SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

The install instructions has changed from last night... we don't need to rename folders or the .exe anymore?

Are the instructions for dedicated servers changing too? There is nothing about servers mentioned in there.

The information for dedicated servers was out of date. I don't deal with dedicated servers, so I removed it until I have time to go over it.

I have some troubles installing SDX. Even updated .net Framework to the latest version (4.6.2) just in case...

but still, it updates the Assembly-CSharp file, copies both SDX files and then SDX throws an unhandled exception error.

It complains that Mods.dll is missing. Haven't checked any mods while initial run (same result if Mods folder is empty)

Patched 107 resource hooks

Saving...

Done.

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate game code

Execute: D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\SDX_0.7.0/Targets\7DaysToDie\Deobfuscator\de4dot.exe "D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/EntryPatched.dll" --dont-rename -o "D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\SDX_0.7.0\Backups\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Deobf_Part1.dll"

EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod patcher scripts

No PatchScripts.

EVENT: Begin task: Copy payload dlls

Copy file: D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Core.dll to D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\7 Days To Die - A15.1/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Core.dll

Copy file: D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\SDX_0.7.0\SDX.Payload.dll to D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\7 Days To Die - A15.1/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed\SDX.Payload.dll

EVENT: Begin task: Compile mod scripts

No scripts.

EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei "D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\7 Days To Die - A15.1\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll" konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Dateiname: "D:\Development\7 Days To Die\SDX\7 Days To Die - A15.1\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll"

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

bei Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

bei SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

bei SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Thanks in advance for any clues!

Domonix, is there any particular reason that we need to specify -sdxconfg= to the exe? It seems that all instructions point to that the settings.ini file is in the same place each time.

Would it be possible to look in the default location, if no flag is specified?

Hi all, great to see this released!

On initial compile (without mods) I am sometimes receiving the following output error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'H:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'.
File name: 'H:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mods.dll'
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
  at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)
  at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)
  at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)
  at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Looks like the same issue as elitelex above?

I did that but sdx is ignoring the numbers I give them and assigning its own anyway. There used to be a setting in the config you could set true or false but I cant find it in sdx7.

That's odd, we've been assigning block ids (I did a small utility that looks for free ids in blocks.xml and autoassigns them to SDX config files), and assigned blocks stick through compilation...

@Grumbul: Welcome to the club :)

Haven't figured out yet, how to get this working. Tried the solution from Xtrememale as well, but didn't work for me.

But you said it only happens sometimes? For me it is every time :(

we talked about it in the sdx team group chat.....

Hal thinks he got an solution, try this please:

I think it happens when it's a fresh install of 7DTD and there's no mods in SDX. Because there's no Script files to compile the mods.dll file is never made so when SDX looks for it then it throws the error. Simplest solution is just to have at least one mod with a custom .cs file in it to force the creation of the mods.dll file

hope this helps

Is there any instructions for setting up a server?

That's odd, we've been assigning block ids (I did a small utility that looks for free ids in blocks.xml and autoassigns them to SDX config files), and assigned blocks stick through compilation...

I think they where working at the start now that I think about it, but somewhere along the line they stopped working. Both items and blocks are auto assigning.

we talked about it in the sdx team group chat.....

Hal thinks he got an solution, try this please:

I think it happens when it's a fresh install of 7DTD and there's no mods in SDX. Because there's no Script files to compile the mods.dll file is never made so when SDX looks for it then it throws the error. Simplest solution is just to have at least one mod with a custom .cs file in it to force the creation of the mods.dll file

hope this helps

got it working now.

Some more detailed feedback:

I had already tried putting Mods in the Mods folder. Because I had the suspicion that it required some. But I ran the initial run always without any Mods selected.

However, now that I did the initial run with SDX_Core (the one from v6) enabled, it worked. Gave me strangly enough the error message that was shown in your video (so it wasn't able to create Mods.dll). At least it didn't throw me an unhandled exception anymore.

And after that I was able to compile everything just fine (SDX_Core was not necessary anymore) and Mods.dll got created.

Thanks Pacco (+SDX Team)

Kinda Working. Also just want to say a big Thanky You to the

Also just want to say a big Thanky You to Dom & the SDX Team

I have managed to get this working sort of,

manually copying over the files and moving the sdx folder to my desktop i was able to resolve the message you are getting grum,

but when i attempt to bring in hals switch for example the "switchwrench" is added in game but the actual "switch" block is not, even though the relevant info has been added to blocks.xls

same if i try to use hals turret

is this error which happens towards an otherwise good injection anything to do with it?

EVENT: Begin task: Link modules

Saving to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.GetFileStream(String fileName, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(String fileName, WriterParameters parameters)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.LinkAndSaveTask.Execute()

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

at SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

at SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

Without any mods ticked when i build i receive the following error

ERROR: No assembly from BuildAndRunPatchModsTask??

Thanks for any help

I checked the security on

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

and changed the value for "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" and allowed it Full Access..

Archived