A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

Thanks, Doombringer!

- - - Updated - - -

The stamina is setup that way on purpose. It is purposely called Mole Sandwich as a reference to Madmole. Just an easteregg.

You cannot conventionally craft ammo components. You can dismantle shotgun shells, however. Which is the only way to get the casings.

Re stamina: Curse you! LOL. Re mole sandwich: well played, my friend!

I wonder would it be possible to take the entityclass.xml of this mod and say use it with another mod?

Like your Valmod?

Cause I like the fact that they don't run, no dogs or other special types of enemies[one reason why I don't play this game with enemites active] and I like the diversity of the Valmod.

I recommend using the Valmod Horde edition as linked by Stompy.

Otherwise, to answer the question, no. There are specific items, blocks and loot in my entityclasses.xml. Its not standalone. Even if it was, it still wouldn't give you what you're after as its also connected to the entitygroups.xml

Think of it like a chain. Everything links back together and relies on each other for connections. If you were to only use the entityclasses.xml you will be removing all the other links in the chain that hold it together.

However what you're after is very easy to achieve standalone. You can tell zombies that they can never run with the in-game settings. You can remove dogs (or anything else) by going into the entitygroups.xml and replacing them with something else. Here is a quick little guide about such things:

[Guide] Zombie Modding (Disabling or Nerfing Specific Zombies)

Its more due to the balancing factor that comes with having weapons that are so much more potent, especially in regards to headshots.

If a high quality melee weapon can easily bonk out any zombie with a swing to the braincage then to offset this you should have stamina actually be a factor the player has to keep track of. Dark Souls up in here.

That was the mentality behind it, anyway.

To change this back you'd need to edit the items.xml code for all the melee weapons.

For example:

<item id="7" name="clubIron">

<property name="Extends" value="clubMaster" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Melee/Club/Club_Wood_RefinedPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="scrapIron" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Stamina_usage" value="7" />

<property name="Buff" value="criticalBlunt" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value=".2" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="9,16" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="3,13" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="100,600" />

</property>

<property name="CritChance" value=".2" />

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="clubIronDesc"/>

</item>

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I fully plan on supporting both CHS and Valmod Pack when A15 releases. I anticipate a lot of A15 stuff changing things. Dynamic spawns and UMA zombies - kinda big deals for this. Might take a while to get everything updated and running. I won't lie, Valmod will be my primary focus with CHS coming after.

Great Mod Valmar, I am having one problem where do you find light bulbs to craft lights?

They drop in loot like in tables, cabinets, sinks or working stiffs. Easiest way to get them, though, is to punch a light with your bare hands. Do that and you'll get plenty of lightbulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived