A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

So I find myself needing to do some work to the navezgane terrain and had a few questions regarding the A16 version if I may.

1, the terrain tools don't seem to be there any more, more specifically increasing the cursor size to make digging/raising terrain over a larger area a little easier (the original pictures of the interface in the first post are what I remember). I have potentially 6km of cliffs to fix as well as various other little edits so being able to do more than a voxel at the time is pretty important which leads into...

2, Using 'Z' to create the blue box. Holding Q and the other listed controls related to moving the highlighted area do not seem to work. I'm really struggling to highlight an area taller than maybe 10 blocks although I can re-size the length and width relatively easy.

3, are edits to the navezgane world altering the distant terrain seen or will this always look like the 'vanilla' world up until we get close enough to generate the terrain that's actually there? I'm struggling a little to make any kind of significant changes (at a reasonable pace) to re-load and test properly.

4, If 3 seems like a defo no (it looks that way to me but I may be doing it wrong at this stage), do the pimps have any tools/commands lurking in there to re-generate the distant terrain? Once decorations are disabled you can still see the meshes of the prefabs, being able to re-mesh the landscape would be amazing.

There's some hidden gems in some of those menus in game, really liking being able to view all of my sleeper volumes at a glance across the city.

So I find myself needing to do some work to the navezgane terrain and had a few questions regarding the A16 version if I may.

1, the terrain tools don't seem to be there any more, more specifically increasing the cursor size to make digging/raising terrain over a larger area a little easier (the original pictures of the interface in the first post are what I remember). I have potentially 6km of cliffs to fix as well as various other little edits so being able to do more than a voxel at the time is pretty important which leads into...

2, Using 'Z' to create the blue box. Holding Q and the other listed controls related to moving the highlighted area do not seem to work. I'm really struggling to highlight an area taller than maybe 10 blocks although I can re-size the length and width relatively easy.

3, are edits to the navezgane world altering the distant terrain seen or will this always look like the 'vanilla' world up until we get close enough to generate the terrain that's actually there? I'm struggling a little to make any kind of significant changes (at a reasonable pace) to re-load and test properly.

4, If 3 seems like a defo no (it looks that way to me but I may be doing it wrong at this stage), do the pimps have any tools/commands lurking in there to re-generate the distant terrain? Once decorations are disabled you can still see the meshes of the prefabs, being able to re-mesh the landscape would be amazing.

There's some hidden gems in some of those menus in game, really liking being able to view all of my sleeper volumes at a glance across the city.

1. Noticed that too. Maybe there's keyboard shortcut for them now or something?

2. It's G now, and Shift + G for changing the size.

3. It doesn't alter the distant terrain. I think it's generated from the dtm.

1. Noticed that too. Maybe there's keyboard shortcut for them now or something?

2. It's G now, and Shift + G for changing the size.

3. It doesn't alter the distant terrain. I think it's generated from the dtm.

Shame about the distant terrain, kinda defeats the point of trying to terraform now :crushed: cheers for the reply, I did realise that Q & G were swapped recently after crashing from the sky and going splat off the floor... I'll not say how many times before I realised...

*edit*

That prefab looks awesome, totally loving arches and painting and the new designs that are cropping up.

Shame about the distant terrain, kinda defeats the point of trying to terraform now :crushed: cheers for the reply, I did realise that Q & G were swapped recently after crashing from the sky and going splat off the floor... I'll not say how many times before I realised...

*edit*

That prefab looks awesome, totally loving arches and painting and the new designs that are cropping up.

Thanks, painting really adds a lot to prefab building.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi herrpohl, thanks for this mod. I was able to create my own new world via the unlocked editing menu. However when I press escape, all of the tool features are not displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

Some of the features require debug mode. They have removed the terrain tools in A16 though it seems.

Edit: I've removed the old pictures from the OP.

How to use the damn Prefab editor how can i save something and/or load something,

I enabled Debug Mode and only thing that shows is the Sleeper volume Prefab editor etc . . when pressing "K" no other keys does nothing.

theres no explanation here.

GEEZ, probably found it ( damn me !!! ) xDD

• 4 weeks later...

So, was this a little buggy in A16.2? I got stuck in prefab loading menu a couple times.

Also, when switching to a different prefab, do you usually exit the game and reload?

I'd really like to get more familiar with this way of prefab building. Seems like a pretty darn cool way to go about it.

So, was this a little buggy in A16.2? I got stuck in prefab loading menu a couple times.

Also, when switching to a different prefab, do you usually exit the game and reload?

I'd really like to get more familiar with this way of prefab building. Seems like a pretty darn cool way to go about it.

I don't know about it being buggy, I used the A16.1 version more I think.

If you load nav in edit mode or create a new world you can import different prefabs and save their position by hitting esc and save. So there's no need to create different worlds for different prefabs.

In debug mode there's also a prefab menu when you hit esc where you can quickly switch between prefabs.

Updated the dll for A16.3.

Hi Jackelmyer,

yes it works, but you can only create a flate world (if that's what you mean). They haven't integrated a real world editor yet, at least I haven't found one.

Is there anything special you need to do to make the create world functionality work? You just put in a world name and click start?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived