Bad Company

StompyNZ

Version 1.1.1 uploaded to github.

Compatible with v1.1.0 savegames

Changes:

Added Valmod Archetypes and entities (a couple of tweaks on entities, but mostly as val posted)

Removed zombieStag from a couple of biome spawners, wasnt supposed to be in, it cant be damaged)

Added Valmod entities to spawning groups.

Added spawner groups ZombiesAllHardHeat and ZombiesRoamingMixed

Added zombies to the ZombiesNight group used by gamestages so steve wasnt so lonely (oopies :p )

Added ZombiesChickens group, an easter egg (get it? lolz), can't wait to see this one in action

Changed Dynamic and Roaming spawning to use new groups

Next on list:

Add variations on zombies for walktype etc

Review/Balance loot for new zombies.

Alter Gamestage groups to include more new zombies

Add some unique Bandits (wont be the same as Stallions Bandits, more likely zombie types with weapons)

Change prefab xmls to use custom groups that fit the building rather than generic SpawnSmall etc. (need to confirm if xml edits work in MP)

Future Plans:

Start on RWG and Biome Changes (wont be adding any compo pack prefabs until the MP bug is fixed)

Create custom hub layout towns

Overhaul quests system (hate the vanilla starter quests)

Overhaul skills

Extended Buffs system, including nutrition system, change health to act more like blood levels and a pain stat, zombies cause bleeds and pain rather than direct health damage. High pain gives negative effects with very high levels causing cardiac arrest.

Advanced crafting and resources (complex science based crafting)

Add Bandits when TFP support code better for it (and a complete storyline around them)

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes

Hi All,

Just wanted to post my own Bandit creations if your interested in having them in your game.

1st one is Goliath (Big 2 Meters and solid build) and the 2nd MadMax. I think you will see they both look like they come from MadMax2 ;) (I hope)

Goliath.png

MADMAX.png

Here is the code for both

Goliath & MadMax

Hope you enjoy ,, and thanks to StompyNZ for this post to make it possible.

Added to the gallery

Holy crap, she is awesome, I know exactly what I'm gonna do with her.

I haven't gotten a chance to play with the UMA appearances yet, but have been keeping an eye on this thread. Everything you're doing looks fantastic and gives me great hope for what I'll be able to do without having to introduce additional assests.

Not really looked at mods before, but was directed here and low and behold... I am seriously impressed.

Mod is in, ( had to have friend dropbox it through to me as just couldn't get it off site )

Amazing, !!!! just what I was yearning for... :)

Not really looked at mods before, but was directed here and low and behold... I am seriously impressed.

Mod is in, ( had to have friend dropbox it through to me as just couldn't get it off site )

Amazing, !!!! just what I was yearning for... :)

For the download, on github you can click the green 'clone or download' button and then select the Download ZIP option :)

This is the link it will take you to: https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany/archive/master.zip

- - - Updated - - -

hey what ever happened to the female lumberjack zombie? They had her way back in the alpha 12 and I believe 13 but I haven't seen that one for some time.

She was removed supposedly because it took up too much texture memory. I think with the UMA stuff they have given up on the minimum specs now :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to post my own Bandit creations if your interested in having them in your game.

Looking good :)

I probably wont add regular bandits just yet to the mod until the AI and animations have been worked on some more, but I might do a couple of special zombie enemies that hold weapons using the bandit code.

So... I melded the Bandit Mod and Bad Company Mod for my server, and I gotta say. Wow.

I'm uploading a Day 1 video now, but my thoughts:

Wow.

That is all. :)

But seriously, I saw very little frame drop, got a serious variety, and have NO clue why these aren't already implemented into the game.

The spawning is a lot tougher than vanilla; I found myself surrounded by zombies the second I spawned in, and I'm mostly using the Bad Company spawner, so whatever you did to it, the "safe timer" doesn't work well, but it does make for a more fun game. I suck at it, and I survived.

The loot is nicely balanced against it; I was amused to see a bike chasis in one of the bikers, and I've gotten a decent amount of starting food, which is good since I no longer have the first 3 or 4 days to scavenge.

The zombie toughness is hard for me to judge, because I am using easy difficulty settings... I was able to headshot all but the biker zombie (he took 2, sometimes 3) which is just fine by me.

Did NOT expect the runner, so she was a nice surprise when she charged at me.

The mod makes ALL the difference in playability, and it balances nicely against Stall's Bandit 2.0 mod, once I got them meshed properly.

All that Guppycur said...

In settings I use low spawning, and 30 sec memory timer and there are certainly more zombies spawning now compared to vanilla settings. Glory be the different types I am seeing are fabulous. Again like Guppycur said hard to judge difficulty but nothing seems out of balance as of yet. I did add this mod into a ongoing game though, so I am hitting into the level 20's with certain perks.

Its great to see soldiers and general every day types now in the city hub, like you would I suspect anyways from the word go.

Could never go back to playing this game now without this mod, what have you done !!!!.. :)

For the download, on github you can click the green 'clone or download' button and then select the Download ZIP option :)

It should be noted that github doesn't work when you have noscript installed. You simply won't be able to download, although it will look like things are supposed to work.

It should be noted that github doesn't work when you have noscript installed. You simply won't be able to download, although it will look like things are supposed to work.

ah right :) Does the direct link to the zip still work though?

So... I melded the Bandit Mod and Bad Company Mod for my server, and I gotta say. Wow.

I'm uploading a Day 1 video now, but my thoughts:

Wow.

That is all. :)

But seriously, I saw very little frame drop, got a serious variety, and have NO clue why these aren't already implemented into the game.

The spawning is a lot tougher than vanilla; I found myself surrounded by zombies the second I spawned in, and I'm mostly using the Bad Company spawner, so whatever you did to it, the "safe timer" doesn't work well, but it does make for a more fun game. I suck at it, and I survived.

The loot is nicely balanced against it; I was amused to see a bike chasis in one of the bikers, and I've gotten a decent amount of starting food, which is good since I no longer have the first 3 or 4 days to scavenge.

The zombie toughness is hard for me to judge, because I am using easy difficulty settings... I was able to headshot all but the biker zombie (he took 2, sometimes 3) which is just fine by me.

Did NOT expect the runner, so she was a nice surprise when she charged at me.

The mod makes ALL the difference in playability, and it balances nicely against Stall's Bandit 2.0 mod, once I got them meshed properly.

Yeah there will be approx 4 times the number of biome zombies than vanilla, so for newer players theres no harm in setting the spawning to 25% (or whatever the lowest is). I have tweaked the numbers a little downwards for the next version on the regular zombies and set the uma's biome spawns to refresh on the same 3 day delay as regulars. One thing I always found bad with vanilla was the lack of zombies at times :)

If you liked the runner you will love the Tallman screamer :p Btw theres two breakpoints in screamers, day 27 and 49 I think, where in addition to the normal 1 screamer there are a chance for screamer dogs and tallman and zbears.

I need to test it but assuming roaming hordes are working day 13 should be interesting :)

For the health of zombies I think its just the swat, soldiers, biker, warlord and cur that are a bit tougher. You shouldnt see most of those outside of the wasteland or very rarely in PoI spawners.

Okay,... reporting in SIR...

Hub City, starting to creak under the strain, haha. From normal 60fps to 30fps but I know it is going to hit there anyways as the game struggled before I installed the mod.

Also first quirky zombie seen.

20161018213617_1.jpg

20161018213618_1.jpg

20161018213715_1.jpg

The zombie flashed from white to black. Then would flicker on the floor once killed.

Okay,... reporting in SIR...

Hub City, starting to creak under the strain, haha. From normal 60fps to 30fps but I know it is going to hit there anyways as the game struggled before I installed the mod.

Also first quirky zombie seen.

20161018213617_1.jpg

20161018213618_1.jpg

20161018213715_1.jpg

The zombie flashed from white to black. Then would flicker on the floor once killed.

sounds like you are running out of ram for textures. What have you got the UMA textures set to in video options? If on the highest setting I eventually get similar results but on half (one step down from max) it runs for hours with no issues.

The main diff between this and the type=zombies is that once a model is gone (turned to corpse block etc) it seems to unload it from memory. The zombie setting it was just constantly creating new textures in memory until you crashed :)

StompyNZ

I have a 980ti with 6gb... System ram 8gb.

I do have the options on Ultra or High.

The game by the way didn't crash, but of course I will try your advice. Thanks.

I have a much lower end gpu, but 16gb ram. I have seen the game run at over 12gb ram used (shortly before crashing) so it is a real memory hog on ultra settings.

These days I tend to run with medium settings and most importantly textures at half for regular and UMA.

If you see it happen again you can check your ram usage by alt-tabbing and then hitting ctrl-shift-esc and open task manager.

One other thing of note, if you change your uma texture settings (or even just hit apply on vid settings) any already spawned UMA's lose their textures and become silver surfers or invisible shimmers :)

Version 1.1.2 on github - zip download link

Changelog:

Expanded Cur's head size

Added ZombieOfficeGirl, ZombieBaby, ZombieMord archetypes

Added ZombieOfficeGirl, ZombieBaby, ZombieBabyCrawler, ZombieMord entities

Shrunk Valmod Children to -1 height

Fixed Zombie Animals, zombieDeer is now enabled in spawning and killable (yikes!) and tested/fixed zombieChicken Horde (uh oh)

Reduced speed of zdeer, zpig, zrabbit, zchicken... dog default 1.6 was kinda fast :p

Reduced non UMA spawning in biomes from 2 to 1 in non wasteland biomes, and set delay from 4 days to 3

Compatible with previous saves

I also have a 980ti with 6gb and 8gb ram, haven't seen this texture issue yet though. BUT, I'm only just now getting into a town, so I suspect I'll start having some real issues. I've already seen drops to 3fps when they're spawning in, but that mostly more or less happens in vanilla, too.

@1.1.2: Damn you! Now I gotta update. :)

(Harder than it sounds since I melded this with the Bandit mod).

I tested this and didnt see any spawns near me for a while after starting.

It's probable that you spawned next to a PoI as they dont obey the safe zone even with vanilla settings. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@1.1.2: Damn you! Now I gotta update. :)

(Harder than it sounds since I melded this with the Bandit mod).

I guess I could look at doing a version with some of the bandit stuff added in, but was hoping to hold off for a while ;) If I get time and motivation tonight ill have a look at it.

There's just one major thing I'm still trying to work out for spawning but not having any luck.

Based on this in the gamestages file:

Game stage spawning: All game stage spawning starts with a "Spawner" which is a named object referenced in the code

or other data (like POIs). The spawner itself contains all of the gamestage information for that particular spawner.

Examples: BloodMoonHorde spawner, or a large POI spawn, or a POI spawn that contains football players.

Was hoping to have them set up for PoI spawners to use gamestages, but haven't worked out the code to do it yet.

Archived