Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

13 hours ago, Subquake said:

That's amazing! I didn't know about this... so this:

<setattribute xpath="/iteminfo/animation/hold_type[@id='65']" name="third_person_rotation">-15,180,0</setattribute>

worked, you are a star my friend! Thank you so much for this tip :)

spacer.pngNow that's a gorgeous looking katana, isn't it?
Thank you both for the quick fix! 

4 hours ago, Reedmand said:

Hello. First of all, I would like to thank for the mod. It's just amazing. But I have one question. Is there any way to increase the number of items on the belt from 12 to 14 or 16? I would like to place a couple of more weapons on the belt :)

Hey there, thanks! Unfortunately no, in Undead Legacy it's hard coded / pre-compiled to be 12 slots.

8 hours ago, Nirtguy said:

Dumb question, how do I get some branches? There is this game I played with branches as an important kind of material, many branches scattered around the ground near trees. So I tried to look around trees, even chopped some, didn't get any.

They can be found lying on the ground but you also should get some during the process of chopping down a tree, though I think this might only apply if you're using an axe? You can also get them by harvesting certain 'woodier looking' grass-type plants on the ground, hard to describe precisely but just start punching some and you'll figure out what they look like pretty quick.

2 hours ago, Real_is_a_Feeling said:

They can be found lying on the ground but you also should get some during the process of chopping down a tree, though I think this might only apply if you're using an axe? You can also get them by harvesting certain 'woodier looking' grass-type plants on the ground, hard to describe precisely but just start punching some and you'll figure out what they look like pretty quick.

Ah, thanks, but stone axe needs some branches to make, yet I didn't find any around trees, guess I'm not looking hard enough. I'll try look again

13 minutes ago, Nirtguy said:

Ah, thanks, but stone axe needs some branches to make, yet I didn't find any around trees, guess I'm not looking hard enough. I'll try look again

look for dark, squiggly stick looking like small bushes, just slightly larger than grass. I will be adding proper dried out leaf-less bushes later as custom assets to replace those

Hi there, I was wondering how did you make mining give less xp?
I went back to vanilla for a bit and realized that breaking a cobblestone pallet almost gave me half a @%$#ing level.  (??????)
I searched the vanilla xml files to see if there was something to reduce but I came out empty handed.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Shino said:

Hi there, I was wondering how did you make mining give less xp?
I went back to vanilla for a bit and realized that breaking a cobblestone pallet almost gave me half a @%$#ing level.  (??????)
I searched the vanilla xml files to see if there was something to reduce but I came out empty handed.

Thanks in advance!

It's a combination of XP gain defined in materials.xml as well as just giving back less resources (because it's also based on how many items you get as you mine)

Hello @Subquake 

First of all congrats about your work!! It's amazing and wonderful and I hope that never dissapear!

My question for now is, if is there any date scheduled for A20?

I'm wanting it with all my desire 🤩

Thanks for your job and much encouragement!!

4 hours ago, Fumi said:

Hello @Subquake 

First of all congrats about your work!! It's amazing and wonderful and I hope that never dissapear!

My question for now is, if is there any date scheduled for A20?

I'm wanting it with all my desire 🤩

Thanks for your job and much encouragement!!

Thanks, glad you like the mod!

I have been actively working on next update of Undead Legacy for over 4 months now and next compatible version for A20 most likely will be released as an experimental version first, sometime in January, 2022, because currently not only I have to finish whatever I am working on, but also update and make the mod compatible with A20. If it's gonna happen sooner, great, if not, don't be mad.

19 hours ago, Subquake said:

Thanks, glad you like the mod!

I have been actively working on next update of Undead Legacy for over 4 months now and next compatible version for A20 most likely will be released as an experimental version first, sometime in January, 2022, because currently not only I have to finish whatever I am working on, but also update and make the mod compatible with A20. If it's gonna happen sooner, great, if not, don't be mad.

Get mad? Never!! On the contrary

I am enormously grateful that there are people like you, who achieve things like this Mod and further enliven the experience and immersion of this great game (without detracting from its developers xD)

So, for the moment I will wait patiently for the next update (I have always said that things well done seem right and I prefer to wait long enough and then enjoy more)
Before finishing, I have a little doubt, forgive my ignorance that I have recently reached the forum.

Do you work alone or are you a team?
Because it seems like an incredible job! Apart from the mod itself, manage the web, this forum (and others that  I don't know), etc ...

Is incredible!

37 minutes ago, Fumi said:

Do you work alone or are you a team?
Because it seems like an incredible job! Apart from the mod itself, manage the web, this forum (and others that  I don't know), etc ...

Glad you think that way, yes I work alone, besides a few instances where I asked some advice from sphereii and Khaine as well as translations were offered by fans of the mod, but the code, content, user interface, web etc - that's all me for better or worse :)

Though I am also very grateful for the growing community of Undead Legacy fans and their feedback and stories of playing the mod, feedback is very important for me to judge on what aspects should and could be improved in future iterations of Undead Legacy :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Subquake said:

Glad you think that way, yes I work alone, besides a few instances where I asked some advice from sphereii and Khaine as well as translations were offered by fans of the mod, but the code, content, user interface, web etc - that's all me for better or worse :)

Though I am also very grateful for the growing community of Undead Legacy fans and their feedback and stories of playing the mod, feedback is very important for me to judge on what aspects should and could be improved in future iterations of Undead Legacy :)

Just want to say thank you.  I have been running this mod since you started it.  My server always has people that love it.  Your hard work and dedication do not go unnoticed.  Ignore any @%$#s that don't understand the time it takes to do this and that you have a life other than this.  Looking forward to you "Fixing" the issues with vanilla A20 when it comes out on stable branch.  I just went to 20ExP, and I forgot how to play vanilla!  This is the best mod out there!  Thnak you again.

Mr. Subquake, i saw community suggestions on your website and remembered that I had long wanted to see it in the original game - a crossbow with automatic bolt feed. Something similar to the crossbow from Half-Life 1. For balance, you can disable the use of explosive and fire bolts on such a crossbow and limit the "clip" to 3-4 bolts.
I always wanted to try to play the archer, but what stopped me was that bows / crossbows still lose to firearms in the late game, especially on horde night. With such a crossbow, one could even keep up with colleagues with firearms 😃

1 hour ago, Witchmaster said:

Mr. Subquake, i saw community suggestions on your website and remembered that I had long wanted to see it in the original game - a crossbow with automatic bolt feed. Something similar to the crossbow from Half-Life 1. For balance, you can disable the use of explosive and fire bolts on such a crossbow and limit the "clip" to 3-4 bolts.
I always wanted to try to play the archer, but what stopped me was that bows / crossbows still lose to firearms in the late game, especially on horde night. With such a crossbow, one could even keep up with colleagues with firearms 😃

Repeating crossbow is planned, but I've been busy doing other stuff and getting UL operational for a20 :D

I literally just registered an account just to say thank you for this mod Subquake.

It's the best 7Days mod I have played, so much so that I am trying to wait until your new version is out before I try A20!  I don't want to spoil what will be the best playthrough, A20 with Undead Legacy.

I know you are busy so I am sorry for asking (but I am excited!), what new aspects of A20 do you intend to keep in Undead Legacy?  Things like pipe weapons, new POIs overriding your previous A19 changes etc.

Also ya know, if you want to drop us any hints of anything new you are adding I would be most pleased :D  hype++.

I know you said above Jan or later is when you think a release will be, that is fine of course, I would wait forever man ;)   Just bear in mind I have the kids over Christmas so any new game to escape into would be great lol.

Take care and have a great Christmas, money permitting in the future I intend to become a Patreon as I have had such a blast with this mod and would love to support it.  Assuming we don't slide into a global depression of course, which by the looks and indicators could be coming 😐  Evenso id still quite like to play Undead Legacy and ignore the world burning lol.

Cheers man!!  Love this mod.

@MikeyUK Glad you enjoyed Undead Legacy.

I'm keeping pretty much everything A20 added and will be expanding upon those features throughout and beyond A20 as usual, however due to change on the hold pose, that was used for minigun, it will be removed for next version until a solution will be made to make it look good again. TFP did an amazing job with a20, but it came with a lot of problems to solve for us mod makers and currently I am in the process of mitigating most of them so that an experimental version of A20 UL would be releasable, I need more eyes to find bugs/issues, so that's a priority at the moment.

All A19 POI edits I did will be undone/removed from next version of UL and I will be re-doing them again with the new block shapes and everything, that decision was made, because it would just be too much work converting A19 POIs to A20 due to many incompatibility issues related to the new block shape system they have introduced.

Two major features coming with next update is completely reworked and improved user interface as well as the new item upgrade system at the maintenance station, that will effectively replace item quality research and hopefully will be more inline with what I wanted it to be. As for the rest of the changes, they are improvements here and there for many aspects of the mod and a lot of foundational changes, that would solidify framework for future content additions.

I wish you great Christmas as well, stay safe and healthy!

@Subquake Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Is there any way we can help you find bugs/issues?

All sounds great what you describe :D

Oh unrelated but do you think it's possible to change the pinned recipe so that it lists ingredients alphabetically so when your storage its sorted the same it's just super easy to find everything quickly?

Cheers man, you have a great Christmas too.

25 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

@Subquake Is there any way we can help you find bugs/issues?

Oh unrelated but do you think it's possible to change the pinned recipe so that it lists ingredients alphabetically so when your storage its sorted the same it's just super easy to find everything quickly?

1) That's what the experimental version will be for;

2) I've never thought about that, currently the ingredient order matches the order of the recipe, which is not alphabetical.