SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

Thanks for trying to help us Mort. Do you mean the Backup folder that has the backup Config Folder in SDX? I put it there and i got a different error than before at the same spot

EVENT: Begin task: Patch localization
PatchFile: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\True Survival SDX\Text/Localization.txt
Save text file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die/Data/Config/Localization.txt

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, TSource value, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LocalizationTable.WriteRow(StreamWriter sw, String[] values)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LocalizationTable.Save(String path)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.CompileLocalizationPatchTask.PatchTextFile(String sourcePath, String destPath, String patchFilePath)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.CompileLocalizationPatchTask.Execute()
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)
  at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Thanks for trying to help us Mort. Do you mean the Backup folder that has the backup Config Folder in SDX? I put it there and i got a different error than before at the same spot

EVENT: Begin task: Patch localization
PatchFile: C:\Users\John\Desktop\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\True Survival SDX\Text/Localization.txt
Save text file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die/Data/Config/Localization.txt

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Contains[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, TSource value, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LocalizationTable.WriteRow(StreamWriter sw, String[] values)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LocalizationTable.Save(String path)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.CompileLocalizationPatchTask.PatchTextFile(String sourcePath, String destPath, String patchFilePath)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.CompileLocalizationPatchTask.Execute()
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)
  at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Wheres stallionsden when we need him eh. I dont see any sdx 0.7.0 tutorials flying around. How do we run other mods than starvation.... I dunno, its not working. How do we set up a server with other sdx mods... I dunno, I dunno, I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys about locatisation problem there's a workaround... It's not elegant but, put this file on your backup folder... Don't ask me why... Looking at it with file comparer i can't see any difference... When/if we get access to sdx 7d7d plugin we'll see, until then I'm certainly not gonna touch anything Domonix don't want us to.

Here's the file:

Your one is prepared with UTF-8N, on the other hands, 7d2d original one is done with UTF-8.

What I can notice is only this at all......

I can't get it to work, I get this message System.IO .FileNotFoundException: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common \7 days to die\7daystodie_data\managed\mods.dll . What i'm i doing wrong?

This post would help you.

here´s a "empty" mods.dll, thx to mortelentus for it!! just unpack both files into your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder. This solve the problems with that missing mods.dll reference :loyal:

- - - Updated - - -

@Domonix

I think this post from Pacco should be quoted in OP until problem is fixed.

I started having some issues running SDX games like Starvation and True Survival after I started compiling my own SDX game. It seems the SDX 0.7.0 creates a SDX directory in AppData/Roaming/7 Days To Die/ with a settings.ini file. This file is harmless. However, upon a Mod compile, it creates another file in this directory called EnabledMods.txt. If this file is left in this directory after your done compiling, you will get errors when you try to play Starvation or True Survival (or probably any other SDX game). Deleting the file solves the problem. Hopefully the SDX team will have their application delete this file upon application exit in a future version.

Hopefully this will save SDX fans some time troubleshooting errors launching those games.

I started having some issues running SDX games like Starvation and True Survival after I started compiling my own SDX game. It seems the SDX 0.7.0 creates a SDX directory in AppData/Roaming/7 Days To Die/ with a settings.ini file. This file is harmless. However, upon a Mod compile, it creates another file in this directory called EnabledMods.txt. If this file is left in this directory after your done compiling, you will get errors when you try to play Starvation or True Survival (or probably any other SDX game). Deleting the file solves the problem. Hopefully the SDX team will have their application delete this file upon application exit in a future version.

Hopefully this will save SDX fans some time troubleshooting errors launching those games.

This is correct, xyth, and thank you for pointing it out.

If you are looking at a log file, and see that SDX is initializing, but it's failing to find bundles, it could be because of the %AppData%\Roaming\SDX\. Searching for EnabledMods.txt under C:\Users\ should find it for most people.

If the EnabledMods.txt has an entry for Starvation, or TrueSurvival, and the flag is set to 0, then the bundles for the Resources folder won't be loaded. This appears to be a global read file, even if you are not using the SDX Launcher.

Example of a log file due to EnabledMods.txt:

<snip>

SDX: Loaded mod script: CustomBehaviour

<snip>

SDX: Could not find bundle 'Meter'

2017-02-28T18:04:14 12.023 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#Meter?MeterPrefab' not found on block with id 17)

2017-02-28T18:04:14 12.023 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

To fix, you can delete the SDX folder, or edit the EnabledMods.txt to change the =0 to =1.

I put the game directory location in the "Setting" screen and tried building with no mods but i get this

Arg: -config=C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9AD2.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9AD2.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

ERROR: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\UnityEngine.dll does not exist

ERROR: Task Import UnityEngine.dll failed

Action completed at: 12/25/2016 9:58:46 AM

EVENT: Complete.

Shouldn't "\7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed" be "\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed"? Just guessing have no clue really lol

Did you find a fix for this? I am having the same issue with a dedicated server on windows 10.

Arg: -config=C:\Users\Munra\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp4B1B.tmp
ConfigPath: C:\Users\Munra\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp4B1B.tmp
Target: 7 Days To Die Server [1.0]
ERROR: F:\GameServers\7D2D/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\UnityEngine.dll does not exist
Action completed at: 3/1/2017 5:01:05 AM

Did you find a fix for this? I am having the same issue with a dedicated server on windows 10.

Arg: -config=C:\Users\Munra\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp4B1B.tmp
ConfigPath: C:\Users\Munra\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp4B1B.tmp
Target: 7 Days To Die Server [1.0]
ERROR: F:\GameServers\7D2D/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\UnityEngine.dll does not exist
Action completed at: 3/1/2017 5:01:05 AM

Slashes should be inter-changable under Windows. But you can edit the %APPDATA%\Roaming\SDX\7 Days To Die Server\settings.ini to change the slashes, and see if it helps. Also, make sure that you do have a 7DaysToDie_Data, rather than 7DaysToDieServer_Data. You will have to rename the 7DaysToDieServer.exe to 7DaysToDie.exe as well.

This is because SDX is hard-coded to work on the client, but not for the server.

This is what it is doing when it fails: So verify that the GameDir= is set correctly in the settings.ini file (under %APPDATA%, I believe ).

string text = Path.Combine(GlobalVariables.Parse("${GameDir}/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed"), "UnityEngine.dll");
                       <snip>
		if (!File.Exists(text))
		{
			Logging.LogError(text + " does not exist");
			return false;
		}
		File.Copy(text, text2, true);

Hi,

I have SDX working fine on 2 PCs. Both have the same mod and it's all groovy. I tried to get a dedi running but after an hour thought I'd leave it until I have a day off :05.18-flustered: However, I can't seem to get a peer to peer game running now. IU start a MP game on my PC and then my wife tries to connect. She doesn't get past the connecting to server screen and I see this:

error.thumb.jpg.88606e34db5704722c6dc04b1330804c.jpg

I'm going to keep pluggin away but thought I'd ask for help before I run out of Saturday!

Cheers!

Oh btw, she is not on the whitelist or blacklist.

For dedi make sure you compile for the correct target the dedi and the client files... Depending on mod complexity, you may even need 2 versions of the mod.

I'm not sure how complex is your mod, but i never had problems in peer2peer... Can you post your outputlogs, maybe I can spot something.

Hmmm... OK so it occured to me that this was possibly what was happening on my dedi too. Sure enough, when I bothered to look at the logs for that, it's the same error:

2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.401 INF PlayerLogin: Gearheart/Alpha 15.1
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.401 INF Token length: 1368
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.403 INF [steamworks.NET] Auth.AuthenticateUser()
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.404 INF [steamworks.NET] Authenticating player: Gearheart SteamId: 76561197973449015 TicketLen: 1024 Result: k_EBeginAuthSessionResultOK
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.406 INF Allowing player with id 76561197973449015
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.406 ERR Exception in playerAllowed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at GameManager.VD (.ClientInfo ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2017-03-04T12:03:13 66.408 INF Player disconnected: EntityID=-1, PlayerID='76561197973449015', OwnerID='', PlayerName='Gearheart'
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2017-03-04T12:03:14 66.813 INF [steamworks.NET] Authentication callback. ID: 76561197973449015, owner: 76561197973449015, result: k_EAuthSessionResponseOK

Ok, for the dedicated i see that you are not running the script with the sdx config, so that would always throw errors running custom classes...

I do see an error on the client loading the dll. and seems to me something is missing on your builds... No real idea of what. From that moment forward you start getting errors, i imagine all related to the same thing... Don't know how I could help, except maybe try to compile your mod myself.

OK, thanks for having a look, I can think of better ways to spend a Saturday evening :encouragement:

I'm gonna go back to basics and try to install the dedi properly then build up from there. I wasn't aware of an sdx config script... doh. Could you point me in the right direction please?

Also... is it normal to get this on startup, with no mods compiled? (fresh install of game). I've assumed that this was due the the file being overwritten by SDX and 7DTD not liking it... just checking.

2017-03-05T08:03:38 6.178 ERR Error registering commands from assembly Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll)
2017-03-05T08:03:38 6.179 EXC The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
 at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at SdtdConsole.RegisterCommands () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
SdtdConsole:RegisterCommands()
GameManager:Awake()

OK, thanks for having a look, I can think of better ways to spend a Saturday evening :encouragement:

I'm gonna go back to basics and try to install the dedi properly then build up from there. I wasn't aware of an sdx config script... doh. Could you point me in the right direction please?

Also... is it normal to get this on startup, with no mods compiled? (fresh install of game). I've assumed that this was due the the file being overwritten by SDX and 7DTD not liking it... just checking.

2017-03-05T08:03:38 6.178 ERR Error registering commands from assembly Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll)
2017-03-05T08:03:38 6.179 EXC The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
 at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at SdtdConsole.RegisterCommands () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
SdtdConsole:RegisterCommands()
GameManager:Awake()

I believe the config file Mortelentus is talking about is the settings.ini, which should be in your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\ folder.

Contents should be something like this:

[Main]

TargetDir=C:\MyMods\7 Days to Die\sdx\Targets\7DaysToDie\

TargetName=7 Days To Die

The TargetDir= is the path of where your Config.xml is located at. From that point on, it will look for the folders called Mods\, and recursively look for all the assets.

the -sdxconfig= parameter should be added to the start up, and point to the settings.ini file.

7daystodie.exe -sdxconfig=C:\MyMods\7DaysToDie\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini

If you do not want to launch the game through the SDX Launcher, right click on the 7daystodie.exe, and choose Create Shortcut. Right click on the new shortcut file, and add in the above -sdxconfig= line, updating the path to reflect where your settings.ini is.

My biggest recommendation for you is to make a copy of your 7 Days To Die folder, and use that as a working folder. Be sure to re-validate your Steam files first though. If you continue to use your Steam folder for SDX mods, they could all be over-written if The Fun Pimps push out a new release.

Thanks for the Advice again, sorry to be a noob but determined to get this working! :adoration:

SDX can be a very frustrating thing to get started, however, what you can do with it is pretty amazing. I wish you luck, and look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

I'm also getting the "could not find exe" error after following the video tutorial. I have no idea where I went wrong...

Compiling the server target? If you're compiling "7 Days to Die" target you shouldn't have any problems, if you're compiling "7 Days to Die Server" target, you'll need to do some renaming to compile. This document is not perfect anymore, but maybe helps a bit.

Archived