Bad Company

StompyNZ

I've got my 7 bandit leader archetypes done and have them working the way I like with a template done for the items, blocks, entities and loot so now I just need to add some variations and I can add them to spawning and publish the next version :) (probably tomorrow)

I'll probably just use the vanilla bandits for the minions for the next version as I need a break from making archetypes ;P They will all be ranged types and I'm not liking the animations for melee guys, and the leaders will be badass with rapid firing weapons and decent health, but the loot will be worth it if you survive :)

I'm thinking there might be a few rare roaming bandits as biome spawns, some sort of scout/patroler type. The rest will be either roaming hordes, or PoI spawns. Leaders will probably only be in PoI spawns so that you actually have to go looking for them :p

Not much point until they fix the type=zombies issue. when type is player the expressions dont show up in game.

Do either of you know how to get those expressions to actually show up in-game? For me they only work in the previewer. In-game they're not present. I've tested it on Zombie, Player and None.

Oddly enough this appears to be a bit... inconsistent. One of my female zombies retains her grinning personality (at least as a trader, for testing purposes) in all classes (None/Player/Zombie). However if I give her a gaping maw (screamo face) it doesn't seem to carry over. Just the grin.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong here?

Also Stomps turns out if you set them to "None" it will still generate the UMATexture. So I guess Player really is the only way. Shame.

StompyNZ - Would you kindly consider maintaining a version with just zombie variety in and another version with the rest etc. ?

For the moment I am lusting after the zombie variety only. ( prob change later on of course )

Thanks.

I can set it up in a way that allows you to comment out the bandit sections, and for the other additions I'm doing it should be possible to only include the 4 files currently in the mod.

Either way I'll create a branch for a zombies only addition on github for this, it just may not get all the latest updates right away :)

Do either of you know how to get those expressions to actually show up in-game? For me they only work in the previewer. In-game they're not present. I've tested it on Zombie, Player and None.

I'm not 100% sure what is making it not show up atm, I know it was working in b104 but I noticed it was not working on my tallman guy recently.

I'm not 100% sure what is making it not show up atm, I know it was working in b104 but I noticed it was not working on my tallman guy recently.

It also doesn't work for the default zombies, e.g. the cheerleader is supposed to have an open mouth. So it's probably a bug.

KILLKILLKILLKILL......DIEDIEDIEDIE....

Jason has arrived, ladies and germs:

Archetype:

http://pastebin.com/ZWMW4qhk

EntityClasses: (set as a bandit so he can wield a machete - thanks to StallionsDen for this)

http://pastebin.com/fKtcYdJ1

Lj9JxEs.png

JRCYcSH.jpg

Happy camping!

Looks cool!

Version 1.2.0 with a side order of bandits

Completely untested in a regular play through :p

Changelog:

Bandits added!

7 leaders all with AK47's increased health and some serious loot and Unique Archetypes

18 Thug Bandits, 9 male, 9 female, with bandit ranged weapons and custom loot tables

Admin Nailgun added (dev items)

Modular Armor Prototype added (not found in loot)

Optional:

RWGMixer added (leave out the rwgmixer file if you don't want to experience stompy's world v1.0)

RWG Previewer added to the XUi (leave out the 3 XUi files if using a custom XUi)

Bandits are found in MediumSpawn (many of the buildings of value such as tool shops) and roaming hordes on certain days. This is a first pass and adjustments and more specific spawning will be added in later versions. I have not included any prefab changes at this stage (hence the use of MediumSpawn) and the rwgmixer is purely optional (and could do with the prefab xml being adjusted for the full experince)

If you find the biome spawning is too heavy then change:

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForest"/>

<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestUMA"/>

to:

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestMixed"/>

and the same for the other biomes.

I have not added bandits to biome spawners, so if you want that simply find the entitygroups and add them there (I'd suggest picking and choosing from the "BanditsAll" group, and be very cautious about adding the leaders to biomes as they will destroy you without decent ranged weapons.

Let me know if you have any bugs as I have not done much testing but I need a break :p

Next steps:

Add unique weapons and armor items for leaders

Add more custom Thugs and some LT's

Add prefab xml changes for spawning and rwg AllowedBiomes and AllowedTownships

Biomes adjustments

Lastly, thanks to Valmar and Stallion for their efforts on UMA and bandits, and Guppy and Jay_ombie and anyone else playtesting for feedback :)

Only if you do the optional mixer.

Okay thanks.

*NEWS FLASH*

I think I found out what was causing the flashing textures I been getting.

I noticed Guppycur in his options ( he sent me ) had SSAO and DOF disabled in his game, these were always active in mine. I been trying out the game with both of these disabled, just to see any difference.

Low and behold no flashing issues in the HUB or anywhere else for a couple of days play. I had over 8 Zombies on me just and no visual anomalies at all. As soon as I enabled SSAO I instantly had every zombie that came into view had flashing textures !

So not 100%, but the texture/shadow issues for me seem to lie with SSAO. ( at this point in time testing wise anyways ). Now I have had this enabled in vanilla all the time and no flashing errors was seen, so again with SSAO enabled is it down to memory again ?, or is there something lurking down deep in the bowls of 7days code causing these texture errors ?

Interesting find, I've always had SSAO off so I guess that's why I never saw that issue :)

As Guppy mentioned you will only need to start a new save if you want to have the rwg changes. You can still install the new rwg mixer if you want as the save game stores the mixer so it wont change any existing saves and only new ones.

btw, I haven't play tested to see how deadly the bandits are, but I suspect they will kill you pretty quick. If they are too deadly you can reduce the rate of fire by adjusting this line in BanditTemplate and BanditLeader:

<property name="AITask-1" value="RangedAttackTarget2" param1="0" param2="5"/>

param2 controls the delay between shots, default is 20.

Uploading my play vids of day 1 & 2 with default settings.

Should be done in about 10-15 mins

I didnt have my headset on so no commentary :p I was getting nagged by my daughter so had to leave them off ;)

No bugs encountered, yet to meet the bandits tho as I spawned in Desert, moved to forest, then did a quick run into the wasteland for the trader quest on day 2.

Saw a good mix of zombies, including the Brute, Warlord and Ferals in the wasteland. You really wouldnt want to go there at night without some serious firepower ;)

At the end of day 2 I quickly throw down a 7x7 base to show how i defend myself if I dont have a PoI to jump on.

Day 3+ Bandits can show up in roaming hordes so that could get interesting.

Small issue with the roaming bandit hordes to fix. They spawn fine, but dont wander towards the player. I should be able to fix that in a little patch later today.

Edit:

Hmm, seems to be tied to the class setting, as such its not possible to have them hold a weapon and wander towards the player as a bandit :/

Day 5 I find a Bank in the Desert and make an assult on it with my awesome bow :p

All was going well due to a bad AI on the rocket launcher bandit that I lure away and gank, but then a sniper has me in her sights when I get a bit careless...

I might add a bit of explosion resistance to the leaders as a crappy grey RL is still fatal :)

(should be uploaded and processed in about 30 mins). This I think shows just how big of a change bandits can make to the game and it was really cool to see them wandering around the bank out in the desert. Quite satisfied with how this is working :) It's going to make getting those tools and books a lot more challenging and fun, but I might just have to ramp up the challenge in the cities to match since they don't get the PoI spawners.

Great work! Wish there was an easy way to add this to the Combo pack!

- - - Updated - - -

Version 1.2.0 with a side order of bandits

Completely untested in a regular play through :p

Changelog:

Bandits added!

7 leaders all with AK47's increased health and some serious loot and Unique Archetypes

18 Thug Bandits, 9 male, 9 female, with bandit ranged weapons and custom loot tables

Admin Nailgun added (dev items)

Modular Armor Prototype added (not found in loot)

Optional:

RWGMixer added (leave out the rwgmixer file if you don't want to experience stompy's world v1.0)

RWG Previewer added to the XUi (leave out the 3 XUi files if using a custom XUi)

Bandits are found in MediumSpawn (many of the buildings of value such as tool shops) and roaming hordes on certain days. This is a first pass and adjustments and more specific spawning will be added in later versions. I have not included any prefab changes at this stage (hence the use of MediumSpawn) and the rwgmixer is purely optional (and could do with the prefab xml being adjusted for the full experince)

If you find the biome spawning is too heavy then change:

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForest"/>

<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestUMA"/>

to:

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestMixed"/>

and the same for the other biomes.

I have not added bandits to biome spawners, so if you want that simply find the entitygroups and add them there (I'd suggest picking and choosing from the "BanditsAll" group, and be very cautious about adding the leaders to biomes as they will destroy you without decent ranged weapons.

Let me know if you have any bugs as I have not done much testing but I need a break :p

Next steps:

Add unique weapons and armor items for leaders

Add more custom Thugs and some LT's

Add prefab xml changes for spawning and rwg AllowedBiomes and AllowedTownships

Biomes adjustments

Lastly, thanks to Valmar and Stallion for their efforts on UMA and bandits, and Guppy and Jay_ombie and anyone else playtesting for feedback :)

Is the bad co mod include bandits?

Just go through the list of prefabs in the rwgmixer.xml of the combo pack, and include them into the rwgmixer.xml of the Bad Company pack. Copy/Paste, so you don't have typo's.

This way, you can better control where they spawn anyway.

It takes some time, but it's doable.

Great work! Wish there was an easy way to add this to the Combo pack!

Is the bad co mod include bandits?

Just use the compo mixer if you want. There's nothing specific in my mixer that is required for the bandits to work. In a later update I will be including some of the prefabs from compo, but not all, I'm not a fan of some of the prefabs. Kinda waiting on a fix for the client side prefabs issue for MP atm.

I will also have many of my own prefabs added, including reworked versions of some bandit strongholds I have created:

stompy_tower.jpg

stompy_base2.jpg

tower.jpg

a14-base10.jpg

For v1.2.0 any prefab with the Medium spawners attached will have bandits. They also appear as roaming hordes at times. I did not add them to biome spawners as I'm still considering balance and survivability factors. Biome spawners have no control over what day the appear on, and gun weilding bandits on day 1 is overpowered imo. I may add a small chance for lone bandits wandering the biomes in a later update.

Archived