Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On 5/10/2022 at 5:00 AM, Canute said:

- The lockpick system, i know it isn't from you, but maybe you can take a look.

Even when a lock is "very easy" it is still very annoying. The range the lockpick work is allways very small.

I think the "very easy" just reflect the skill requirement and don't change the difficult to open the lock.

Skill and perk's just increase the durability but not the field the lockpick would work.

You need to try any 1-2 milimeter at each side, so you don't miss the spot and ofcouse the lockpick loose durability each try.

When you use the mouse to position the lockpick (i keep pressing LMB) you autoswing on a succesful hit. Maybe this could be surpressed to.

Just make sure you have an empty jar in your hand, no more autoswing.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, Subquake said:

A patch?

i may be using the wrong word. I'm looking for a modlet that will allow me to use Twitch Integration with your Mod and not totally break the game. Mainly items and stuff that are in vanilla and not in your mod and vice versa. 

46 minutes ago, EpicSpire said:

i may be using the wrong word. I'm looking for a modlet that will allow me to use Twitch Integration with your Mod and not totally break the game. Mainly items and stuff that are in vanilla and not in your mod and vice versa. 

Oh you absolutely can enable Twitch Integration with Undead Legacy, Undead Legacy items are taken into account with it as well and bonuses are heavily nerfed as well to prevent streamers getting too op with viewers showering with gifts too much :)

I gave this mod a try and on my first day I only looted trash and egg nest trying to find a POI in the woods to take over. After a few hours game time I had over 70 different items in my inventory. 0_0  Don't you feel this is a bit much? IMHO it's way to much. It's one thing to have a bit more diversity in crafting and another when you need an excel spreadsheet to figure what everything is for. Yes, you are going to tell me don't play if you don't like it and your right. Just wanted to give my experience for my first time playing.

14 minutes ago, Greymantle said:

I gave this mod a try and on my first day I only looted trash and egg nest trying to find a POI in the woods to take over. After a few hours game time I had over 70 different items in my inventory. 0_0  Don't you feel this is a bit much? IMHO it's way to much. It's one thing to have a bit more diversity in crafting and another when you need an excel spreadsheet to figure what everything is for. Yes, you are going to tell me don't play if you don't like it and your right. Just wanted to give my experience for my first time playing.

Well I'm gonna disappoint you by saying that there's a lot more items planned to be added in the mod later on, I've barely scratched the surface. And stating that you need a spreadsheet to understand what is needed for what is a bit harsh, because you can check what recipes the item can be used for, recipes if you click on it or hover over it, it will tell you where it is made, what schematic you need for it etc, everything you need to know about crafting and resources is there in the game accessible by the user interface.

36 minutes ago, Greymantle said:

After a few hours game time I had over 70 different items in my inventory.

You are new to overhaul mods like Undead Legacy or Darkness Falls ?

Both got big backpacks and alot more different item's then vanilla.

While at DF you get overburden pretty fast if you loot any container on your way, at last at UL you don't unless you hit the weight limit.

At the beginning you should concentrate to find a temp. base, pickup some cardbox underway or use the storage of the POI if you settle there.

Once you have room to drop the stuff, you can go and loot.

25 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Well I'm gonna disappoint you by saying that there's a lot more items planned to be added in the mod later on, I've barely scratched the surface. And stating that you need a spreadsheet to understand what is needed for what is a bit harsh, because you can check what recipes the item can be used for, recipes if you click on it or hover over it, it will tell you where it is made, what schematic you need for it etc, everything you need to know about crafting and resources is there in the game accessible by the user interface.

My intent wasn't to be harsh it was to let you know what a new person feels like playing the mod. It was overwhelming to say the least. One thing for sure I wish the 7 Days Dev team would pay you for your interface. :)

2 minutes ago, Greymantle said:

My intent wasn't to be harsh it was to let you know what a new person feels like playing the mod. It was overwhelming to say the least. One thing for sure I wish the 7 Days Dev team would pay you for your interface. :)

Yes, I completely understand you, that's something I keep thinking about a lot actually - how to make a new players experience to Undead Legacy easier so that it's not so overwhelming because of how much of the game core resource related progression is changed in the mod. That's something I will be trying to address incrementally over time.

People who are already familiar in how Undead Legacy works love all the upcoming changes to mechanics, because they understand the basics on how the mod works, but for someone new to the mod that's just more things to be overwhelmed with, I know that and it's not going to be easy to figure out a good solution to this.

14 hours ago, Subquake said:

Oh you absolutely can enable Twitch Integration with Undead Legacy, Undead Legacy items are taken into account with it as well and bonuses are heavily nerfed as well to prevent streamers getting too op with viewers showering with gifts too much :)

oh sweet, thanks. i haven't been using Twitch Integration because i was told this Mod didn't change that. Thanks for the info!

20 minutes ago, EpicSpire said:

oh sweet, thanks. i haven't been using Twitch Integration because i was told this Mod didn't change that. Thanks for the info!

Who told that? Clearly they have no idea what they were talking about :D 

2 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Who told that? Clearly they have no idea what they were talking about :D 

yeah. i think they were most likely going off an older version or was thinking of a different mod. Love this Mod a lot!

I tried this mod out about 2 years ago and wasn't a fan, but started it again a week ago and am hooked

On 5/9/2022 at 11:28 PM, Subquake said:

New feature coming with next experimental update:

This is an incredibly useful QoL feature in games like Cataclysm:DDA where you have so much storage, so glad to see it in UL.

Really like this mod. Extra props for the UI and various UI customization options available, such as auto-hiding stat bars. Looks great. Also really like some of the influences from Project Zomboid. As far as I'm concerned, the more this game can be made to be like Zomboid, the better.

I was having issues with it crashing, but I think it's a combination of the mod loading so many extra assets and the current alpha having a memory leak. Game was using all of my RAM, turned various settings down, got it down to around 6-8gb memory average. Still was crashing after about an hour of playing. Turning the view distance down to low seemed to keep things going for more than an hour without a crash.

There are certain balance things I don't like but that's more just my preferences, such as building takes a @%$# ton of resources so I've just been cheating when I want to build extensively. Somewhat realistic though. Shame I can't craft even just stone arrows in the backpack. I like all the crafting tables and the new upgrade system, but this mod really ties you down to your base. I will say that I'm really not a fan of having a chance of failure and losing all the mats when upgrading gear, though presumably that goes away at higher level maintenance stations.

A couple things:

• When painting, the "Paint all sides" icon doesn't highlight when it's selected, so it's tough to tell if I have that mode on or off.
  • Pressing "M" when the map is open doesn't close the map like in vanilla, I have to press tab or escape. Just a minor annoyance.
  • Any reason for having both plastic bottles and glass jars? They both seem to weigh the same, maybe just supposed to add some realism/variety but it also adds unnecessary clutter imo.
Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Deceptive Pastry said:
  • Any reason for having both plastic bottles and glass jars? They both seem to weigh the same, maybe just supposed to add some realism/variety but it also adds unnecessary clutter imo.

on this note, i want to point out that you can make a jar of murky water by "pouring" a bottle of murky water into a jar, but you can not make a jar of fresh water by "pouring" a bottle into a jar, so if you have bottles of fresh water, the only think you can do is drink it, you can cook with it. you can pour the water in to the barrels and then fill up a jar, but as of right now, the bottles are worthless.

17 minutes ago, EpicSpire said:

on this note, i want to point out that you can make a jar of murky water by "pouring" a bottle of murky water into a jar, but you can not make a jar of fresh water by "pouring" a bottle into a jar, so if you have bottles of fresh water, the only think you can do is drink it, you can cook with it. you can pour the water in to the barrels and then fill up a jar, but as of right now, the bottles are worthless.

Long term plan is to reduce jar amount in loot, but increase plastic bottle amount, later jars will be primarily used once food has been reworked and more food is added in the mod, particularly pickled stuff :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

i was looking at the road map for the mod and i have a question about the new zombie/ mutants you are planning to add. Are they going to be super OP like Darkness Falls and Age of Oblivion creatures where they are at like 2500 hp and are super fast? one of the things i really love about this mod is that the enemies are still vanilla, but the progression is the challenge. Will there be a way to tone the hardcore monsters down in like the world gen settings like we have for the roaming hordes and AI block damage? 

26 minutes ago, EpicSpire said:

i was looking at the road map for the mod and i have a question about the new zombie/ mutants you are planning to add. Are they going to be super OP like Darkness Falls and Age of Oblivion creatures where they are at like 2500 hp and are super fast? one of the things i really love about this mod is that the enemies are still vanilla, but the progression is the challenge. Will there be a way to tone the hardcore monsters down in like the world gen settings like we have for the roaming hordes and AI block damage? 

That depends, some will be not easy to deal with early game, others will be mini-boss level, then some as world boss level and others just regular trash mobs. One of the goals I will be hunting for is POIs, that will be off limits for early game, infested by mutants out of your early game power level and so on.

With every custom creature I will try my best to add in custom resources that you will be able to harvest from them, that will be used in crafting mods, equipment, weapons etc, promoting reasons to hunt specific types of mobs or avoid them (certain creatures will have special attacks and debuffs).

I've said it many times before, I'll say it once more - I've barely started with Undead Legacy, main goal was to flesh out the core systems before getting into the phase of adding more creatures.

10 hours ago, Subquake said:

That depends, some will be not easy to deal with early game, others will be mini-boss level, then some as world boss level and others just regular trash mobs. One of the goals I will be hunting for is POIs, that will be off limits for early game, infested by mutants out of your early game power level and so on.

With every custom creature I will try my best to add in custom resources that you will be able to harvest from them, that will be used in crafting mods, equipment, weapons etc, promoting reasons to hunt specific types of mobs or avoid them (certain creatures will have special attacks and debuffs).

I've said it many times before, I'll say it once more - I've barely started with Undead Legacy, main goal was to flesh out the core systems before getting into the phase of adding more creatures.

I know it's your mod and you'll do what you want. But my hope is you don't jump the shark.

11 hours ago, Subquake said:

Love the idea that tougher mobs are coming. Right now with a good gun, mods, skills and ammo the toughest mobs are pretty easy. Horde night is also too easy if you have a decent base and a decent gun etc. When the tougher mobs arrive in game I hope that you will also improve static base defences a bit, Maybe iron or steel log spikes instead of the next to useless and ugly 4 forged iron bar trap thingy (I forgot the name).

1 hour ago, Bautsch83 said:

Mod is updated, but is still version 20.4, to play on my server i need 20.5...........need a little help

If you use Mod Launcher, updating does not update the base game, it updates only the mod files, you have to make sure your game is updated to 20.5 on steam, then reinstall the mod

Hey all. Playing UL on linux and finding that I have to launch the bepinex script manually and cannot do it through steam. I read the instructions for bepinex again and have used it before with Valheim, but for some reason it is not allowed from launch options. I added ./run_bepinex.sh %command% and it just starts and immediately stops the game. Yet if I just launch the script in terminal or even double click, game starts without issue.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

side note: normally I just run 7d2d in proton because it performs better, but those same settings that usually give me 80-100fps in 1440p give me about 5-10 fps in UL. Not sure what is up with that.

ps, this mod is awesome. its like fleshed out 7d2d with launch quality polish. Amazeballs.