Bad Company

StompyNZ

Inspired by an entity Valmar had in his mod at one stage. Was thinking of making him like the feral, always run but low health.

How did you manage to get him to have this facial expression? What is his name in the archetype for reference? I messed around with expressions but they only appeared to work within the profile preview and didn't seem to actually carry over to the model in-game. Am I missing something?

Also, here is my contribution! Will have to use multiple posts due to a image limit of 6.

Archetypes:

http://pastebin.com/chj0dyAC

entityclasses (really bare-bones):

http://pastebin.com/kvXFSP2e

ZombieBrute - This guy is huge. I placed him beside Madmole as a size comparison. I recommend you set his walk type to be that of the spider, because otherwise he will clip through doorways due to his height.

XJATn7L.png

Zombie Kids! ZombieChildMale and ZombieChildFemale. Placed them beside Madmole for a size comparison.

i5vlttn.png

ZombieCharred

rhh4ulx.png

ZombieBigBitch

4HLw0ll.png

ZombieClarice

4iEkBM4.png

ZombieVoodooFemale

UV8o9cq.png

ZombieVoodooMale

hvHZ6Og.png

ZombieNerd

BoKrumc.png

ZombieRavager

RLAgbIg.png

ZombieJane

Zo1GcvW.png

ZombieKenny

M6xoUA5.png

ZombieLumberjack

SyxqAAS.png

ZombieInmate

gjfzvjm.png

ZombieInmateBlack

Vfie2ws.png

ZombieDan

cEVewkY.png

ZombieRaveReaper

EEWMHZH.png

ZombieSurvivorFemale

vdKDvZF.png

ZombieSurvivorMale

JtP2WAk.png

How did you manage to get him to have this facial expression? What is his name in the archetype for reference? I messed around with expressions but they only appeared to work within the profile preview and didn't seem to actually carry over to the model in-game. Am I missing something?

Nice zombies :)

And just as I was close to having my spawning redone, ill have to work on adding these in :)

For the expressions I'm not entirely sure they are working atm. My recent test the Tallman (hes the tall dark skinned guy) didnt have the open mouth, and the skin coloring didnt seem consistent on some of them even though they had the same settings.

Have been busy with Job apps/interviews the last few days so havent done a lot of testing recently.

Quick tip incase some do not know:

You can set the archetype from Zombie to Player and then they will show up in the character profile selection. You could even play as a zombie this way if you wanted. This serves as a fast way to quickly preview your archetypes without loading up a world and spawning them in.

Or, you know, the archetype viewer Herrpohl unlocked above. :)

Made a gallery of UMA's with Vals included as well.

http://7days2mod.com/ZombieUMA/gallery.html

I will make a github repo with each archetype in a seperate file for people that want to be able to pick and choose which archetypes they want to use.

Almost finished with the spawning and entity group overhaul, and will do some play testing tonight to see if the performance is any better.

Is this for your mod? or does this work with vanilla? I tried putting the 3 files over the vanilla ones and I just get errors in the console which stops loading the game.

edit: ok I'm stupid, changed branches to Vanilla. But even moving those over give the same errors.

Is this for your mod? or does this work with vanilla? I tried putting the 3 files over the vanilla ones and I just get errors in the console which stops loading the game.

You have to add them to your game filed lol. Select which ones you want and put them in the respective xmls or use em all

edit: ok I'm stupid, changed branches to Vanilla. But even moving those over give the same errors.

which files are you using? If its the ones in vals post they are not complete game files. If you can't get it to run post a couple of the errors or pastebin your output log so I can see whats going wrong.

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompany

This is the complete files direct from my game folder, and should run without errors. I will be updating tonight with the next version which should run a bit better, but will probably still have some issues with memory usage until TFP fix some issues with how UMAs work.

Use the master branch for the modded files, the Vanilla branch is only for a reference so I can do a file compare between branches and see which bits have changed. Compare on github. Not overly relevant atm since it's mostly just straight additions, but in future versions there will be a lot of changes across multiple files.

I first used the master branch, but i just copied the xml over the vanilla version on my PC. It didn't work.

As Stallionsden said I have to pick out which ones I want to use. That's a bit much for me to do (not sure what or where to start copying any of it and where it is suppose to go). Any chance you can slip a version of the xml files finished up there so we just copy over the existing ones? ;)

I first used the master branch, but i just copied the xml over the vanilla version on my PC. It didn't work.

As Stallionsden said I have to pick out which ones I want to use. That's a bit much for me to do (not sure what or where to start copying any of it and where it is suppose to go). Any chance you can slip a version of the xml files finished up there so we just copy over the existing ones? ;)

The files I linked on github are the full files, you should be able to copy them directly over the vanilla files.

What errors are you getting?

One thing to note, you will probably get a long (1-2 minutes) of extreme FPS lag in the main menu the first time you load the game up as it creates the uma textures in the Data/UMATextures folder for all the new archetypes that are set to type="Zombie"

In my current version it creates 105 images taking 1.11 GB. Sometimes it crashes as even with 16gb it runs up to over 90% ram uage, if that happens you can just quit and try again until it gets them all created. Despite any in game settings it creates the full resolution images.

There is something not right in TFP's code as it should not require such a huge amount of ram, but until they fix it there's not a lot I can do except maybe change them all to type=player instead and then it will create the textures dynamically and use the in game UMA textures settings.

So apparently I just need more sleep at night. I was only grabbing the xml files. This time I downloaded the zip and it brought your git attribute files. and it seems to be working, no error this time anyway.

/hangs his head in shame ;)

Hmm thats odd, the .git files are not needed at all, they are just an info file for the git system and not used by 7d2d. If you were copy and pasting the files from the file view its possible something wasnt copying correctly.

Glad you got it working.

The new version I'm working on splits the UMA's up into different biomes and PoI's instead of being par tof the all group, so it might help a bit with the memory usage too.

Ok, I've found a solution to the memory problem. Simply set all the archetypes to type="Player" and render them on the fly rather than using the baked textures and it doesnt use any memory.

I spawned a little over 200 UMA zombies in these pics, and while my fps was low, it wasnt the completely unplayable out of RAM fps lag you got, and my RAM usage went from 53% to 55% after spawning this lot in.

After killing them al my fps returned to normal as well.

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_16-51-06.jpg

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_16-51-14.jpg

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_16-51-53.jpg

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_16-52-51.jpg

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_16-53-15.jpg

Version 1.1.0 uploaded to github.

I played through an entire day and most of a night without any major issues (a few micropauses, but i get that in vanilla when in SP). Running a vid recording (OBS) at the same time and 150% spawns with UMA Textures on max. I did crash but then I was well over the normal settings I would play with and during the day it was running perfectly before I started the recording (wasteland_hub at night with delay=0 respawns on 150% and blowing crap up with rocket launcher so high mem usage is to be expected)

I lost my video but will try and recover it if possible. I was aiming well for once ;p

The spawning and entityclasses still need a lot of work, but this is very playable for me now so would be interested in feedback on performance from others.

Just booted up the game I crashed in and took a vid, set textures to Medium this time and with a couple dozen zombies chasing me never went above 60% RAM used. Video isnt the best quality but game was working fairly smoothly.

Alpha_15_2016-10-17_22-23-47.jpg

[video=youtube_share;l4MAnjYapcc]

Archived