A16 - Unlocking In-Game Prefab Editor (Terrain Tools) [.dll mod]

herrpohl

A good find indeed. I've been getting numerous PMs gushing over this. I've seen it guys, I've seen it. :D

Has anyone found if it can work with multiplayer?

From what I tried you can start server in Edit mode but players can't access any editing controls.

Yes only the host can use it others can join but cant use the edit tools. Maybe if they all had admin privs?

To clarify I am talking about dedicated servers with the server tool or hosted. Not "normal game with MP enabled" type games. If that makes sense.

To clarify I am talking about dedicated servers with the server tool or hosted. Not "normal game with MP enabled" type games. If that makes sense.

Oh sorry, yea I have no idea. I had it installed and so did Spider and I joined his multiplayer edit game he had going and I couldnt do anything. I wouldnt think so but perhaps if everyone has admin rights. I have no way to test this.

Found some more controls:

P: Unlocks camera (works best in third person (F5 in dm))

Enter on numpad: pauses game

+ and - on numpad: speed up or slow down the game (not the time), but e.g. animation of zombies and the player

Edit: Actually these are features of the normal dm mode.

Ctrl + cursor up/down: raises or lowers a voxel

Found some more controls:

P: Unlocks camera (works best in third person (F5 in dm))

Enter on numpad: pauses game

+ and - on numpad: speed up or slow down the game (not the time), but e.g. animation of zombies and the player

Edit: Actually these are features of the normal dm mode.

Ctrl + cursor up/down: raises or lowers a voxel

I love this tool so much. What do the loot forest and others do. The colored boxes?

Depending on what loot placeholder it is, there can be different lootcontainers generated in the game. It's listed at the top of the loot.xml.

Yea I knew that I guess I should have elaborated more. While using the editor I will sometimes see a loot box just sitting all by itself with no poi or anything close to it. Is that perhaps a tree stump or purse? Just wondering as some seem out of place

Yea I knew that I guess I should have elaborated more. While using the editor I will sometimes see a loot box just sitting all by itself with no poi or anything close to it. Is that perhaps a tree stump or purse? Just wondering as some seem out of place

the biomes use them for decorations as well as the PoI's that have them

it would be cool if this could be accessed via the world edit button on the main menu and leave creative mode intact, but cool to have this either way i am impressed, thank you very much for posting this keep it coming. :)

Start a new game SP or MP and choose the setting you want. Turn on creative mode. Now back out of that and change the drop down to edit and you will have creative on inside the edit game. Also you can just type cm in the console box to give yourself creative.

Archived