Bad Company

StompyNZ

For some reason I can't spawn the bandit when I try using f6, zombies no problem. I got for error; object reference not set to an instance of an object.

In my log;

2018-07-17T11:53:56 52.064 INF Executing command 'dm'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at FactionManager.GetFactionByName (System.String _name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityNPC.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (.EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Int32 _id, .ItemValue _itemValue, Int32 _count, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _transformRot, Single _lifetime, Int32 _playerId, System.String _skinName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Int32 _id, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _rotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _rotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_SpawnMenu.BBG (Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_SpawnMenu+QE.WZ (.XUiController , .OnPressEventArgs ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) XUiEvent_OnPressEventHandler:invoke_void__this___XUiController_OnPressEventArgs (XUiController,OnPressEventArgs)

at XUiController.OnPressed (.OnPressEventArgs _e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Pressed (Int32 mouseButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiView.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)

UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

UICamera:ProcessMouse()

UICamera:ProcessTouches()

UICamera:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-07-17T11:54:06 62.536 INF Time: 0.78m FPS: 57.61 Heap: 720.8MB Max: 720.8MB Chunks: 361 CGO: 261 Ply: 1 Zom: 12 Ent: 13 (14) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3228.0MB

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at UpdateLight.UpdateLighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UpdateLightOnAllMaterials.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-07-17T11:54:10 65.765 INF Disconnect

Hope you can help with that.

@StompyNZ trying to send you a message but your in-box is full lol, 2 previous problems are fixed but now this one is more important. When bandits come to the trader error message Spam the chat, object not found......

Could you help with that. I tried disabling the trader protection, its working but not an option to consider for me. I know lots servers has them without problem trader are protected and bandit don't bug anything but nobody is giving the information what they did.

I really love them and I wish to be able to use them.

Thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...

Such an awesome mod, thanks so much!!!

I had integrated Valmar's and Guppy's zombies recently, but when I saw this, which also included theirs, I started to wonder if I should start over. ;)

Was a bit intimidated by the large amount of new zeds and bandits, was afraid to try integrating in my own custom stuff. But it was so damn easy. Your files are clean, with ids that start at large numbers, so I had no conflicts at all.

The bandits are so awesome. I'm still tweaking the values to not have too many of them, but it adds so much, wow!!!

Would be great to have a more complete example of how you typically spawn the bandits in the biomes and how you separate your entity groups. There's so many that I'm not sure on the best way to go at it. If your spawning file already had them, I would have tried that as is, and just make changes as needed... ;)

Would also be cool to have melee thugs from the different styles (dragon, dread, etc...)

Keep up the good work, this is amazing!

Oh, I almost forgot. When I first launched the merged code, there was one tiny conflict. The lootgroup weaponsAK47+ammo already exists in vanilla, it was spitting errors in the console and wouldn't load entities properly because you have a duplicate in your section with exactly the same values. Might be good to remove it from your main for people who are merging in existing code and are not used to debugging.

So I made a version where I added a survivor faction and I put all the different types of bandits in different factions (War, Dread, Dragon, etc...). The survivors are friendly and don't attack you unless you attack them. They attack the bandits and vice-versa.

Bandits of different factions fight each other, but bandits of the same faction also fight each other, not sure why. Survivors don't do that with each other.

All bandits inheritance is from the same original templates that were in the code, so they are all of class EntityBandit. I only changed the Faction and the NPCID for each different type of bandit. I thought that would do it, but it doesn't seem enough. Can we create new classes?

Like EntityBanditWar, EntityBanditDread, etc...? Or maybe I'm missing another detail somewhere...

The survivors are of class EntitySurvivor.

I made new templates for them to be able to tweak the AI, so that IsEnemyEntity is false, and in the AI tasks they don't attack EntityPlayer and EntitySurvivor.

Bandits AI does attack EntityPlayer, EntitySurvivor, and EntityBandit.

And I adjusted the npc.xml file to have all the new factions along with the appropriate relationship lines.

I also tried Nanashi's A16 Survivors and bandits mode, but it seems totally broken, and the code uses the default AIs (Human Basic, Human Melee, etc...), so I could not get many clues from it.

Any help or hints is appreciated, thanks!

I'm also testing with the utilityai file instead of the ai tasks, because there is a line in there about factions: TargetFactionStanding.

But when using this ai, ranged entities don't shoot anymore.

Does anyone have a list of all the ui calls we can write in entityclasses templates, or in utilityai?

The faction system isn't fully integrated; you won't be able to do what you're looking for, unfortunately. You can fake it a bit... check out the medieval mod, stompy managed to get MOST of those entities working correctly, and it may give you a better feel for utlityai vs the old targetai system.

Check xml.txt in the configs folder, I think Gazz documented what you're looking for.

Classes are actual code, so you'd need to access the code and inject changes to edit those.

Thanks Guppy, this is helpful!

The xml.txt doesn't seem to contain a lot, I had hope when I saw the value EntityEnemy that can be used in AItasks, they don't fight each other anymore but they also don't fight other factions.

I'm checking the Medieval Mod, this thing is huge, and seems really amazing, I'll definitely try the mod!

Seems like stompy injected a bunch of new classes in there for AITasks, must be why it works. I'm not sure I want to start digging into injection, at least not yet. ;)

Unless he's doing something special I don't know about, he doesn't seem to be using his new utilityai packages in entityclasses, they are not referred anywhere, and there is a bunch of AITasks and AITargets directly on the different entity templates.

If it's not possible to have multiple functional factions without injection, I may simply use haft of the bandits as bandits, and the other haft as survivors, much simpler, and the result ingame, will be very similar to what I'm looking for. It will still look like multiple factions fighting each other, there will just be some of them that are allies. ;)

Anyways I was using some of the zeds as survivors, the ones that looked the most human in the gallery (from zombieAiden to ZombieRekt). In the gallery, they look like they have normal eyes, but in game they have zombie eyes. So it will look better with some of the bandits as survivors, and they will be easier to differentiate.

Thanks again!

I started to make my own UMAs sooner than I thought, and thanks to you guys, the learning curve wasn't too bad!

I made warm and cold weather versions.

The forum seems to resize the images, not sure how to upload bigger ones.

banditsColdWeather.jpg.8d6ec42fcbc98d50ce35190633547b2f.jpg

survivorsWarmWeather.jpg.cef73ffc315e6706a94bee2f10c7ad90.jpg

survivorsColdWeather.jpg.965c4a84333da48a8c7292d0fc08e809.jpg

banditsWarmWeather.jpg.83f9df7d28b30aae69d70fafc3b6b137.jpg

Also, is there a way to not have all our xml comments destroyed when we save from the editing tool?

Oh, and I almost forgot, do you guys know if assigning clothes to characters with ItemsOnEnterGame will have them wear those clothes when they spawn? Or if there is a way to do that. It would avoid making versions for different weathers...

• 1 year later...

Sorry if this is a necropost...

But, has anyone tried getting the UMA zombies to work in A18?

I did some preliminary testing, and (unlike bandits or friendly NPCs) it seems like it should be possible.

If anyone did - can you post a link to the mod(let) that has them? (I tried searching these forums, and found nothing - so if it's been done, I guess it's in a total overhaul that I haven't tried yet.)

If anyone tried and didn't succeed - could you reply to say why?

If nobody even tried - do I have permission to try it myself, and distribute it as a modlet if I get them to work?

Forum Post for Khelldon's Modlets

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99776-Khelldon-s-Modlets/page12&highlight=Khelldon+Company+Zombies

GitHub Link for Khelldon's Modlets

https://github.com/Khelldon/7d2dModlets

They work, I use them in A18

Khelldon-BadCompanyUMAZeds

Thanks. I don't know why he removed all of his modlets from that thread though. Did the folks behind the BadCo zombies have an issue with it or anything?

...In any case, just starting with that mod will save me a lot of work, assuming it's OK to use it. Thanks!

Thanks. I don't know why he removed all of his modlets from that thread though. Did the folks behind the BadCo zombies have an issue with it or anything?

...In any case, just starting with that mod will save me a lot of work, assuming it's OK to use it. Thanks!

The UMA Zombies are just XML edits, their are no additional assets used for Khelldon's modlet. I would look for usage though and credit of course.

For Darkness falls i modify most of Khelldon's modlet and incorporate them in the game, For Ravenhearst something similar are already used and modified.

Khelldon-BadCompanyUMAZeds dont need modified and will load fine on top of the mods above and Vanilla Alpha 18 because they are only XML edits.

Look forward to seeing something new with them from you. Im tired of killing the same old zeds!

I would look for usage though and credit of course.

That's the main issue. The BadCo zombies weren't just written by one person, and some of the authors don't seem to be active on the forum any more.

Kheldon just credited Bad Company, and I'm not criticizing, but I would like to confirm with the authors themselves if possible. (I could use them just fine according to the forum's TOS, but I'd like to go above and beyond if I can.)

In the meantime I'm working on just making zombie versions of the existing vanilla archetypes, since I know those won't have any issues.

If/when I finish them to my satisfaction, I'll release them when I publicize the rest of my silly little modlets. I already have a repo set up so it shouldn't be too long now, I just need to get all my ducks in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I'm new to this server and have question regarding BCManager. Getting error that *** ERROR: unknown command 'bc-time'

Understood that I need to install it. Using Github I see that version of this BCManager is 16.

My server version Game version: Alpha 18.2 (b5) Compatibility Version: Alpha 18.2

Downloaded manager have some files which should be placed in "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data\Config" folder but they are much smaller than I have there.

Something is wrong here as I understand.

Should I replace them, or should I find BCM for server version 18.2?

Archived