Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Just encountered the need for a "bullet casting kit". Where do I craft or find this? Day 59 I have not seen or heard of this one before.
Military guys and ammunition boxes, though there is always a very small chance, that it can spawn in any kind of loot either from a zombie or containers.

Hey Subquake just wanted to say this mod is pretty sweet and offers a refreshing take on 7DTD. I've played pretty much every mod out there and yours by far has the best UI. Just had a quick question about bone powder and how to actually acquire it? Is it just found or can I craft it? I can't seem to find a recipe for it anywhere.

Cheers and thanks!!

Hey Subquake just wanted to say this mod is pretty sweet and offers a refreshing take on 7DTD. I've played pretty much every mod out there and yours by far has the best UI. Just had a quick question about bone powder and how to actually acquire it? Is it just found or can I craft it? I can't seem to find a recipe for it anywhere.

Cheers and thanks!!

You have to "scrap" the bones to make bone powder.

Hey Karthinian, on my laptop, I ran into a similar issue (my screen is not ulta wide, so the workstations and recipe list got cut off left and right). When I changed the screen resolution in the video settings, it worked for me. Try an aspect ratio matching your display, even if the resolution might be smaller. If that doesn't work, maybe play windowed in a window size fitting entirely on your screen.

... though there is always a very small chance, that it can spawn in any kind of loot either from a zombie or containers.

Is that a feature of this mod or part of the base game? I heard this claim made in other places, but so far this mod is the first version of 7dtd I'm playing where I actually got those outliers. I like this a lot, it adds more excitement to the looting.

I started a new save in a different seed, because I was so unhappy with the terrain generated in my first try (only steep cliffs and lakes). I'm on day 11 now and I'm getting accustomed to the amount of loot. I learned there are things I can leave behind or scrap, even though they might be components for recipes.

Balancing wise, I notice an abundance of guns in the loot. While they might all be very low in quality, they fetch a good price at the traders. That's the issue I'm seeing with this situation. With all the different weapon and ammo types, having them drop frequently in lower quality is a good thing, but then the sell values should be adjusted to maybe 1/4.

The same (though to a lesser extent) is true for all that hazmat gear that everyone is carrying. It seems to be the latest fashion.

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

Is that a feature of this mod or part of the base game? I heard this claim made in other places, but so far this mod is the first version of 7dtd I'm playing where I actually got those outliers. I like this a lot, it adds more excitement to the looting.

I started a new save in a different seed, because I was so unhappy with the terrain generated in my first try (only steep cliffs and lakes). I'm on day 11 now and I'm getting accustomed to the amount of loot. I learned there are things I can leave behind or scrap, even though they might be components for recipes.

Balancing wise, I notice an abundance of guns in the loot. While they might all be very low in quality, they fetch a good price at the traders. That's the issue I'm seeing with this situation. With all the different weapon and ammo types, having them drop frequently in lower quality is a good thing, but then the sell values should be adjusted to maybe 1/4.

The same (though to a lesser extent) is true for all that hazmat gear that everyone is carrying. It seems to be the latest fashion.

In Undead Legacy I have totally revamped the Loot list from top to bottom, it has a ton of new custom groups, sub groups and sub-sub groups lol, base game does overlap to some extent, but the vanilla loot lists are very horrible in my opinion and it seemed that they were made in a rush.

As for the guns, I am working on a feature, that will make it so, that there is a greater chance of spawning rusty, worn down guns of all types, that don't sell for much and will break with just a handful of shots, maybe won't be even repairable, I will see as more details come to be. Reason why you see so many guns is a byproduct of removing all the different gun parts from the loot list. Also, even a trash bag can potentially spawn a rocket launcher if you are very lucky in RNG ;)

Idea is something like this: if the game decides to spawn you, lets say an SMG, then it will be 60% chance to spawn a rusty version and 40% chance to spawn a good one. Exception would be air drops, military zombies, cops, ammunition boxes, safes.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

.. but the vanilla loot lists are very horrible in my opinion and it seemed that they were made in a rush.

Some item rarities really seem off, considered how easily or difficult they are acquired from harvesting or trading, sometimes. Also: the prices! Just look at the wet concrete stuff.

I'm not really that much used to the vanilla loot lists anymore, because I'm mostly playing a different mod atm: starvation. I've been looking for a second mod to be able to play on my laptop, because honestly it's pretty pointless to play starvation on it. So far, I'm enjoying undead legacy quite a bit, so I guess that'll be the one right now.

Also, even a trash bag can potentially spawn a rocket launcher if you are very lucky in RNG ;)

Treasures in the trash, so you don't really need to scavenge everything, because of the rare chance. But if you do, you get rewarded now and then. I wish this was a feature in vanilla (and thus, all the other mods).

Obviously you can also find an engine in a purse, which is funny and reminded me of something from diablo 2. I don't know if you ever played it. There was a type of enemy, a mosquito swarm. You could shoot it with an arrow (yeah...) and then *clonk* have it drop a giant axe. Rotfl.

Another thing, which made me even think of diablo 2 initially was the type of rusty guns you described. It sounds a bit like a new take on ethereal weapons which couldn't be repaired. If the rusty guns are worth less, that will help a lot with the token bonanza going on right now. I'm also not missing the gun parts in the slightest. You can still have a valuable part inside a completed weapon and usually I'm just collecting the weapon types I prefer and then, once gun smithing is high enough, combine them all anyway.

@Katlima

Yep, I was a big fan of Diablo 2 at the time and a fan of RPG games in general. The mosquito swarms dropping armor plates and pretty much anything was really funny :D

My long term goal regarding guns is to make looting and finding them as fun as in Borderlands games, lots of variety, lots of variation in stats etc. A17 will compliment that by a lot with the ability to augment all those different types of guns.

Im trying to craft Brass Hinges and the menu UI is empty, there is no option to craft them in the workbench, I have a smithing hammer and have fulfilled the pre-requisite. Is this a glitch

No, it's the wrong tool station. Try smithing table with smithing hammer in tool slot. Though you could also just wrench some wooden doors in your neighbourhood :).

Subquake, Iv been playing your mod and have found myself only playing your mod. I can’t place it but what you have made has me hooked! Thanks for putting out such a great change to the game!

Thanks glad you like it and hope you'll stick around in the long run, because there's so much more to be planned for future :)

Thanks glad you like it and hope you'll stick around in the long run, because there's so much more to be planned for future :)

So excited for that. :D

Anyways, The augers are a bit messed up. I have maxed out my miner69r and mining tools, and found myself playing around with the titanium auger. The thing one hits deep ground stone and all, making mine creation and bunker building alot faster. However the resource count isnt worth it with the titanium auger. I tested both the iron auger and the titanium one, and found that both give the exact same amount of resources per hit.

However, since the titanium version one hits the grand majority of blocks, while the iron takes 2 hits, the iron one ends up giving twice the amount of resources per block then the titanium one. keep in mind that I tested with both level 600.

Sooo, the titanium auger digs faster and has double the fuel capacity when compared to the iron auger. However the iron auger will provide more resources per hit, making it ideal for desert mining, or pretty much any kind of mining involved around resource grinding. Durability seems to be the same for all types of augers, being maxed out at 600.

I guess what Im saying is that all augers should have a resource count tied with their strength.

The titanium pickaxe seems to have the same issue, although I havent tested it out nearly as much as the augers.

The titanium fireaxe doesnt count towards the Im a lumberjack challenge, that requires killing x amount of lumberjacks with a fireaxe.

Thats all for now. :D

It has to DO with .. Durability .. more than resource count I believe ... the Titanium will last longer than the Iron.

Just a thought ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Durability is exactly the same between both the iron and titanium auger. Its 600 durability at level 600. I tested the durability drop aswell, and it takes 3 hits for both to drop their durability by one. So durability is the same. You could argue that the titanium auger will dig out more blocks since it can take out blocks with fewer hits, but outside of trench diging or bunker building there isnt much better use for it when compared to the iron auger.

And I was unfair when I said the iron auger gave excatly the same amount of resources per hit as the titanium one. When braking boulders for this test, I noticed the titanium auger gives 49 raw iron per hit, while the iron auger gives around 43 and 42.

However the titanium auger takes out a boulder in 2 hits giving a total of 98 raw iron. In the meanwhile, the iron auger takes 3 hits to take out a boulder, giving a total of 126 raw iron per boulder. Its a very big diference especially on the long run. I just believe the resource count should be better balanced with the strenght of these tools.

Problems Loading Undead Legacy Big BackPack

I have my own dedicated server at home. I am using the Mod Launcher to launch my undead legacy mod to get into the game. When I do this all it shows is the cursor and a black screen when the game starts. So I tried to replicate this on my other computer and it does the same.

Second Try: I try and load it with the standard backpack and the game loads, but I see the Big Backpack in my UI, but it doesn't let me initially put in things in that extra space until I move something. Then on reload I lose a bunch of items.

Is this my client issue or my dedicated server issue?

I have my own dedicated server at home. I am using the Mod Launcher to launch my undead legacy mod to get into the game. When I do this all it shows is the cursor and a black screen when the game starts. So I tried to replicate this on my other computer and it does the same.

Second Try: I try and load it with the standard backpack and the game loads, but I see the Big Backpack in my UI, but it doesn't let me initially put in things in that extra space until I move something. Then on reload I lose a bunch of items.

Is this my client issue or my dedicated server issue?

Many things can cause it .. For I have no issue.

They will need more info .. OS .. Win 7 or 10 .. if running Win 7 you might need the patch MS put out ..

But just saying it doesn't work .. doesn't help them figure out if it is you or something else.

Also you might want to let Sphereii know that You might have an issue ... ALSO make sure EAC is UNCHECKED .. BBM will not work with EAC.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

many things can cause it .. For i have no issue.

They will need more info .. Os .. Win 7 or 10 .. If running win 7 you might need the patch ms put out ..

But just saying it doesn't work .. Doesn't help them figure out if it is you or something else.

Also you might want to let sphereii know that you might have an issue ... Also make sure eac is unchecked .. Bbm will not work with eac.

fixed: Noob error turn off eac