Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

'Standard' storage size is 49 slots for wooden chest, secure chest, and storage box (plus additional blocks 49 slots). These are relatively easy to make early on when you focus on looting.

A secure file cabinet is 60 slots. Safe is 64 slots. Secure safe (bigger 2-block one) and dumpster have 120 slots.

Hey, is there a box with more storage? I feel like the storage is way smaller than vanilla. Lmao.

Quest says "Craft 10 Twigs" not gather 10 twigs. It's there so that players can learn, that they can not only gather them, but also craft them.

Yes, there is. Explore the crafting recipes more, especially the Miscellaneous/Deco tab in the Workbench ;)

Someone hasn't done their homework. Make sure you have a clean, vanilla installation of the game before installing Undead Legacy, because it has no Tungsten Ore, therefore I can 100% assume you have some files, that are not vanilla from another mod, that added Tungsten Ore. Undead Legacy doesn't change biomes, random world gen, POIs, zombies and doesn't spawn actual new ore blocks in the game ;)

Large wall safe? Which has the most space

@dru1440, @pakrninja

Make sure you are running the latest mod launcher.

@dom, @Phlunder

Hehe thanks! It's still in my opinion way off of being perfect, but I'm getting there :)

I just checked and I was a version behind, so hopefully that was all it was. Either way, playing it again tonight. Keep up the great work!

Hi,

You are doing a great job, I love this mod, the crafting system and UI are the best.

And now XD, when I craft items and have te inventory open every time an item is crafted give me a lag, buy only if im in the inventory, in vanila I don't have this problem.

I used 7d2d mod launcher and a clean installation, do you know where is the problem?

Sorry if my english is bad and thanks.

Subquake, imho, the interface (all interfaces - esp crafting) is incredible. I'm mostly ok with all the new crafting choices with just a couple of maybe minor details:

1. Everything is very informative - except for trying to determine which crafting objects need what crafting tools. Might be kind of nice if description for the objects mentioned the tools that could help it. For instance, Smithing table would mention Smithing Hammer, etc.

2. Copper comes after steel?

3. I haven't checked xml's, but have a lot of time in a couple games and have never found a welding torch. Nor can I figure out how to make one. Search can't find it. (And I have tried searching from just about every crafting object.)

Massive kudos for all the great work.

Hi,

You are doing a great job, I love this mod, the crafting system and UI are the best.

And now XD, when I craft items and have te inventory open every time an item is crafted give me a lag, buy only if im in the inventory, in vanila I don't have this problem.

I used 7d2d mod launcher and a clean installation, do you know where is the problem?

Sorry if my english is bad and thanks.

It's the games issue. Whenever something changes in the inventory, the game looks through all the crafting recipes every single time when that happens and the more recipes the game has, the more lag you will get. With big mods, that add a ton of new recipes this will be more prominent than in vanilla, because you don't have as much recipes in vanilla and therefore it's not that noticeable, hopefully that will be fixed with A17.

Subquake, imho, the interface (all interfaces - esp crafting) is incredible. I'm mostly ok with all the new crafting choices with just a couple of maybe minor details:

1. Everything is very informative - except for trying to determine which crafting objects need what crafting tools. Might be kind of nice if description for the objects mentioned the tools that could help it. For instance, Smithing table would mention Smithing Hammer, etc.

2. Copper comes after steel?

3. I haven't checked xml's, but have a lot of time in a couple games and have never found a welding torch. Nor can I figure out how to make one. Search can't find it. (And I have tried searching from just about every crafting object.)

Massive kudos for all the great work.

When you look at the recipe while in a workstation, it will show what tool the recipe requires at the bottom of the description.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

So I have a few questions, I apologize but I didn't want to read every comment in 40 pages.

1) Is there a purpose for increased tier hammer? Does it reduce the upgrade cost? Increase exp when upgrading?

2) Is there a good way to get gas? 1-3 gas per wrench with a 300 quality steel wrench is just not good enough.

Started in a crappy town with other towns nearly 3-5Km away. Maybe add gas to trader loot table? (if it isn't already)

Haven't found a gas schematic because of the crap town either.

3) For the auger vs titanium tools. Does the auger give more resources than the pickaxes? I personally think they should give less as the cost of faster digging and no stamina loss. But from what I have seen they have always given more.

Other than that, I love the mod so far. Just getting gas to loot elsewhere is sucha pain.

EDIT:

Do you plan on having more stations to separate out the tools? Workbench needing 8 tools or more gets so annoying swapping them out tbh. I figured adding more tool slots wasn't possible.

Edited by TheExceed
adding stuff (see edit history)

It's the games issue. Whenever something changes in the inventory, the game looks through all the crafting recipes every single time when that happens and the more recipes the game has, the more lag you will get. With big mods, that add a ton of new recipes this will be more prominent than in vanilla, because you don't have as much recipes in vanilla and therefore it's not that noticeable, hopefully that will be fixed with A17.

Ok, thanks.

I will wait with hope they fix it.

Non-stop your big job, regards.

balance

Subquake I appreciate your effort in trying to balance the food and gas harvest part of the game. I think it works well. In the past I have never really needed to farm because all of the "hunger" issues could easily be filled by finding food through looting.

Sure I farmed because i wanted to increase my health through better types of food sources not necessarily to fill the hunger meter. Now it definitely leans toward needing to farm. The gas situation I think is spot on. It was way too easy to get gas prior to your balance. I never had to make it. I just disassembled cars and had plenty. Now you have to make it otherwise you will not have enough. I believe you also adjusted the amount of fuel used by bikes too or at least it seems that way. Either way, I like these changes as it makes you rely on other systems in the game to survive.

Subquake I appreciate your effort in trying to balance the food and gas harvest part of the game. I think it works well. In the past I have never really needed to farm because all of the "hunger" issues could easily be filled by finding food through looting.

Sure I farmed because i wanted to increase my health through better types of food sources not necessarily to fill the hunger meter. Now it definitely leans toward needing to farm. The gas situation I think is spot on. It was way too easy to get gas prior to your balance. I never had to make it. I just disassembled cars and had plenty. Now you have to make it otherwise you will not have enough. I believe you also adjusted the amount of fuel used by bikes too or at least it seems that way. Either way, I like these changes as it makes you rely on other systems in the game to survive.

I don't mind the gas too much if minibikes didn't use it so quickly to get around. I can't go elsewhere to level or loot stuff.. My towns are so far from each other. I would really like to see gas added to traders bc lets be honest fuel would be sold/bought if this happened IRL. haha

I've found an oddity, I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, with the MedX[don't know the name of the item just he icon name].

When I used it to clear myself of stage 1 infection and health it restored my health and stamina but it didn't clear the infection.

Though it clearly stated that it does clear stage 1 and 2 infections on the description of the item.

Now it gave me the buffs of honey and two other things but nothing else aside from health and stamina restoration.

Now I'm not sure if you have to have some % off your hunger and thirst bars before it could take effect but I think it should work like the antibiotics.

Subquake,

Is there a way I can install the Bigger Backpack Version without Xtrakickings texture overhaul?

Only if you do it manually through the link here on the forum or the version archive on my wiki page of the mod.

I've found an oddity, I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, with the MedX[don't know the name of the item just he icon name].

When I used it to clear myself of stage 1 infection and health it restored my health and stamina but it didn't clear the infection.

Though it clearly stated that it does clear stage 1 and 2 infections on the description of the item.

Now it gave me the buffs of honey and two other things but nothing else aside from health and stamina restoration.

Now I'm not sure if you have to have some % off your hunger and thirst bars before it could take effect but I think it should work like the antibiotics.

I'm pretty sure that's a rare ingame bug, because I couldn't reproduce it. If it says under the description where item stats are, that it will give/remove a buff, then it should work. P.S. It's Joltex, that you were talking about.

Where the best place for titanium? Snow or Wasteland?

You can obtain titanium either from treasure quests, rare chance through looting or traders, where the later is the most reliable source of obtaining it. It's a rare end game resource and don't expect every trader selling it.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Only if you do it manually through the link here on the forum or the version archive on my wiki page of the mod.

I'm pretty sure that's a rare ingame bug, because I couldn't reproduce it. If it says under the description where item stats are, that it will give/remove a buff, then it should work. P.S. It's Joltex, that you were talking about.

You can obtain titanium either from treasure quests, rare chance through looting or traders, where the later is the most reliable source of obtaining it. It's a rare end game resource and don't expect every trader selling it.

Cool. Would be cool if you could find it like diamonds in the desert but in a different biome rarely.

Did you see my comment from yesterday about gas and such?

Cool. Would be cool if you could find it like diamonds in the desert but in a different biome rarely.

Did you see my comment from yesterday about gas and such?

Yep. Gas will be a little bit buffed, but not by a lot. I also felt the same for vanilla and other mods, that you never really had to worry about it.

Yep. Gas will be a little bit buffed, but not by a lot. I also felt the same for vanilla and other mods, that you never really had to worry about it.

Yeah, It would be cool to see it in trader loot table too. Rarely of course. Because you need the gas schematic to craft it so unless youre lucky.. gas can be super tricky late game.

Also, what was your thoughts on the auger vs pick/shovel? I havent tested the quality augers for this mod but vanilla, auger seemed to usually give more resources than a pickaxe which didn't make sense to me as an auger is used for fast digging for not stamina loss.

Yeah, It would be cool to see it in trader loot table too. Rarely of course. Because you need the gas schematic to craft it so unless youre lucky.. gas can be super tricky late game.

Also, what was your thoughts on the auger vs pick/shovel? I havent tested the quality augers for this mod but vanilla, auger seemed to usually give more resources than a pickaxe which didn't make sense to me as an auger is used for fast digging for not stamina loss.

Resource gain is based on how much swings you have to hit before something breaks. Auger might give a little bit more resources, because of how damage is calculated for the auger. I can't do much about it, it's how the game handles resource gathering.

Resource gain is based on how much swings you have to hit before something breaks. Auger might give a little bit more resources, because of how damage is calculated for the auger. I can't do much about it, it's how the game handles resource gathering.

I feel like for hunting knives that isn't the case. When I use a high quality knife/machete with high knife guy perk, I get less resources than a low quality with less knife guy. Idk if you can test that but I have always had that issue. I assumed better quality knives and higher knife guy would give you more it just doesn't feel like it at all.

But hopefully funpimps allow modders to change resource gathering then. Would be a cool Idea to have the auger give less as it basically crushes the resources so in theory there would be resource loss

EDIT: Also, do you plan on adding custom zombies? Like boss zombies? And more end game stuff? I want more to do after like Day 50 lol

Edited by TheExceed (see edit history)

@TheExceed

Well it is possible, but it would require a lot of rewriting of the block code to define custom gathering groups for different weapons and I think that for the time spent making that it's just not worth the effort. I did that with all the ingame trees and boy that was painful to do :D

@Blazer777

If you are reffering to lag spikes in the inventory while crafting, everyone has them, be patient and lets hope A17 will fix them, if not in inventory, you should consider upgrading your computer if possible.

@fclen

You have to have the gas tank in the inventory and use a Wrench to upgrade it. Make sure you have taken out all the tools and stuff from output, because you will loose them.