A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

I added over 100 prefabs manually for my Nav mod. :p

Hm, missed these posts...

Response: then you're a beast in ways ill never be. My original plan was to use hals world editor, but this new method is awesomer.

Btw, you should get with hal, I suspect he's more familiar with that dll than the pimps... You've clearly got the itch to tinker, I'm sure he can help you unlock all sorts of cool stuff for us to use. :)

I think I'll actually try to make a prefab next with the editor. :)

I've also tried the deathmatch mode (horde mode didn't work) and it's basically permadeath, savegame gets deleted when the player dies.

I can share that too if there's interest.

I think I'll actually try to make a prefab next with the editor. :)

I've also tried the deathmatch mode (horde mode didn't work) and it's basically permadeath, savegame gets deleted when the player dies.

I can share that too if there's interest.

Its coming anyways from tfps I think but I wouldn't mind having access to it that's for sure. So anyone figure out that clipboard yet and how it applies? Also I will work on this tonight but I may have a way to get spawns to happen on a more personal level. Meaning quest or spawning behind a door and give more a scare.

Here's the dll for deathmatch mode. It's actually a PVP mode where you can set a match length and frag limit but it can be used as a permadeath mode in SP. Haven't really tested it though.

OK so what about rwg? Does the decoration work there or does any edit you make to a certain biome in navz transfer that deco with the biome to rwg? I'm sure there will be some rwg guys who could benefit from this if its possible

Haven't tried it but I don't think it works with RWG without any region files. The terrain that you change with the editor in Nav is actually only layers of stone. Nav then uses the biomes.xml to decorate the world with dirt and grass etc.

Awesome stuff!

Kinda pissed off that I never bothered to check out those modes since I thought they are most likely placeholder for the future. :hurt:

Horde mode did work for me. Its basicaly whoever gets most zombie kills in N ingame days. After that next round starts. You can enable map reset after each round.

Link - Single player dll (14.7) with all current modes enabled if somebody wants to play around with them.

Link - Dedicated server dll (14.7) with all modes enabled. Have to changed them in config (GameModeEdit, GameModeZombieHorde, GameModeDeathmatch etc.) Also depending on mode may need to add new parameters like (TimeLimitActive, TimeLimitThisRound, DayLimitActive, DayLimitThisRound, FragLimitActive, FragLimitThisRound)

Some more hotkeys: Ctr+C - Copy Selection. Ctr+V - Paste Copied Selection. X - Rotate the Selection. Arow keys change "voxel smoothing"(don't know the correct term) of selection. Backspace - diselect area. Ctrl+Right Click on map to teleport. Ctrl+* - freeze zombies.

Is it possible to unlock the complete map in the mapscreen ?

I thought there would be a way to do this as well but so far I can't find a button that unlocks the map.

I was able to create some pretty incredible scenes last night with terrain tool and prefabs, this tool is amazing. One thing I'm a bit confused about is editing existing prefabs. Anyone got this down yet can walk me through it?

Most likely I'm wrong. But I have suggested that the Map not exist. It is created in generation process (or viewing/inspection).

Well navz map and terrain seems to be static and now you can change terrain and permanently save it. Seems like its just a fog of war. To me it seems like you should be able to view it but I'm sure there is more to it

Well navz map and terrain seems to be static and now you can change terrain and permanently save it. Seems like its just a fog of war. To me it seems like you should be able to view it but I'm sure there is more to it

Not quite static - the plants are changing, and they are also plotted on a map.

I just watched a glitch with the map - the old world stayed and it overlapped new - it confirms that - the map is a blank texture which is applied to the data from the surface.

Not quite static - the plants are changing, and they are also plotted on a map.

I just watched a glitch with the map - the old world stayed and it overlapped new - it confirms that - the map is a blank texture which is applied to the data from the surface.

Good to know, thanks for that. It seems as was said earlier if we are to transfer our new maps with new decorations and terraforming we will have to fly around and reveal the entire map. Oh well wont take that long.

Yeah, this is what the region files from the /world/Nav folder look like:

QR1LOi9.jpg

I mean it depends, you could also just share the terrain files and the prefabs.xml etc. But if you add more prefabs, change the prefabs.xml, change the biome distribution and POIs (roads etc., edit the files from the resources assets) it's probably easier to just share the save game folder.

Been messing a bit and here are some cool things you can do with the terrain tool. The one boat is half stuck in ice on its side. You can see if you mess with it long enough you can make it seems as if the boat is really trapped in ice. The city scene I just made a cool trench as if the world gave way. Cars, water all sorts of stuff down there. Both of these took me maybe 20 mins each so if you have a lot of time to spend with this then I think the skies the limit.

Closeup.thumb.jpg.dd8652f8a1f31e12331e0deed999e1c7.jpg

CityTrentch.thumb.jpg.0a589cb26fd43d85d2d0103a849ffbe8.jpg

iceboat.jpg.0821c2358fd20789950c874940d6a38a.jpg

That boat looks great in that scene.

I only messed with a tiny bit but got to say I think that lake for your boat may be frozen over :)

The terrain tool is really cool. You can turn the scale to one and hardness way down and flow way down and almost get very thin translucent Ice. I made a cave and put a thin layer of ice over the cave door. Behind the ice I stuck a few corpses really close to the ice and a spotlight shining on them from the rear. OMG you should see the spooky shadows it cast on the other side. Im so hooked on this tool!

I am making both I guess. I have a lot of prefabs with custom triggers that relate to quest. Some prefabs I just need to add the invisible triggers in and others are a lot more advanced and complicated. I will be hard coding Nazv and releasing my mod as a story line SP game. Now it just is a lot easier for me to go to my prefab locations and terraform the area around it and do things that would have taken me weeks to do before.

Nt to mention how much back tracking ill have to do with A15, or find out there is way better stuff to use and have to redo it all. Ive been taking a lot of prefabs from the pack and off the forums and just making adjustments to them. I do have a lot of customs ones and of course the ones you made for me as well.

I do beleive it has something to do with density. I'm really starting to get the hang of it and have found some nice little tricks.

I am making both I guess. I have a lot of prefabs with custom triggers that relate to quest. Some prefabs I just need to add the invisible triggers in and others are a lot more advanced and complicated. I will be hard coding Nazv and releasing my mod as a story line SP game. Now it just is a lot easier for me to go to my prefab locations and terraform the area around it and do things that would have taken me weeks to do before.

Nt to mention how much back tracking ill have to do with A15, or find out there is way better stuff to use and have to redo it all. Ive been taking a lot of prefabs from the pack and off the forums and just making adjustments to them. I do have a lot of customs ones and of course the ones you made for me as well.

I do beleive it has something to do with density. I'm really starting to get the hang of it and have found some nice little tricks.

The dawn of new era is coming on 7dtd modding...... :p

I'm so looking forward to see it.

Archived