Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Yes and no. Sometimes it does feel, that TFP are very short sighted in terms of certain aspects of the game, when designing some new elements, but overall they have done a great job, because if it wasn't the case, I wouldn't have started to make the mod, if the base game wasn't great to begin with ;)

There are so many modders out there and only a handful of programmers for 7 days to die and it's normal, that they haven't thought about every single possible scenario, that could be modded in to the game. Some mods push the game to it's very limits in certain ways, further than the devs could have imagined or needed even, so I can't blame them :)

What I meant is, they simply don't plan things. They add something, later they change it, then either rework it or simply delete. I hope when A17 hits, mods coming for vehicles will offer many new engines, or at least few and the tools to mod more!

The trello board is looking nice for the next update. Especially the part of scraping the squematics for skill points. very much like Valmod wich is really apreciated.

You think it would be possible to add an extra cobbelstone recipe so that we can make them at the carpenters table or cement mixer? Basicly the same as the wood boards, where you can make them in your backpack, or in the workbench. Reason being that it takes alot of cobbelstone to make any proper builds with it, but making alot of it in the backpack takes alot of time, wich causes alot of lag when interacting with other crafting tables. :)

The trello board is looking nice for the next update. Especially the part of scraping the squematics for skill points. very much like Valmod wich is really apreciated.

You think it would be possible to add an extra cobbelstone recipe so that we can make them at the carpenters table or cement mixer? Basicly the same as the wood boards, where you can make them in your backpack, or in the workbench. Reason being that it takes alot of cobbelstone to make any proper builds with it, but making alot of it in the backpack takes alot of time, wich causes alot of lag when interacting with other crafting tables. :)

I will look into that. And regarding 1.4 patch notes, I post only things that I have done so far and what's listed is just a tiny part of many other interesting changes coming with the update. Recently I have a lot of stuff going on in my real life, so I haven't had that much free time to dedicate for working on Undead Legacy, but little by little I'm getting there. Not trying to do a sprint, more like a marathon :)

Subquake - awesome mod. Been playing it exclusively.

I have two questions, where do I find:

- Fusion Cores

- Titanium Armor recipes

Thanks in advance!

Anywhere really. Fusion Cells are among rarest items in game, some traders might sell them, make sure to check their stock regularly. Titanium Armor recipes are in there among all the other recipe books, just much, much rarer ;)

I've been playing this for a while now...Best Mod out there.

Love how little fuel you get from breaking down car's .... I made it even harder by having 1000 oil shale make 100 gas

Love the new medicines...but always hated how easy it was to get better from infection .... So i made the medx not fight infections but puts you to a 100% health with no other loses.

Took recipe out for Antibiotic's..Find or Die .... and use wisely

When taking a herbal Antibiotic you lose -10 wellness and -30 food -30 water ...only fights infection 1

When taking normal Antibiotic's (blue/white pill) you lose -100 wellness and -30 food -30 water ....fights all infections ....making you drop back to 70 wellness as its capped at 70

When taking honey i left as vanilla as it is the natural super cure in nature.

I'd like to know how to cap sexual tyrannosaurus at stage 4 - 60% ,makes you use coffee,beer and energy drinks more.

I always stop buying into sexual tyrannosaurus at stage 4

This Mod is soooo close to the game i've always wanted.

I don't think i'll play any other mod then this for a very long time.

Thank you for a really really Great Mod Subquake.

Edited by Gamer_62 (see edit history)

I've been playing this for a while now...Best Mod out there.

Love how little fuel you get from breaking down car's .... I made it even harder by having 1000 oil shale make 100 gas

Love the new medicines...but always hated how easy it was to get better from infection .... So i made the medx not fight infections but puts you to a 100% health with no other loses.

Took recipe out for Antibiotic's..Find or Die .... and use wisely

When taking a herbal Antibiotic you lose -10 wellness and -30 food -30 water ...only fights infection 1

When taking normal Antibiotic's (blue/white pill) you lose -100 wellness and -30 food -30 water ....fights all infections ....making you drop back to 70 wellness as its capped at 70

When taking honey i left as vanilla as it is the natural super cure in nature.

I'd like to know how to cap sexual tyrannosaurus at stage 4 - 60% ,makes you use coffee,beer and energy drinks more.

I always stop buying into sexual tyrannosaurus at stage 4

This Mod is soooo close to the game i've always wanted.

I don't think i'll play any other mod then this for a very long time.

Thank you for a really really Great Mod Subquake.

Those are some nice changes you did. I might consider incorporating some of them in the mod :)

And I am very pleased, that you are enjoying your time with the mod!

As for wellness I am actually working on removing wellness gain from food & drinks all together and only special medicine will make it better.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Anywhere really. Fusion Cells are among rarest items in game, some traders might sell them, make sure to check their stock regularly. Titanium Armor recipes are in there among all the other recipe books, just much, much rarer ;)

Thanks Subquake. The only problem is that I am on day 53 and I have been cycling between 8-10 separate traders over the past 10+ 3-day restock cycles and still have not seen those schematics or the fusion cores.

I've killed 5000+ zombies at this point. How rare are these things?

Thanks Subquake. The only problem is that I am on day 53 and I have been cycling between 8-10 separate traders over the past 10+ 3-day restock cycles and still have not seen those schematics or the fusion cores.

I've killed 5000+ zombies at this point. How rare are these things?

They are pretty rare, but you won't be getting them from zombies, that's for sure (I will try to remember to add them to super rare/hard mobs as a small drop chance in the future), because currently you can get them either from container loot or traders. They are 4x more rare than fusion bank, 5x more rare than solar cells and 15x rarer than 3d printer, 50x rarer than car battery (if you have found one of them).

As for traders, they are under the secret stash tab. Make sure you have invested in perks, that increase number of items a trader sells in his secret stash (safe icon in category list). And not all traders will sell that, depends on their type, some traders just don't tend to sell much of tech stuff.

One thing is for certain, the are much more common in traders than in loot and that's intentional ;)

subquake pls dont change the core of ur mod too much while the suggestions gamer 62 made may sound cool not every1 likes playing like that guys like that are a very small community its a game it should stay that way not make it super hard ive already lost 3 really good mods that i cant play now coz they made really dumb changes that made the game impossibely hard and antibiotics shouldnt be hard to find or make as im sure you knpow how stupid the games mechanics are on infection you take an antibiotic and 2 secs later ur infected again which happens alot

@Blazer777..my intensions were not for subquake to change anything,As i have done it already for myself,But was to show how i've made a little change to his great mod for my own use and for others to do if they had'nt thought of doing it already...

That's the beauty of this game,with help from great modder's ..you can edit it to suit you ,But some things subquake has done is just outstanding and i wouldn't know where to start.

Mod's give you more ideas and then you tweak them a bit to suit your game play.

@subquake ..Is there a chance of your bike breaking down in this mod ??.

As i have just had my bike for around 3 or 4 days when i left base everything was well with no repairs needed,And had parked it up and entered the snow biomes ...left it late to return to (10.40pm)

Bike was on fire (well looked like fire ) it wouldn't re-fuel and needed repairs , had to leg it back to my base in darkness ..will return in the morning to see what work needs doing to it.

Best fun i've had for ages

@subquake ..Is there a chance of your bike breaking down in this mod ??.

As i have just had my bike for around 3 or 4 days when i left base everything was well with no repairs needed,And had parked it up and entered the snow biomes ...left it late to return to (10.40pm)

Bike was on fire (well looked like fire ) it wouldn't re-fuel and needed repairs , had to leg it back to my base in darkness ..will return in the morning to see what work needs doing to it.

Best fun i've had for ages

Vanilla bug or someone actually attacked it while you weren't looking lol :D

@Blazer777 I understand your concerns, but balancing of the mod is an ongoing process and currently it does feel on the easy side. Loot drops need more tweaking and the fact that you can so easily cure zombie scratches ( infection ) is comical, because then there would have been a lot more survivors in the wasteland if honey or antibiotics can cure zombie scratched infections. This is something I wanted to change a long time ago and it will be changed at some point. I am also thinking ahead of time about the fact, that the fun pimps will remove wellness system all together so I have to take that into consideration for the further development of the mod and where it's heading.

It will get tougher, but I have no plans to make zombies as bullet sponges (with the exception of an odd boss zombie here and there), nor do I have plans to add classes where most of the stuff is locked behind boring and intense grinding labor quests like in some of the other mods out there, however specialization perks will be present, similar to how Blacksmithing works now.

@Blazer777....Just a thought,But if you love subquakes mod at present date...And if further updates are not to your game style..

Why not copy the present game files somewhere else and play it from there instead of through the 7dtd launcher.

That way it won't update the files.

Just a thought for future

Due to recent developments on Undead Legacy Discord discussions I decided to change player max level to 100, skill points gained per level to 1 and I started to rebalance all the ingame perks to accommodate to those changes.

t's something I wanted to do for quite a while, but was putting aside because that means, that old saves might not be that compatible with the new 1.4 update. One way to deal with that would be to delete your character profile file and start as a new character, retaining the old map.

What are your thoughts on this change? Many games have player max level at 100 and I thought if you get 1 skill point per level, then the choices will be much more important when leveling up. Also the experience required to level up each level is twice as much, so to reach level 100, you would have to gain as much exp as if you would to get to level 200 in current UL build.

Additional skill points will be possible to get either through completing certain quests or crafting a skill book from scrolls of knowledge, that grant 1 skill point. Any schematic, quest item or magazine can be scrapped into those scrolls.

@ Subquake, many thanks for all your work in creating this very fun mod, and your ongoing passion to see it become your vision realized

i will be interested to see how you rebalance the way player level and associated skill levels act as gates to other desirable perks.

my first reaction is that it will be like my first play-through of Call of Cthulhu... hope you also played that wonderful pen and paer RPG

sorry sub but i disagree with these changes and will be keping the old version and FYI this isnt ravenhearst <.<

The changes being made are not going to make the game impossible. It will add a bit more challenge in point management. Nothing is being locked behind classes or class papers like RH. This will hopefully extend the lifetime of playthroughs for the more efficient players of 7dtd while still keeping the game enjoyable for everyone. You will have to be smart about your perks. HOWEVER, subquake has done a GREAT job so far at balancing the skills to make them easier to understand, as well as combining skills as to not make the skill points too difficult that you cannot progress. It's something unique to the 7dtd community (at least to me) You will have quests and challenges that still give skill points. These will help you unlock extra skills and perks you want. I think it will be a wonderful change for the mod. Test it out when its released before you decide to hate it.

Vram memory leak ?

Hi installed the mod yesterday and I love it, job well done. Ive got a problem tho seems that the mod is leaking vram overtime.

Ganme is also causing lag spikes. Everytime I open my inventory after playing for 10min I get a 1sec freeze lag, really annoying when sorting stuff out.

With the original game and other mods Ive tried (Valmod etc) I don't have this problem at all.

System

i7 4790k

Nvidia 970 GTX 4GB

16gb ram

game is running on a SSD

Installed the mod using http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

GPUZ log file https://docs.google.com/document/d/11tZYAVu166AoqcaUzLKoju9Iqf-wZmfpivGtnR_32IQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hi installed the mod yesterday and I love it, job well done. Ive got a problem tho seems that the mod is leaking vram overtime.

Ganme is also causing lag spikes. Everytime I open my inventory after playing for 10min I get a 1sec freeze lag, really annoying when sorting stuff out.

With the original game and other mods Ive tried (Valmod etc) I don't have this problem at all.

System

i7 4790k

Nvidia 970 GTX 4GB

16gb ram

game is running on a SSD

Installed the mod using http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

GPUZ log file https://docs.google.com/document/d/11tZYAVu166AoqcaUzLKoju9Iqf-wZmfpivGtnR_32IQ/edit?usp=sharing

Most big mods, that add tons of custom new recipes have lag issues in inventory, bad optimization of recipe list from the fun pimps side. They said that it's gonna be fixed with A17, can't help you much about it. You can reduce the effects of the lag if you type something in the recipe list or enable favorites.