A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

Questions about block orientation and water.

In vanilla prefabs I see metal sheets lying on the floor all over the place but when I Shift+MMB one, it adds a vertical one to my toolbelt. is there a way to orient a chosen block forward/backwad too instead of just left/right?

And I can't find a way to fill irregular spaces with water. Both Water and Water Bucket blocks don't fill up but behave just like ordinary blocks so building a lake with a natural edge is near to impossible. Are there any tricks I haven't found yet?

Wait, do you know of the advanced menu? Keep the Key 'R' pressed while holding a block and select advanced rotations.

Some spaces cannot be filled with water. Even editing the density values of the surrounding blocks doesn't work. Afaik it's a limitation of the current system and there's no workaround for it. Do you have a screenshot of those spaces?

Wait, do you know of the advanced menu? Keep the Key 'R' pressed while holding a block and select advanced rotations.

Some spaces cannot be filled with water. Even editing the density values of the surrounding blocks doesn't work. Afaik it's a limitation of the current system and there's no workaround for it. Do you have a screenshot of those spaces?

Sorry for not answering, I've been away for a couple of days.

R actually did the trick, once I realized that "R" is whatever key I set for "reload" :/ Still I haven't figured out how to get different textures on my blocks (like all the nice stuff from those multi-textured blocks) but at least I can re-orient everything now.

And this is what I've been trying to fill with water:

Alpha_16.4_2018-08-19_18-48-19.jpg.08ccc1fb478d6d8fcfc3668ed09218cf.jpg

I tried every of the 4 water blocks (copied the basin 4 times) from the edge or from a pillar/pole inside the basin. Nothing worked, and filling it block by block is no option with rugged corners like the prototype on the right side.

Sorry for not answering, I've been away for a couple of days.

R actually did the trick, once I realized that "R" is whatever key I set for "reload" :/ Still I haven't figured out how to get different textures on my blocks (like all the nice stuff from those multi-textured blocks) but at least I can re-orient everything now.

Take a brush and press R (don't keep it pressed) in order to open the texture menu. The brush has some options available via the R menu (if you keep R pressed).

I tried every of the 4 water blocks (copied the basin 4 times) from the edge or from a pillar/pole inside the basin. Nothing worked, and filling it block by block is no option with rugged corners like the prototype on the right side.

You can fill this pond but you'll need a lot of patience and some tricks. As Guppy said, it's easier to use my editor than to fill the spaces ingame.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I just tried but when I load a prefab into clipboard and then bring it in with ctrl+V the console gives back that I have no prefab selected. same if I use the "load into prefab" option.

Ohh sorry I assumed that you use the editor together with the empty world setup.^^ If you download Hal's prefab editor and click on 'install empty world', you get something that is very similar to the a17 prefab editor (after installing the empty world you may have to reinstall the dll file from this thread). It allows you to generate meshes as described previously.

• 11 months later...

Autofill with dirt

For A16.4.

Controls:

Z: Draw selection box

J: Clear selection

L: Fill selection with block selected on toolbelt

K: Properties menu (StartPoint, Dynamic Prefabs, EntitySpawnerTriggerArea, EntitySpawner)

E: Change color of selection (not sure if there is more to it)

Press and hold G: Move selection box with mouse or WASD

Press and hold Shift + G: Change size of selection box

Holding Shift while placing a block (LMB) will replace the selected block

Holding Shift while having a block selected on toolbelt and pressing RMB will delete any block

Ctrl + E will toggle any light on and off while clicking on it

Left click red on a prefab with entities checked and hit k to open the spawn triggers menu

Ctr+C - Copy Selection

Ctr+V - Paste Copied Selection

X - Rotate the Selection

Arow keys change "voxel smoothing"

Backspace - diselect area

Ctrl+Right Click on map to teleport

Ctrl+* - freeze zombies

Pressing middle mouse button while pointing at a block will add a stack of the block to the toolbelt

Ctrl + cursor up/down: raises or lowers a voxel

Anyone know of autofill for forest, topsoil and or dirt? as above does not work :(

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to edit the .dll to make this work with later versions of the game? If so what was changed to achieve this? I've poked the .dll a bit but am not sure what I need to change and all the various tutorials I can find are (it seems) for the purposes enabling Creative/Debug to cheat/hack MP.... I just want to easily remove soil/rock volumes while testing things.

Or is there another method to achieve the same end in more recent versions of the game?

Archived