Bad Company

StompyNZ

just doing some adjustments to the prefabs xml and then adding the compo stuff to the mixer. It will mean a requirement of installing the mod or using the launcher to get the prefabs if you use that part for MP.

Should be ready in about an hour

I'll do a second branch for those that dont want to use the mixer in a couple days.

Once the world is created I can make adjustments to the spawns without affecting the save for a few versions after that. There will probably be one more major world update after this one to add the rest of the strongholds as I finish them.

Took a bit longer than expected, but it got more love as a result.

Version 1.3.1 with a major RWG overhaul - Direct Download Link

You will need to start a new save for the full experience, and Clients will need to install the mod for MP server play. The latest version is always available in SphereII's Mod Launcher under the 7days2mod tab.

Changelog:

* Complete rebalancing of Bandit weapons, they are far more deadly now (greater range and accuracy, reduced headshot damage, changes ak47 and SMG crits to use bleeds)

* Bandit Leaders have been given a lot more health

* Bandit Faction archetypes have been added for Thugs.

* Bandit Sledge Added, he can smash those walls too, watch out!

* Bandit Ronin added as uncommon spawn in some biomes, and replace the red shirts at Medium Spawn PoI's

* Bandit Leaders roam the cities looking for recruits from the ronin (temporary fix until leaders are added to strongholds)

* All biome spawning now uses a single spawner with all regular and UMA zombies and ronin bandits all in the one group. Option to change back to regular + UMA zombies only for those that don't want Biome bandits with the commented code

* Unload option added to guns. (alt ammo type, hold R and select)

* All PoI's evaluated and XML's normalized, many added to spawns in non-vanilla locations (city,town,wilderness)

* 4 New Bandit Strongholds added. (_Compo_Chernobyl(Maz_Burt) and _BadCompany_StrongholdDragon [aka, GuppyCurs Oil Rig], +2 works in progress). Leaders and additional faction specific Thugs still to be added. Look towards to outer regions of the map (4 hubs n,s,e,w).

* 39 Selected Compo Pack prefabs added to cities, towns, rural and wilderness spawns, a few more will be added once issues have been resolved with them.

* Wartorn Diersville added, look to the south of the hub

* Layout_Feirston and Layout_Mortensen added, still need some work to correct some issues. Look to the north east and north west of the hub

* Admin Nailgun now has an option for the grassbomb, an admin version of the grassitron for prefab builders.

For those of you that find the Bandit spawns kills your fps for longer than you want at PoI's adjust the DelayBetweenSpawns in the MediumSpawn (spawning.xml) from 0 to 1:

<entityspawner name="SpawnMedium"><!-- BANDITS -->
   <day value="*">
     <property name="ResetToday" value="false"/>
     <property name="EntityGroupName" value="BanditsThugsRonin"/>
     <property name="Time" value="Any"/>
     <property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="[color="#FF0000"]1[/color]"/>
     <property name="TotalAlive" value="8"/>
     <property name="TotalPerWave" value="8"/>
     <property name="DaysToRespawnIfPlayerLeft" value="4"/>
     <property name="AttackPlayerAtOnce" value="false"/>
   </day>
 </entityspawner>

If you just want the UMA zombies and my rwg changes without the bandits, you can change the above spawner back to the vanilla one (commented out in code just before it) and change the biome spawners to use the non mixed group

e.g.

<!--
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForest"/>
   <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestUMA"/>
   -->
   <spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestMixed"/>

TO:
   <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForest"/>
   <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestUMA"/>
   <!--
   <spawn maxcount="3" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBurntForestMixed"/>
   -->

You will also need to adjust the _BadCompany_Stronghold### and _Compo_Chernobyl(Maz_Burt) prefabs xml to use a zombie spawner group.

Edit: v1.3.1 improves accuracy a bit more to 0.05, values I had previously tested as I wasn't happy with 0.1

Baited breath homie; baited breath. :) This works like I think it will and I'll be wiping to use it.

...I'll also reset my server. ;)

You have a server? Thought you were a lone wolf lol. Would love to play this with others(pvp in other words) cause dang its gettin good! If anyone runnin this on a server perhaps let me know(hint hint).

What would it take, to add the new update to existing XML's? And is it possible, to delete all the region files, except for one that has my base ? LOL Running Combo Pack as well

It all depends one what parts you are wanting to add.

The bandit items you can pretty much just replace the ones that are from the previous version. To add the new archetypes, entityclasses and spawning you can just copy those files if you havn't modified them. The blocks and loot files only add a few bits for bandit corpses so just add the new bits (I think just the sledgehammer guy is new since last version). The rwgmixer is still optional at this stage. You cant change the rwgmixer without making a new save as it stores the one you used to create the save in the save itself (or so I've heard, havent tested). The prefab xml for vanilla prefabs you could copy over the top of vanilla ones to get the changes, I havent tested if an existing save uses the new xml's though.

If you want my rwg stuff then you will need to use mine and not compo as they are not compatible. At best you could modify one or the other to include sections from the other, not a simple task if you are not familiar with the process.

v1.3.1 with accuracy changed from 0.1 to 0.05 on most bandit weapons.

This is the setting I had tested and after changing to .1 for v1.3.0 I'm not happy with the results. It could be MP/dedi related but they seemed to be very poor shots with .1

What do I have to search/replace and in what file? :)

Clipping along at a nice pace, Stompy. Awesome work!

I'm working on learning the editing procedures now to properly mix mods (are you okay with this?)

Also, do you expect to be tweaking more versions in the near future? If so...I'll wait on the integration :).

I've been playing it on Guppy's server so 1.3.1 was more a result of standing toe to toe with a bandit and only getting hit by 1 shot from a clip on the pistol.

I will say the Sledge Bandit is no joke. he almost one shot me, and he can smash blocks pretty quick too :)

I have a heap planned for this mod, so as time goes it's going to get harder to integrate with other mods, but if you are willing to put in the effort you are welcome to butcher my mod as much as you want ;) Thats part of why I put the comments in that are there, so you can find the bits you want a bit easier.

Until TFP fix the prefab issue on MP servers I might focus my attention on the storyline and quests for a bit over the next few days. The first 8 vanilla quests are rubbish, so they will be getting replaced with a few ideas I've been cooking up. Lets just say that you will have to work for your starter items :p

I also have some ideas for changes to the infection and would system that will probably make an appearance very soon

Also a big overhaul of the loot system. I don't like the fact that i can focus on killing, and get to max loot level within 3-4 game days, especially with bandits dropping guns all the time. By day 9 on Guppys server I had 4 purple guns, including an AK47, and a full set of purple bandit armor.

I'm thinking of doing loot type and quantity adjustments based on level rather than quality. That way you have a chance at decent quality randomly, but the amount of loot would increase as you level scavenging. There will still be some degree of leveled loot for quality, but a bit flatter than the sharp increase you get now at the breakpoints. Also a chance for things like rare tools after certain levels from more common zombies etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What do I have to search/replace and in what file? :)

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany/commit/9d6ca7ef36368de632c026ba284d4e02709532e8

just loot.xml, bandit weapons, accuracy setting in the attributes, or just grab the updated loot.xml and copy/replace the bandit weapons section

hmm, definitely something odd going on. Anyone else with this on a dedicated server having the bandits mostly miss you all the time?

In SP they are dead shots, but on Guppy's server I'm lucky if they hit me 1 shot in 20. Most of the time I can see the damage spray from the dirt in front of them...

hmm, definitely something odd going on. Anyone else with this on a dedicated server having the bandits mostly miss you all the time?

In SP they are dead shots, but on Guppy's server I'm lucky if they hit me 1 shot in 20. Most of the time I can see the damage spray from the dirt in front of them...

Hmmm what has guppy done lol :-P

I noticed the bandits being poor aimed, and im not even on your current build yet. Im on the one before it

Also a big overhaul of the loot system. I don't like the fact that i can focus on killing, and get to max loot level within 3-4 game days, especially with bandits dropping guns all the time. By day 9 on Guppys server I had 4 purple guns, including an AK47, and a full set of purple bandit armor.

I'm thinking of doing loot type and quantity adjustments based on level rather than quality. That way you have a chance at decent quality randomly, but the amount of loot would increase as you level scavenging. There will still be some degree of leveled loot for quality, but a bit flatter than the sharp increase you get now at the breakpoints. Also a chance for things like rare tools after certain levels from more common zombies etc.

I got rid of leveled loot alltogether. It's just gamey nonsense. I set up a quality table with a low chance for 1-100 and 500-600 and then a "normal distribution" with a propensity towards the lower qualities. Plays just nicely, even at higher levels looting is somewhat interesting, and with the combination feature of the workbench there is no problem with, for example, rare weapon parts.

This. I'm blueprinting a mod to include your zombies and bandits, and some of Valmars stuff.

Basically, 3-5x zombies...walking 24/7 . Massively increase horde amounts as well as blood moon night spawns. Headshots only for fatalities.

Bandits will have increased headshot chance and will have feral senses (ala IRL). Bandit hordes with raiding (low block damage except for rarer siege spawns). Wandering bandits with strongholds like yours.

I'm going to revamp bullets entirely to make them more difficult to craft while amping up bows and crossbows to make them infinitely useful. Full gun drops will be quite frequent...but at day 20 you're much more likely to have 30 bullets rather than 3500. I'd prefer to see people selecting between 30 different guns they have, while only having 30 bullets to spend through them.

Very high level tiered bullets will come into play so that high end loot is applicable.

Wood structures Will have integrity decreased largely...while higher tiered structures will be MUCH stronger but MUCH more difficult to build.

Construction zombies with tiered building material loot and deconstructing bandit strongholds will be the PRIMARY focus on higher end building to "survive".

Zombies will also have a large chance of causing fractures...which will limit the player speed to 1/2 or 1/3 until mended. If this is possible during the current state of modding the game.

Zombie animals will move at full speed and be quite vicious.

I'm aiming for extreme fear and survival for players to really feel as though they are accomplishing things throughout the game.

No more full tiered bases before your Day 14 horde and lack of needing to loot/explore to further yourself. Risk vs reward and much harder survival are the key.

Archived