Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Deleting then Re-Installing the Mod fixed the issue.

1 hour ago, Demigog said:

Updated to 20. 4 and game the mod still hangs up

Both Mod and Vanilla are updated to current 20.4 b42 with UL 2.5.76 . Mod loader still says  still says "Undead Legacy Alpha 20.3"    , not sure if that is the problem or related to it , or if the that just has not been changed to reflect the update .

I tried updating it a few times , but it remains the same

image.thumb.png.54a1de0cee1af90f8d36c886a3f7e633.png

Deleting , Then Re-Installing the Mod fixed the issue

I did a completely fresh install of the base game and UL (experimental).  The game window shows

Alpha 20.4 (b42)  UL 2.5.76

It keeps saying it cannot connect to Steam.  I have Steam running.  I can launch the base game through Steam no problem.

Any idea?

Never mind:  It's Spherii's new mod launcher.  If I launch the binary from the UL directory, it runs fine.  :)

Edited by Throvolos (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Bhaaltazar said:

Manual DL doesn't work from the mirrors provided? It stops at approx. 698,940MB ?

Spherii's latest mod launcher WILL correctly download and update the mod.

You just have to launch it using UL's executable.

Hello, first excuse my poor English, in my opinion this is the best modification of the game, thanks for your great work, I only find something that I would like to be in the game and that is that you have to make the weapons yourself , in the game I don't have the need to make them because just by looting you end up finding good weapons, it's a mechanic that in my opinion is wasted, is there any way to change that? For me it would be great if you have to make yourself weapons, from a simple ax to the most powerful weapon, would be more satisfying and rewarding, please don't stop working on this modification, I love it.

Hello everyone !

First of all ! Thank you for this wonderful mod! It is expetional work!

I allow myself to write to you because we play in coop, and there are 2 resources that we have a lot of trouble finding:

- The fat
- Simple motors (the one useful for the concrete mixer or the drill for example)

Could you help me?

Sorry for my bad english (I'm french), i don't speak english very well ;/

Edited by spouner (see edit history)

2 hours ago, spouner said:

Hello everyone !

First of all ! Thank you for this wonderful mod! It is expetional work!

I allow myself to write to you because we play in coop, and there are 2 resources that we have a lot of trouble finding:

- The fat
- Simple motors (the one useful for the concrete mixer or the drill for example)

Could you help me?

Sorry for my bad english (I'm french), i don't speak english very well ;/

1) To get fat you'll have to go hunt animals, specializing in animal harvesting might help.

2) To get Compact Engines you have to wrench cement mixers, table saws or repairable minibikes, loot cars, pass n gas crates etc, check traders often if they sell them (more ways to get them will be added later, but at the moment that's it)

12 minutes ago, Subquake said:

New feature coming with next experimental update:

Hello Subqake!

Thanks again for your great work. Your mod is the best. 

But now I'm not sure, if I like this improvement. I consider this mod being more for hardcore players, who like it hard and grindy. This sounds too "arcade" to me. Let's see. 

Keep up the good work!

P

5 minutes ago, Jandersk said:

Hello Subqake!

Thanks again for your great work. Your mod is the best. 

But now I'm not sure, if I like this improvement. I consider this mod being more for hardcore players, who like it hard and grindy. This sounds too "arcade" to me. Let's see. 

Keep up the good work!

P

Let me get this straight, you think you know better than me, the creator of the mod, in how the mod should be, I'm sorry, but what? 😄

Don't like the feature, don't use it if you consider yourself so hard core, it's a toggle for each storage container.

26 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Let me get this straight, you think you know better than me, the creator of the mod, in how the mod should be, I'm sorry, but what? 😄

Don't like the feature, don't use it if you consider yourself so hard core, it's a toggle for each storage container.

I have just expressed my opinion and feelings about this change. I thought this is what this forum is about. Not only praising you. I don't know what is your plan with the mod. It's your mod, do what you want. I'll play it untill I will like it.

I'm kinda disapointed by your answer.

Good luck with the mod. 

As someone i restart this overhaul now i want give some feedback.

- Damn i missed a feature now. Since i allways play with no loot respawn, i destroy all these container i found underway, so i don't run to these again and try to loot them. Same for birdnests. I destroyed them overall and got additional feather and grass. All fine (i thought).

But not i notice they refill themself (basicly logical since bird's like to use allready made nests) since i couldn't destroy the birdnest's around traders and they was untouched the other day.

Very nice idea, good we can't pickup them like other container and create own egg farms at this way 🙂

- You should maybe think about to expand the beginner quests.

After you visit the trader you should

- gather cardboard box

- gather maintaince

- gather research table

- and all the other table you need to research for tier 1.

That quest(line) don't need to give XP or special reward, it is just a guideline for new player what they should do at the beginning.

At example i didn't got the maintance table on the radar for a long time. I allready wanted to mention how stupid it is that a simple boneknife or scap/iron stuff need repair kit's to repair which need steel plating to made, which need higher tier furnace...

I used boneknifes and never repaired them, since i got alot bones and didn't wanted to waste the rare repair kit's on them.

- The lockpick system, i know it isn't from you, but maybe you can take a look.

Even when a lock is "very easy" it is still very annoying. The range the lockpick work is allways very small.

I think the "very easy" just reflect the skill requirement and don't change the difficult to open the lock.

Skill and perk's just increase the durability but not the field the lockpick would work.

You need to try any 1-2 milimeter at each side, so you don't miss the spot and ofcouse the lockpick loose durability each try.

When you use the mouse to position the lockpick (i keep pressing LMB) you autoswing on a succesful hit. Maybe this could be surpressed to.

And btw. i like these coming new feature, that workbenches autotake stuff from the nearby container. Then it finaly made sensce that storages need circuit boards ! 🙂

@Canute Regarding lockpicking, that's incorrect.

The sweet spot does get bigger if your skill level is above the locks level, the higher the difference between your skill level and the lock - the bigger the sweet spot will be. The difficulty rating is not how easy it is for you, but the difficulty level of the lock represented in text form. If you just started out the game and have zero skills in lockpicking, then even a Very Easy lock will be hard, because you're not specialized in this field.