Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

You rock sir. So just curious how rare are fusion cells? And will titanium weapons/tools be smeltable for titanium?

Rare, but you can have a chance to find them even in trash piles and pretty much everywhere, including traders. As for titanium, the material for titanium tools have been set to iron/steel, because the game has no sound files for titanium, because they simply don't exist and whenever you would use tools marked as titanium material, your game console would spam error messages and you would have no collision sounds while swinging the titanium tools, therefore I set the tool material instead of titanium to iron/steel.

Once I get into SDX more, I will try to include sound files and correct the material to titanium and only then it would be fixed.

Hello.

I'm playing this mod after valmod, stavation and wotw and this rocks!!!

In late i think this mod turn SO easy, but i cant find the advanced welder. Is this in the loot table for construction box, right?

All tools have a small chance to spawn almost everywhere, but gas stations, construction sites and construction zombies, working stiffs have higher chance.

Rare, but you can have a chance to find them even in trash piles and pretty much everywhere, including traders. As for titanium, the material for titanium tools have been set to iron/steel, because the game has no sound files for titanium, because they simply don't exist and whenever you would use tools marked as titanium material, your game console would spam error messages and you would have no collision sounds while swinging the titanium tools, therefore I set the tool material instead of titanium to iron/steel.

Once I get into SDX more, I will try to include sound files and correct the material to titanium and only then it would be fixed.

Sounds good and alright. Ill keep a look out for them. They seem more rare then solar cells xD I have found 4 of them. Looking forward to what you plan to do with this mod. Would love to see new traps and zombies. But lemme say, spec-ing into QJ/SS seems so underwhelming. Lol I get the same stuff in the stash with 3/3 than I did with 0/3 I swear xD

Hey Subquake. Wanted to congratulate you on this awesome mod you have built. After spending over 300 hours on valmod i decided to try this out for a change, and now I dont think I want to play any other mod in this game. The variation in loot, complex recipes and the HuD are all amazing.

I would like to make a few questions / sugestions if you dont mind.

-Is there any use for the cooper ingots or is their purpose only to be smelted when looted. They can be crafted but no recipe can be done with it. Perhaps having the ability to make better bullet tips with them by combining the lead tips with the cooper to make a type of ammo with better benefits then the ones we have.

-Do you plan to add new crops in the future? I noticed some new fruits and vegetables have been added. Would be nice to be able to grow them ourselves. Maybe even add grapes so that we can produce our own wine. And maybe even allow the crafting of vodka by using potatos. :D

-Why do the storage items that you buy from traders have the lower storage space instead of the larger space when the player crafts them. For example, I bought a ammunition box from a trader, but when i placed it in my base, it had a very small storage capacity, compared to the one i would have gotten by crafting it myself.

on that note, player crafted beverage coolers have a small 4x4 storage space. Im pretty sure it should have much more but was forgoten.

And I think thats it. really looking forward for the progress of this mod. I saw you plan to add some new weapons for beoth melle and ranged combat with their very own 3D models. That is what Im really interested in. Always wanted to have a sword in this game. And an M4 makes sense too. Keep up the good work.

I really love this mod. The UI, the crafting progress and all the new funny items are very interesting to me. However, I find the looting system is a bit too abundant. Other people mentioned that there are too may items in the looting list but I'm fine with it. Actually my friend and I kinda enjoy finding new items. The problem is the guns rarity. I play with my friend and he manage to find 20+ pistols, 4 SMG and 2 AK in the first 5 days! We didn't even bother to hide in a house for the horde. Instead we were houlding AK and SMG walking on the street, killing zombies and pass the first horde...it would be nice if the rarity of guns can be increased a little bit.

probably not a bug but...

the UI gets cut off at the sides and is too big for the window size no matter what I change it to. so I can't access the tool slot at the far right in the workbench for example. any help in fixing this would be great.

I downloaded this mod from the mod launcher and tried to start a new world but i got errors immediately when the loading screen came up. i have since deleted the mod and reinstalled 4 times with no luck. Please help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24160[/ATTACH]

ALSO .. ARE you running Windows 7 .. IF SO .. You need an Update patch that came out end of Feb 2018: There is a link on mod page in the forums.

While I wait for the Pimps to make something, I decide to try out this mod after seeing some clips on YouTube. Great work btw! You put the Pimps own UI to shame.

Can anyone tell me how to make scrap frames? I have the smiting table and got a welding torch. The checkmark is green but there is no craft button. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how to make scrap frames? I have the smiting table and got a welding torch. The checkmark is green but there is no craft button. Thank you!
They are crafted in the Workbench, the welding torch is a tool for workbench and not the smithing table.

- - - Updated - - -

the UI gets cut off at the sides and is too big for the window size no matter what I change it to. so I can't access the tool slot at the far right in the workbench for example. any help in fixing this would be great.
I'm sorry, but your aspect ratio of your monitor isn't supported. Run the mod in windows mode and change to an aspect ratio, that will fit the UI in the screen.

Hey Subquake. Wanted to congratulate you on this awesome mod you have built. After spending over 300 hours on valmod i decided to try this out for a change, and now I dont think I want to play any other mod in this game. The variation in loot, complex recipes and the HuD are all amazing.

I would like to make a few questions / sugestions if you dont mind.

-Is there any use for the cooper ingots or is their purpose only to be smelted when looted. They can be crafted but no recipe can be done with it. Perhaps having the ability to make better bullet tips with them by combining the lead tips with the cooper to make a type of ammo with better benefits then the ones we have.

-Do you plan to add new crops in the future? I noticed some new fruits and vegetables have been added. Would be nice to be able to grow them ourselves. Maybe even add grapes so that we can produce our own wine. And maybe even allow the crafting of vodka by using potatos. :D

-Why do the storage items that you buy from traders have the lower storage space instead of the larger space when the player crafts them. For example, I bought a ammunition box from a trader, but when i placed it in my base, it had a very small storage capacity, compared to the one i would have gotten by crafting it myself.

on that note, player crafted beverage coolers have a small 4x4 storage space. Im pretty sure it should have much more but was forgoten.

And I think thats it. really looking forward for the progress of this mod. I saw you plan to add some new weapons for beoth melle and ranged combat with their very own 3D models. That is what Im really interested in. Always wanted to have a sword in this game. And an M4 makes sense too. Keep up the good work.

Copper implementation isn't fully developed. You have some nice suggestions there.

New crops are planned to be added in the future once I get into SDX.

Storage stuff, that is sold on the trader is vanilla stuff aka POI storage and it's my fault, that I haven't removed them from the trader listings and haven't added the player crafted ones as replacement, I will look into that into the future, thanks for pointing that out.

If the zombie difficulty is Vanilla please find a way to increase difficulty with increased spawning and/or new zombie types. With more loot there should be more challenge. After all, with more tools we should have more things to use them on, otherwise the game can become a bore since the purpose of all the gear we have will be next to pointless.

Thanks!

Copper implementation isn't fully developed. You have some nice suggestions there.

New crops are planned to be added in the future once I get into SDX.

Storage stuff, that is sold on the trader is vanilla stuff aka POI storage and it's my fault, that I haven't removed them from the trader listings and haven't added the player crafted ones as replacement, I will look into that into the future, thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, copper and lead ingots could be used, I was kind of confused why you can use brass ingots for casings but not lead ingots for bullet tips.

Loving the inc rounds though. Would be cool if it used something other than paint. Maybe use copper for that? Could add a resource called copper thermite. Add some zinc/magnesium to the game and combine all three to make copper thermite to be used in inc rounds.

Is this a bug? I can make a steel hunting knife without finding the hunting knife book.

All hunting knives should be locked behind the book or move the iron hunting knife recipe to blacksmithing like the others.This my opinion only, not saying you have to do it this way.

Edited by cammel (see edit history)

Sub will always post updates in his Discord, check the first post for link, go to the channel #news where he posts useful patch notes :)

Hi,

I'm enjoying this mod with all of the additional items to gather and so many new items. I wanted to ask, if you do implement updates patches will you announce them here or will they be located in another post??

Hey, I'm giving this mod a try right now. First impression: overwhelming lootplosion. Some people handle that with standard backpack size? Astonishing! Very good job at the custom graphics and also, for the most part, of labelling items with the workstation they're crafted at. I like the overall grungy and gimey look it gives to some vanilla loot items. The custom UI is sensational - I'm afraid that's the part which is giving me the most trouble at the moment though: if I queue a lot of fast-crafting items in several machines (nails, arrowheads, crushed sand in concrete mixer, stuff like that) and also do some inventory crafting at the same time, my inventory becomes very laggy. Is there possibly an easy solution or a useable workaround? Outsourcing inventory crafting to a workbench seems to be diabled.

@Katlima

First of all thank you for the feed back, it's always welcome to hear experiences with the mod from someone, who just have started playing it. Balancing loot gains is an ongoing process, but the idea of a lot of loot is because zombies and bandits aren't that interested in junk loot so they leave it in the POIs, I wanted to make the game feel so that people have actually lived in those homes, worked in those shops and other buildings, just like junk in Fallout :)

Backpack craftable items have been removed from workbench intentionally. No workaround on the lag, when you are crafting stuff, because almost all mods, that introduce a lot more recipes than vanilla game offers will have this issue. Best bet is just to wait for A17 and hopefully new unity version and fixes they made will improve performance. Best advice would be just not to use inventory when you are crafting something inside it.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)