Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

@SheepMaiden  You need to either install the mod manually from the website or use the latest mod launcher, it's a mod launcher issue with it not properly downloading all the mod files correctly. It has to be 3.0.4 or newer Mod Launcher and looks something like this:

unknown.png

Mod Launcher Download: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/
Mod Launcher Discord: https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Subquake said:

@SheepMaiden  You need to either install the mod manually from the website or use the latest mod launcher, it's a mod launcher issue with it not properly downloading all the mod files correctly. It has to be 3.0.4 or newer Mod Launcher and looks something like this:

unknown.png

Mod Launcher Download: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/
Mod Launcher Discord: https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

Thank you for your help there :) I am able to play the game with this mod launcher. I had no idea there was a new version.

I would also like my GTX rented server to have undead legacy too. I selected the mod on their control panel and downloaded it. It says I need the file on my computer too. So I'm currently downloading it. However I'd like my friends to be able to join my server and play too but they won't have the files on there computer... will they still be able to play on the server?

Also this is the error I get when trying to start the game on my own computer after adding the files into the places shown in the quick start guide.

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by SheepMaiden (see edit history)

On 2/27/2022 at 8:40 PM, Mday said:

Guys I need some help.

I am having issue connecting to a server.

95% of the time I am stuck at the loading screen with the last line that read:

It is the same server that I've successfully connected to and played on for say 10 in game days. So I am abit confessed what may have been the cause of the issue.

I found a way to get though the stuck at loading issue. here are the step-by step

1) Has windows task manager open, keep an eye on the memory usage.

2) Launch the game, Connect to server as usual.

3) Now, if the game loads properly, the memory usage should raise. If it stop at some point, that means the game has stuck at the loading screen.

4) Back to the game at the loading screen, press F1 to bring in the command console. Use the command "reconnect" (without " "). I am not sure how this work but from what I can tell the game seems to be able to continue from where the loading progress break off.

3 minutes ago, Mday said:

Is it possible to mod the ore extractor so that it can be locked with password? I keep having random people come to my base and grab my ore.

Build a structure around it and put a door? Currently it can be placed anywhere, even inside your base.

That is by design. Later I have plans to have special ore veins spawn, that you won't be able to dig up by hand, but will be able to place (through upgrading) an ore extractor on top of the vein to make it harvest that specific ore (different biomes will spawn different nodes, like titanium vein only in wasteland) and they won't be lockable and the vicinity of the vein will be like a mini trader zone, where you can't dig it out, but only build a wall around it or something. 

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Build a structure around it and put a door? Currently it can be placed anywhere, even inside your base.

That is by design. Later I have plans to have special ore veins spawn, that you won't be able to dig up by hand, but will be able to place (through upgrading) an ore extractor on top of the vein to make it harvest that specific ore (different biomes will spawn different nodes, like titanium vein only in wasteland) and they won't be lockable and the vicinity of the vein will be like a mini trader zone, where you can't dig it out, but only build a wall around it or something. 

Can this ore extractor be damaged by wondering zombies/other players? I keep all 3 ore extractors that I build in within my landclaim boundary just in case of griefing.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

Can this ore extractor be damaged by wondering zombies/other players? I keep all 3 ore extractors that I build in within my landclaim boundary just in case of griefing.

They self heal with each new cycle, as the cycle essentially fully replaces it with a different block every time.

Been trying my damndest to get this mod to work.  Single player it works fine. Trying on a dedicated server I get a wall of errors while loading and upon players joining it says object not set in the reference of an object.   I have completely wiped my game on my computer and my server computer, completely reinstalled and made sure to ONLY install this mod, still have the same issues.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png