Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Note: As I was writing this my brother figured out that it looks like we needed the new mod uploader.

I will post this anyway in case it is relevant. Keep up the great work your doing.

I DO have a question unrelated to the error , how hard would it to be to add new textures for building , I really could not find anything on it. The amount of textures they have is pretty slim for variety

===========================================================================

Hi , love your mod , but I recently ran into a problem while building some massive POI's.

I am not sure where to post this , your discord page is empty , and this forum seems active

I have been working on a modular city system with streets and freeways as well as new POI's

3 airports a 15 story Skyscraper  and a used car lot so far.

Up until a recent patch by you , I believe , it has worked fine.

My brother tried playing just the mod about 1 to 2 weeks ago, he doesn't do prefabs or anything and he got the same error as I got today ,  once he had synced the mod , so after that happened to him , I did not sync the mod so I didn't get the error until today when I did sync it , I could not tell you which update it was that did it , but I believe it  was in the last 3-6 updates that this happened

The mod no longer loads and displays the following errors.

WRN {Undead Legacy] [ULM] Could not preload texture #@modfolder(UndeadLegacy_CoreModule):Resources/Subquake_UserInterface.ulm?Subquake_WTL

Err[XUI] Error while uploading window group 'MainMenu:

Exc texture has not yet finished downloading

Err Unable to read header from archive file: C:/7D2D/Alpha20/Undead_Legacy/Undead_Legacy_Stable/7DaysToDie_Data../DataBundles..//Mods/UndeadLegacy/Resources/Subquake_Sounds.ulm

Err Failed to read AssetBundle 'Subquake_Sounds.ulm'.

Err Loading AssetBundle "C:7D2D/Alpha20/Undead_Legacy/Undead_Legacy_Stabloe/7DaysToDie_Data/../DataBundles/../Mods/UndeadLegacy/Resources/Subquake_Sounds.ulm"failed!

Wrn [Undead Legacy] Could not load audio file: #../../Mods/UndeadLegacy/Resources/Subquake_Sounds.ulm?MenuMain

@DemigogOn my discord channel read what's written in Welcome channel and follow the instructions. As to your error, that's the 2.X mod launcher problem, it doesn't download/update assets properly, you have to use either the new 3.X mod launcher or install the mod manually.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Its updating already as I am writing this.

Let me know if you are interested in a POI builder , as I mentioned I am making a modular street system  , street with sewers and freeway system , plus as many POI's that I can build. 

I have a 3 part , 3 POI Airport I am working on that has airplanes , crashed and not . and underground bases.

the airports are about 130 blocks by 140. I made the streets , street with sewers and freeways 10x 14 , so buildings would be 10x10 , 20x20 , 30x30 , 40x40 , 50x50 , 60x60 wide etc.  to fit the streets and such

A 15 story Skyscraper with a plane crashed into it.

I used to make models for the D20 Neverwinter Nights Mods I think around 2005, and I am adapting the modular  way they built their roads and such in 7 days to die.

I do not do modeling anymore . but I am like I said building POI's , something you maybe interested in , I am not sure. I went by the same name Demigog when I was creating Nwn Modern stuff.

Here are some pics of the stuff I was working on in Nwn , I dont have any screenshots of the things I'm working on atm , but I can get some.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/d20-modern/images/city-tileset-test

Edited by Demigog (see edit history)

Hey Subquake , Hope Things are going smoothly for you.

This is the best mod out there in my opinion , and I cannot wait to see it grow.

I know your super busy already , but I thought  I would throw out some ideas for you should it inspire you  to do it ,

if you have time or if they are possible at all , I believe most are.

Here they are

Gold and Silver Ore for Mines
Precious Gems Ore for Mines

=============================================================

If Possible at all New Variant Waters/Liquids Blocks
Change the opacity to make it less clear and change the colors

Neon Green for Chemical Waste
Brown for Muddy Water
Lava? For Volcanoes and Underground Terrain

=========================================================================

New Paint Textures If Possible , not a whole lot of variety , maybe due to a performance hit?  I do not know

If New Paint Textures cannot be added , then new blocks with a texture already added to it , small number of square plates and blocks

More Sci Fi Textures/Blocks 

Grunge Textures / Blocks to place on walls etc to make things looks grungier/dirtier

Graffiti Wall placeables

Burn spot placeables

Alien looking Plants

Stone Henge like Structures Monoliths / Blocks
Boulders

Crashed Sattelite

==========================================================================

If you can do VFX

Placeable Fire Block with audio effects?  So you can make a burning building also catches anyone or zombie on fire

Placeable Water Drip with audio effects?

Electric wire with sparks VFX that does electrocution damage , placeable in water or from walls floors etc.

Steam Vfx for cold areas snow or even in a walk in fridge

Smoke Vfx

=============================================================================

More placeable Blocks for building Interiors

Computer Server Farm Blocks

Security Computers / Desks  that are more definitive

Wires Block , that dip down to place on walls/halls etc

Street signs that are not attached to a post

Posters

Glass Doors like you find at a convenience store that you can open/close/lock

Rope Bridge

Jet Packs if possible

Hang Gliders if possible

Hot Air Balloon / Blimp Placeable or flyable

Better collection of Pipes that are smaller and more numerous , could just be a texture like background to put behind a grate and some of the pipes already in the game.

Placeable Missile Block

F-16 Placeable like the mech 

Secret Doors ie. looks like the wall but you can click on it to open it , if it cant be painted , then use the wall textures they have to color it

=================================================================================================

======================================================================================

Radiation Block

==========================================================================================

Some kind of Teleport System with Gates , so you can Teleport to a spot on the map that is hidden / Inaccessible , That could be set up as a small section of a another planet

Edited by Demigog (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Buddy Revell said:

@Subquake  Love this overhaul; excellent work!  I have one question regarding the Maintenance Station... Could you make it possible to pin the materials needed to upgrade an item?  

Glad you like the mod and yes, that is planned to be added in a future update.

I'm having a issue where trader stock is changing every several days. I'm on day 4 and it has already changed twice before day 5 wich is when it should change. Just curious if you have an idea on what is causing this. Great work as always mate!

28 minutes ago, TheBarker said:

I'm having a issue where trader stock is changing every several days. I'm on day 4 and it has already changed twice before day 5 wich is when it should change. Just curious if you have an idea on what is causing this. Great work as always mate!

Actually, when you mention this, I had the same feeling in my current run. I did not examine it closely, but I had that feeling too. Within first 5 days. 

2.5.67 Went stable approximately 8 hours ago and now...

2.5.68 Experimental is out, patch notes:

- Updated Undead Legacy to work with A20.4 (b38)

- Changed Undead Legacy to use custom ModLoader class

- Changed server browser and filter user interface

- Fixed Portuguese localization causing error with writable storage

the other day there was a problem, after some time of the game, the sound disappears (slows down). In particular - the sound of pedaling, the sound of loot (the voice acting of the loot that got into the backpack is late), there is no sound from a working mining mine ....
Restarting the game for a while fixes the problem and then it appears again.
The problem appeared in the previous patch of the stable version 2.5.62

19 hours ago, G A M E R said:

the other day there was a problem, after some time of the game, the sound disappears (slows down). In particular - the sound of pedaling, the sound of loot (the voice acting of the loot that got into the backpack is late), there is no sound from a working mining mine ....
Restarting the game for a while fixes the problem and then it appears again.
The problem appeared in the previous patch of the stable version 2.5.62

Sorry to hear you have such a problem, I haven't messed around with how the sounds work in the game, you are sure you're experiencing these issues only when playing Undead Legacy or is it in vanilla / other mods too? Because you're the first one ever reporting such an issue.