Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

i understand exceed but i still think lowering the lvl cap and skill points per lvl is bad its hard enuff to get skills as is nvm after the changes with a lvl cap of 100 and only 1 skill point per lvl will make game even harder for example making the dye table requires like 6 diff steps and diy lvl 2 which is hard enuff as is lol

System

i7 4790k

Nvidia 970 GTX 4GB

16gb ram

game is running on a SSD

[/url]

Same exact specs and I have no issue except inventory lag when I am crafting something. Which I also get from other mods.

i understand exceed but i still think lowering the lvl cap and skill points per lvl is bad its hard enuff to get skills as is nvm after the changes with a lvl cap of 100 and only 1 skill point per lvl will make game even harder for example making the dye table requires like 6 diff steps and diy lvl 2 which is hard enuff as is lol

All of that will be balanced out. Sub does a really good job balancing. Right now, for many people, the games progression with this mod, is not very difficult. You will have a load of quests to do (if not in 1.4, after a17) and each quest will give a skill point as you progress. Don't get too worked up over new changes until you try it. Give it a chance before. A lot of perks are getting combined making point useage a bit manageable with the new sp per level change. Ex: Gunsmithing will have bullet recipes rather than their own skills. Or camel and survivor being combined into a survivor perk. To make it easier with the new points. Will it be a bit harder early on? Yes. Impossible? No.

This is so pretty! You definitely have a good eye for the design and the colour scheme, which I liked from start. If someone told me a grassy green would make a good accent colour for a desaturated fir-green base, I would have been sceptical, but you're totally pulling it off, lol. I also like the changes to the health bar. I'm assuming the other status bars have their colors changed to the base hue too now? It's a good change. The icons are easy indicators and after a while you're going by where the bar is located, anyway. It makes the design more coherent.

The only thing I'm not convinced about, is the brightness of the locked skills in the selection. For my taste, the textfield fill (and possibly the frames too) could be a little bit darker. Right now the brightness seems to be pretty much identical to what we see on the unlocked versions. If that makes the greyness become too apparent, adding a hint of the base color hue in a very low saturation could help.

But that's just a minor detail and a personal opinion.

Good work, very excited to see what's to come.

.. the rid♥♥♥♥ perk :)

This took me WAY too long to figure out, lol. Come on, fun pimps, this isn't Frozen sing along, can we please deactivate the butterfly filter?

Edited by Katlima (see edit history)

any info on when the 1.4 UL comes out?

As sub said, gotta all happen at once. But it will be a great update. Sub has been putting a lot of effort into this next update. Like the skill page rework. It will need to be balanced and that takes a bit of time.

1-2 weeks at least, i have a lot of changes to work on before pushing the update. Sadly those changes can't be released in incremental steps and need to happen all at once :)

As sub said, gotta all happen at once. But it will be a great update. Sub has been putting a lot of effort into this next update. Like the skill page rework. It will need to be balanced and that takes a bit of time.

I'm fine waiting. Just was curious about it cause I like to have some things planned in my future :D

Take your time if needed and I hope everything is alright.

I'm fine waiting. Just was curious about it cause I like to have some things planned in my future :D

Take your time if needed and I hope everything is alright.

Haha yep. He is doing his best. But as you can tell by the screenshots.. it will be worth the wait. The new skill changes and level cap are amazing.

1 to 2 weeks from now is actually alot faster then I expected. I thought you were saving the next update for when alpha 17 comes out.

This is pretty exciting. Just wondering, do you plan on eventually adding custom zombies or fauna to the game at some point as a mean to add some late game dificulty? I know some mods do that, but I would much rather see those added in UL since its by far my favourite mod. Reason being that the late game becomes really boring for me. Even when playing on the highest dificulty setting in a ironman run, the game still becomes stale at the end game. perhaps adding some stronger mobs could make things more interesting along the line.

1 to 2 weeks from now is actually alot faster then I expected. I thought you were saving the next update for when alpha 17 comes out.

This is pretty exciting. Just wondering, do you plan on eventually adding custom zombies or fauna to the game at some point as a mean to add some late game dificulty? I know some mods do that, but I would much rather see those added in UL since its by far my favourite mod. Reason being that the late game becomes really boring for me. Even when playing on the highest dificulty setting in a ironman run, the game still becomes stale at the end game. perhaps adding some stronger mobs could make things more interesting along the line.

1-2 in the minimum. Keep that in mind. As for update after a17, there are some things he is waiting for until after a17 is released but after discussing max player level and skills, he decided to rework the skills. Only issue is based on how much TFP change skills in a17.

He definitely plans on adding more content for the mod later on. Seems he is focusing on the UI and balancing. Sub is extremely good at details. I love it. Being able to see where everything is crafted or what skills you need for items is so incredibly useful. But editing all of that takes time.

All the maps I generate seem to be kinda empty, is it on my side or is the world gen modified? I've tried multiple seeds

Here is my seed .. if you want to try it … not a Bad seed to say the least _ towns are spread out a bit: LaraCroft_UnDead

Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Colored Crosshairs (reticle)

Would it be possible to change the color of the crosshairs (reticle) to red for ranged and melee weapons so they can be seen a bit more easily? I found one that seems like it might do the trick, but unfortunately I know next to nothing about how to add that code to the .dll file and not screw up the 80-slot backpack.

Would it be possible to change the color of the crosshairs (reticle) to red for ranged and melee weapons so they can be seen a bit more easily? I found one that seems like it might do the trick, but unfortunately I know next to nothing about how to add that code to the .dll file and not screw up the 80-slot backpack.

It's pointless to screw around with changing how the crosshairs look, because TFP will be changing how they show up, work and render completely with A17.