A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

Hey herrpohl!

Very nice tool, my wishes come true^^

So, i want to do some terraforming.

I have Multiplayer Map on a root server and now i want to insert a small mountain for a player. So i thought i need the regionfile for this, but i cant get my MP Regionfile in the Editmode.

I donwloaded all regionfiles, so i have my hole Map in the SP. This works i can play my MP Map in SP.

What i have to do now, so that i can edit my MP Map und can save the trerraforming?

Hopefully you understand^^

Greetz

Rauler

Are you playing on the Navezgane map? You can only change the terrain on the Nav map. In order to do that you have to go into debug mode and disable the decorations in the Esc menu. Any changes you make to the terrain will be saved to the region files located at 7DaysToDie\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\Region.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Basic question

Hi everyone, maybe my question is basic , but when i save the game with the button "save" in game, and after exit.

In saved games does not appear.

؟Can anyone help me with this?, or explain me how can i save the changes in the edit game. My intention is start a new game with those changes, ؟it is possible?.

Thanks very much.

:smug:

Hi everyone, maybe my question is basic , but when i save the game with the button "save" in game, and after exit.

In saved games does not appear.

؟Can anyone help me with this?, or explain me how can i save the changes in the edit game. My intention is start a new game with those changes, ؟it is possible?.

Thanks very much.

:smug:

The "save" button is for saving positions of prefabs, entityspawners etc. in the xml. You can e.g. add/delete prefabs to Navezgane and save these changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I just installed this and everytime I start the game the Console pops up with some redlines...

I play with A15.2 and as far as I know the dll is still for A15 so perhaps that's the problem.

Thanks for uncovering this awesome tool

Edit :

The game launches in A15.1 B16 and after launching I can't quit it....Can't access debug menu either :(

273897800_Screenshot(14).jpg.7ca13a7fa7ee1ca268466151d705ff18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great find, and a great tool! Amazing!

I am having some trouble with it, though. I want to use it to build a rather large prefab, but it's starting to seem like an impossible task. The project is large enough that everytime I move a certain distance away from my prefab (distance equal to no longer being able to see it) the prefab and any and all changes I made will outright disappear and the original terrain will be re-created. I have tried messing around with the terrain, I have tried building above the terrain - essentially trying to build the prefab floating in the air. I have tried messing around with the tools, clearing entire selections or filling the selection up with another material but nothing seems to remedy this.

I should note I am running the alpha 15 (b105) modded with Steelmod (v.6.1). Any ideas how to solve this issue, or should I just give up?

This is a great find, and a great tool! Amazing!

I am having some trouble with it, though. I want to use it to build a rather large prefab, but it's starting to seem like an impossible task. The project is large enough that everytime I move a certain distance away from my prefab (distance equal to no longer being able to see it) the prefab and any and all changes I made will outright disappear and the original terrain will be re-created. I have tried messing around with the terrain, I have tried building above the terrain - essentially trying to build the prefab floating in the air. I have tried messing around with the tools, clearing entire selections or filling the selection up with another material but nothing seems to remedy this.

I should note I am running the alpha 15 (b105) modded with Steelmod (v.6.1). Any ideas how to solve this issue, or should I just give up?

Try the "Create flat world" option. Prefabs will stay loaded even in the far distance.

hospital.thumb.jpg.e6e10081c7e0b491aaf7abe2b442b691.jpg

Where would I find this option?

Click on "Editing tools" in the main menu. Make sure "Create empty" is activated and "Select world" is ticked off. It creates a new folder in the world directory. If you add prefabs and save their position, it will create a prefabs.xml in this directory, so you can always revisit this world to see your prefabs.

Click on "Editing tools" in the main menu. Make sure "Create empty" is activated and "Select world" is ticked off. It creates a new folder in the world directory. If you add prefabs and save their position, it will create a prefabs.xml in this directory, so you can always revisit this world to see your prefabs.

Thank you kindly! I managed to create a flat world. I'll go play around with it and see if it fixes my issue :)

Thank you kindly! I managed to create a flat world. I'll go play around with it and see if it fixes my issue :)

You're welcome. There's a limit though to the size of the prefabs that will spawn in random gen I think, not sure if it also applies to Navezgane.

• 1 month later...

Hey, this mod so useful for editor prefab!

I found the color selection for each have purpose. (or someone already said?)

I show video because better explain than i write.

Purple: change place selection and stay size.

Red: Selection move with blocks.

Hey, this mod so useful for editor prefab!

I found the color selection for each have purpose. (or someone already said?)

I show video because better explain than i write.

Purple: change place selection and stay size.

Red: Selection move with blocks.

Very nice! I always wondered what the different colors were for.

Archived