A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

is it possible to edit a existing map with this tool then return it to normal game mode after editing or are you forever stuck in creative mode (requiring hex edit to change)

In this mode the game doesn't actually create a region file in the user's savegame folder, so you can't load that world in another mode.

What it does is saving changes to prefabs and the terrain in Navezgane to the game's directory, so when you start a new Nav map these changes will be saved.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been able to place the triggers for the traders with the editor and place the spawn trader block inside the trigger. When I load the game the trader is there. What I want to happen is to be able to place the trigger with the editor and allow the player to craft and place the trader block. So far it does not work. Anyone got ideas or had success with this?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at the world creation tools that were mentioned in the last Q&A video.

From my testing so far it's possible to create an empty flat world with a custom size.

MxVETlA.jpg

When you start the map you will be put in edit mode and a new folder will be created in the worlds folder. You can insert prefabs etc. and after pressing save in the Esc menu those locations will be written to the prefabs.xml in the world folder.

mGQOuXx.jpg

I think it might be useful for creating a prefab without having to clear out an area first. Haven't figured out what else you can do with it.

I've include the menu in the current dll, it's under edditing tools and replaces the RWG viewer.

Had a look at the world creation tools that were mentioned in the last Q&A video.

From my testing so far it's possible to create an empty flat world with a custom size.

MxVETlA.jpg

When you start the map you will be put in edit mode and a new folder will be created in the worlds folder. You can insert prefabs etc. and after pressing save in the Esc menu those locations will be written to the prefabs.xml in the world folder.

mGQOuXx.jpg

I think it might be useful for creating a prefab without having to clear out an area first. Haven't figured out what else you can do with it.

I've include the menu in the current dll, it's under edditing tools and replaces the RWG viewer.

I've tested world creation and size is number of chunks for x and y of the map.

higher size result in long creation time, the creation time rise exponital to size.

size 1280 is so big as vanilla-rwg and you need between 10gb and 20gb freespace minimum. the creation take very long, so you can eat in the time as the creation-process is in action.

on my system 10 region-files are created per minute and map from size of vanilla-rwg need around 2 hrs wit av aktiv.

I've tested world creation and size is number of chunks for x and y of the map.

higher size result in long creation time, the creation time rise exponital to size.

size 1280 is so big as vanilla-rwg and you need between 10gb and 20gb freespace minimum. the creation take very long, so you can eat in the time as the creation-process is in action.

on my system 10 region-files are created per minute and map from size of vanilla-rwg need around 2 hrs wit av aktiv.

Good to know! Creating a flat world is the only option so far, if I'm not wrong. Seems like they're using it to create flat worlds for their prefab buildings as shown in

I'm a little late to the party on this one but can this be run on a live dedi server? Mainly for planting existing POI's in locations of my choice? Does the dll need to be changed on both the server and my client machine in order for it to work?

It doesn't really seem to work in MP mode unfortunately, but I will do some more testing.

It makes sense that this is used in conjunction with the height map/color thingie... paint the world using that, then go from there.

I can't imagine another methodology... if you were to paint even something relatively small as Nav from scratch, you're talking a LOT of work. Instead, color the map, generate it, flatten out your POI area's (possibly with the above), insert prefabs, raise/lower a bit to smooth, done.

Good to know! Creating a flat world is the only option so far, if I'm not wrong. Seems like they're using it to create flat worlds for their prefab buildings as shown in

yeah, i think so too. size bigger then need to create a prefab is a little bit extrem, but for prefab creation it is perfect flatground with no problems to biuld a prefab.

• 3 weeks later...
Can i use this utility for save created prefab?

(is completely or for further editing in HallEditor ?)

Or it can only be used to create and save World ?

You can completely create prefabs with their tool. Loading and saving can be done in-game. You can also change locations of prefabs, spawnpoints etc. for the Nav map.

If you click on Editting Tools you can create a flat world that you can use in Edit mode.

O! Cool!... and it is very easy!!! :)...just highlighted and clicked save!

Sorry that first asked, and then figured out. Just wrong deposited in my memory - that is the utility for editing landscape and decorations placement ...

Thanks again !

• 1 month later...

Hey herrpohl!

Very nice tool, my wishes come true^^

So, i want to do some terraforming.

I have Multiplayer Map on a root server and now i want to insert a small mountain for a player. So i thought i need the regionfile for this, but i cant get my MP Regionfile in the Editmode.

I donwloaded all regionfiles, so i have my hole Map in the SP. This works i can play my MP Map in SP.

What i have to do now, so that i can edit my MP Map und can save the trerraforming?

Hopefully you understand^^

Greetz

Rauler

Archived