Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I also agree that the yelling is out of order. I can understand the enthusiasm and loyalty, and I don't think it's mean spirited, but, no one needs that in a place where we come to take shelter and forget about the hassle of life. Just relax. Please.

Subquake, love the detail on the food, and the oxygen bar is really cool. My mind is reeling just thinking on all these changes. If modders are the blood of 7 days, ( and they are ) you have got to be it's thundering heart. This is not a mod, in my opinion... it's art.

Take it easy Subquake. No one want's you to burn up during the creation of this, or after. Just do your thing. We'll be here when you are ready to touch down.:encouragement:

I also agree that the yelling is out of order. I can understand the enthusiasm and loyalty, and I don't think it's mean spirited, but, no one needs that in a place where we come to take shelter and forget about the hassle of life. Just relax. Please.

Subquake, love the detail on the food, and the oxygen bar is really cool. My mind is reeling just thinking on all these changes. If modders are the blood of 7 days, ( and they are ) you have got to be it's thundering heart. This is not a mod, in my opinion... it's art.

Take it easy Subquake. No one want's you to burn up during the creation of this, or after. Just do your thing. We'll be here when you are ready to touch down.:encouragement:

Well said.

Response

Another quality of life feature added, oxygen bar while underwater:

SU2DGoN.png

Until I got a PC I never realized how much I was missing out on, now I know that there is greatness out there. As hard as you're working on this mod, It would be a nice thought to hope someone else out there could assist with getting this update off the ground, but for now, patience will have to suffice.

Looking Good

:encouragement:

Hey, I'm new on the forums but I have been watching this thread eagerly!

We ran this mod on our server in Alpha 16.4 and it was outstanding, by far the best one we used and I could not be more happy to see you are working on a version for Alpha 17, will be amazing, really looking forward to it!

The food system looks first class, do you mind if I ask if you have looked at adjustments to the food / water use and weather system at all? Although I enjoy Alpha 17, I do feel the current weather system is iffy (possibly a known thing?) Like currently my higher leveled up character stays at 70 degrees no matter what biome I'm in, at least in alpha 16.4 you could see the temp fluctuating but now it feels static. Likewise at low levels you can be 70 degrees in one biome then instantly freezing in seconds if you enter a snow biome, the balance feels a bit off.

Anyways, cracking work so far, can't wait for this to come out, going to be many more hours to enjoy with this mod!

Keep up the fantastic work!

@Panachronic,

Glad to see you join the 7 days to die community and the fact, that because of my mod, very nice! :)

Regarding temperature fluctuations, the RWG is broken in A17 and I truly hope TFP fix it before I release the mod, since for the first release of A17 i have no plans to edit biome or world generation files just yet. Since I'm working on the mod by myself and I don't have a team of equally talented people like me to help, I have to pick my battles carefully on where my time goes while making the mod.

Some more screens:

Items, that have some form of buff, when consumed will show it in the item info panel section:

unknown.png

Buffs have a nice background sprite now (wasn't possible without SDX):

unknown.png

@Panachronic,

Glad to see you join the 7 days to die community and the fact, that because of my mod, very nice! :)

Regarding temperature fluctuations, the RWG is broken in A17 and I truly hope TFP fix it before I release the mod, since for the first release of A17 i have no plans to edit biome or world generation files just yet. Since I'm working on the mod by myself and I don't have a team of equally talented people like me to help, I have to pick my battles carefully on where my time goes while making the mod.

Ah fair play, I did not realise temperature was handled that way. Well, either way this mod is going make a huge difference again, amazing work to do by yourself, keep up the efforts, I know I am not the only one who sincerely appreciates it :smile-new:

This looks amazing.

I did have a question and I know it might just come down to me experimenting, but do you think your mod will work with both the Farming Expansion 1.1 mod (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109540-Farming-Expansion-1-1) and Farm Life v2 mode (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111581-Farm-Life-v2)? I noticed on your website that you are overhauling the nutrition system, so I'm not sure how all that would jive. I'm thinking they probably aren't compatible, but always worth an ask for a general guess based on what you know of your mod and how well it may or may not play with others.

Thanks in advance!

This looks amazing.

I did have a question and I know it might just come down to me experimenting, but do you think your mod will work with both the Farming Expansion 1.1 mod (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109540-Farming-Expansion-1-1) and Farm Life v2 mode (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111581-Farm-Life-v2)? I noticed on your website that you are overhauling the nutrition system, so I'm not sure how all that would jive. I'm thinking they probably aren't compatible, but always worth an ask for a general guess based on what you know of your mod and how well it may or may not play with others.

Thanks in advance!

No, it will not be compatible with 99.9% of "modlets", because I am overhauling the whole game, items, blocks, recipes, loot, traders, entities, quests, user interface etc. People, who will want to use my mod and have modlets will have to make custom modlets to mod the mod, not vanilla game.

Here's an example of one Undead Legacy code change for an item (yellow parts changed/added):

<item name="resourceCropSnowberryPlant">
   [color="#FFFF00"]<property name="Extends" value="ulm_FoodMaster"/>[/color]
   <property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Science"/>
   <property name="CustomIcon" value="foodCropBlueberries"/>
   <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ffffaf"/>
   [color="#FFFF00"]<property name="EconomicValue" value="50"/>
   <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10"/>
   <property name="CarryWeight" value="0.05"/>[/color]
   <property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="10"/>
   <effect_group tiered="false">
       [color="#FFFF00"]<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Carbs" operation="add" value="4"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Protein" operation="add" value="1"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Vitamins" operation="add" value="2"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Water" operation="add" value="10"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Poison" operation="add" value="0.01"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>[/color]
   </effect_group>
</item>

vanilla code (orange parts changed/removed):

[color="#FF8C00"]<property name="Extends" value="foodCropBlueberries"/>
   <property name="DisplayType" value="food"/>[/color]
   <property name="CustomIcon" value="foodCropBlueberries"/> <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ffffaf"/>
   [color="#FF8C00"]<property name="EconomicValue" value="2"/>
   <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="5"/>[/color]
   [color="#FF8C00"]<property class="Action0">
       <property name="Delay" value="1.5"/>
   </property>[/color]
       [color="#FF8C00"]<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="1"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffIllFoodPoisoning0">
       <requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="1"/>
       </triggered_effect>
       <display_value name="FoodPoisoningRisk" value=".01" />[/color]
   </effect_group>
</item>

P.S. I have my own plans for overhauling farming:

vxCwn7i.pngopq9eNQ.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey Subquake,

i just wanted to say thank you, for all of your work!

You're insane and absolutely awesome. I already loved UL in A16 - and it will bring me back to A17 as soon as it's released.

(yeah, i like the vanilla game - but A17 without UL is like ice without cream, i love undead legacy)

Everyone else - be patient, have faith, trust Subquake, amen.

No, it will not be compatible with 99.9% of "modlets", because I am overhauling the whole game, items, blocks, recipes, loot, traders, entities, quests, user interface etc. People, who will want to use my mod and have modlets will have to make custom modlets to mod the mod, not vanilla game.

That's what I figured, it is rather impressive the amount of modifications you've had to make to create such a stunning mod.

Thanks for letting me know about your plans to overhaul the farming aspect, I always found the base games farming and food options rather lacking for a survival game. Well at least the type of zombie survival game I'm looking for.

Looking forward to trying your mod when it is released for A17.

Good day Subquake

Have a question and I asked a long time ago when A17 was being talked about .. ARE we still going to have wireless junction boxes and or junction Blocks as before ….. I hate looking at wire all over the place when making up a base.

Thank You and as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

That was because of an ingame bug in A16.4, so no, not in A17, but i have some ideas to help with managing electricity ;)

There is a MOD on Nexus that is made for A 17 and works fine for the Vanilla game .. if you get time you might want to take a look at it.

I'm using it now and having no issues .. it also worked with Darkness Falls for A17 .. have used in both.

Just a thought .. Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Sorry .. I forgot to leave link: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/199?tab=description

If you want to check out.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Here's an example of one Undead Legacy code change for an item (yellow parts changed/added):

[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="Extends" value="ulm_FoodMaster"/>[/color]
   <property name="CustomIcon" value="foodCropBlueberries"/>
   <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ffffaf"/>
   [color="#FFFF00"]<property name="EconomicValue" value="50"/>
   <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10"/>
   <property name="CarryWeight" value="0.05"/>[/color]
       [color="#FFFF00"]<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Carbs" operation="add" value="4"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Protein" operation="add" value="1"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Vitamins" operation="add" value="2"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Water" operation="add" value="10"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$Add_Poison" operation="add" value="0.01"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>[/color]
   </effect_group>
</item>

vanilla code (orange parts changed/removed):

[color="#FF8C00"]<property name="Extends" value="foodCropBlueberries"/>
   <property name="DisplayType" value="food"/>[/color]
   <property name="CustomIcon" value="foodCropBlueberries"/> <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ffffaf"/>
   [color="#FF8C00"]<property name="EconomicValue" value="2"/>
   <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="5"/>[/color]
   [color="#FF8C00"]<property class="Action0">
       <property name="Delay" value="1.5"/>
   </property>[/color]
       [color="#FF8C00"]<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="add" value="1"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffProcessConsumables"/>
       <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffIllFoodPoisoning0">
       <requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="1"/>
       </triggered_effect>
       <display_value name="FoodPoisoningRisk" value=".01" />[/color]
   </effect_group>
</item>

P.S. I have my own plans for overhauling farming:

vxCwn7i.pngopq9eNQ.png

Looks very promising.

Still waiting for A17.2 when ready release for download. Say out soon on early February 2019 but now March still delayed.
All good things come with time.

Initially the idea was to redo the skills and the UI for the first A17 version of the mod, but I can't force myself to release the mod with just those changes, so I am working on more features before release, because how vanilla gameplay feels in A17 is not aligned with what I envisioned Undead Legacy to be when working on it in A14, A15 & A16

All good things come with time.

Initially the idea was to redo the skills and the UI for the first A17 version of the mod, but I can't force myself to release the mod with just those changes, so I am working on more features before release, because how vanilla gameplay feels in A17 is not aligned with what I envisioned Undead Legacy to be when working on it in A14, A15 & A16

I am a big fan and willed to wait for this. Sadly the vanilla v17.2 still has some bugs making explosive stuff useless. I guess you mod will not change that ?

On the other side I would rly like to add some modlets to your release. Can you write a converter for modlets to make them working with UL ?

Since I am a coder myselt I could technicalliy do but have no knowlege about vanilla scheme / your mod scheme

if you give me exacat advice I could code such a converter.