling with no mods attached that were linked to the XUI stuff. Copying the vanilla XUI folders back into the games config folder sorted it out (but would obviously reset any changes to those files)

I had console errors after compiling with no mods attached that were linked to the XUI stuff. Copying the vanilla XUI folders back into the games config folder sorted it out (but would obviously reset any changes to those files)

Thanks Hal. That was the route I took as well.

Sweet, that got it running. Thanks HAL.

Not sure if its just this mod, but the one I'm testing atm was sitting half a block too high, adding a ModelOffset property with a value of 0 fixes it if you don't want to readjust your models guys. <property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0" />

Archived