A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

Good morning Valmar

Yes; you did ... but it would be nice to be mentioned on main page of download and not to have to read all the forum to find if there is an update.

I played alittle last night til maybe 2am my time and so far it was OK ...

I did lower my setting on UMA to lower, so I'm going to play with settings today some and see how it goes. Thank you

Well, I didn't really expect you to read the entire topic... just my response to you, directly, where I mentioned it. :p

Still I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

Hope things play out well for you.

I set them to "None". That should have the same effect, correct? Or have you observe the benefit only comes from Player?

I think it was Player only, but you could confirm by deleting all the files in UMATextures folder and then see if it recreates them. With the player settings they wont generate the files because it creates them dynamically in game.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of curiosity, is there a reason the perk for the wooden bow recipe is 5 levels at 1 point per level instead of 1 level that costs 5 points?

It lets me make skill books reward you points into the skill without necessarily unlocking it outright.

For example lets say you have the minibike perk cost 30 points, 1 level. This means if you find the book you unlock a perk that costs 30 points just by reading this book. 30 free points. If you make it a 30-level perk that costs 1 point each you still total it to cost 30 skill points however this has the benefit of allowing the skill books to not instantly unlock it. I could make a minibike book only give like 10 points into, just for example, so you'd have to find three of them to unlock it for "free".

I try to apply this approach to all perks where it makes sense.

It also makes balancing the classes much easier.

Hi Valmod.

I have seriuos problems with this mod on my private server. For any reason my fps are very low, between 20-36 when I am on the Hub city. This is not a issue for me beacuse I have a good graphic card (gtx 1060). So, why have a low fps when I stay on the Hub city?. I read on other thread this was caused by the UMA Textures and for fix this, recommend set the quality to medium but nothing has change.

Another question, how many zed's are recommend to put on a server? I set it on 60% (by default) but I don't know is better a low percent on server for don't make more lag.

That is all for now.

Thanks and greets!

The hub city has a much larger spawn rate than vanilla. I imagine this is even more so for servers. The mod was never really intended to handle servers. Maybe 2-3 players but when you start getting higher than that you'll be putting a lot of stress on the server, I think. Though there is a hard-cap limit in place, so maybe its not that big of a deal.

You could try setting the UMA as low as possible, but I doubt that will do much good. Afterall, not all the zombies are UMA. The vast majority, infact, are "normal". Better option might be to lower the spawn setting.

• 2 weeks later...
So, say I just want the zombie spawning overhaul and have overwhealming amount of zombies but have the rest of the game in vanilla. Do I just replace the spawning.xml file in the data folder with the one the mod has? Or would that cause errors due to missing mod files?

That would cause errors, yes.

However what you are after is actually quite simple and would only require you change a few numbers in the spawning.xml

Example of the vanilla code:

<!-- Diersville -->

<biome name="city">

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombieDogGroup" />

</biome>

<!-- Gravestown & Perishton-->

<biome name="city_wasteland">

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesBoss" />

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="1" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombieDogGroup" />

</biome>

<!-- Random gen city-->

<biome name="wasteland_hub">

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesWasteland" />

<spawn maxcount="5" respawndelay="1" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesWastelandNight" />

</biome>

<biome name="forest">

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Any" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="15" time="Any" entitygroup="AnimalsAll" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

The maxcount is what you want to look at. It determines how many zombies are spawned. Increase the number in whatever spawners you want to increase. Thats all there is to it, really.

Hola Valmar and survivors,

with valmars permission I have made a first video LP for a fresh new serie featuring this cool mod :) here's

which is the only one i will be posting on this thread here all other episodes will be posted on my progression thread. i hope you all enjoy and thanks again Valmar I am loving and a bit hating but especially loving the mod (talk about a love-hate relationship eh) :beaten:

ps: The following content contains a variety of vulgar language. You've been warned :p

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this mod so far. I've recently lost my "Good" gaming pc. (I7 4770k, 290x, etc...) so I've had to resort to my old trusty Pentium Dual Core E5200, 560Ti build....Game runs horribly even at the lowest settings possible.

But that is not the point of my post. Valmar am I missing something when it comes to the Iron Pick, Axe and Shovel and their Icons?

The 3D models show up fine (to me it looks like a normal stone type items but with more oomph from block damages) but the empty icon is driving me nuts to say the least.

It is possible I installed the mod wrong but I do not see my errors.

Thanks! - Sam.

Loving this mod so far. I've recently lost my "Good" gaming pc. (I7 4770k, 290x, etc...) so I've had to resort to my old trusty Pentium Dual Core E5200, 560Ti build....Game runs horribly even at the lowest settings possible.

But that is not the point of my post. Valmar am I missing something when it comes to the Iron Pick, Axe and Shovel and their Icons?

The 3D models show up fine (to me it looks like a normal stone type items but with more oomph from block damages) but the empty icon is driving me nuts to say the least.

It is possible I installed the mod wrong but I do not see my errors.

Thanks! - Sam.

You mean the scrap iron tools? Yeah, my bad. I didn't realize I forgot the icons in CHS. I have Valmod installed locally aswell so I have both sets of images. So for me the images alwaysthere because it was pulling them from the Valmod folder, thus I never realized CHS didnt have them itself. But enough of my excuses! I just patched them in in. Sorry about. Redownload and just replace your Mods folder and you'll be golden. Sorry about that.

You mean the scrap iron tools? Yeah, my bad. I didn't realize I forgot the icons in CHS. I have Valmod installed locally aswell so I have both sets of images. So for me the images alwaysthere because it was pulling them from the Valmod folder, thus I never realized CHS didnt have them itself. But enough of my excuses! I just patched them in in. Sorry about. Redownload and just replace your Mods folder and you'll be golden. Sorry about that.

Cool thanks Valmar ! :) I am still enjoying this mod so much !

No harm, no foul good sir. You should never have to apologize for your own work, that you do for free.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that!

Hey! just installed the mod a few days ago and loving it. if i redownload the files to fix the issue about tools brought up above, will i be able to continue on with my saves normally ? also, if i want to switch out of the mod i just have to delete these 2 files and paste the original file and thats it ?

Now onto my real question.

Is this mod known to have increased memory requirements ? i only have 8gb of ram and i used to be able to play just fine, recently i got crashed when messing with some settings but thats it.

It definitely feels like it got worse after a15, but with the mod on it seems like i get memory error crashes more often. I need an answer cause if running the mod doesnt cost more ram, then i will have to look out for a fix in my end.

Hey! just installed the mod a few days ago and loving it. if i redownload the files to fix the issue about tools brought up above, will i be able to continue on with my saves normally ? also, if i want to switch out of the mod i just have to delete these 2 files and paste the original file and thats it ?

Now onto my real question.

Is this mod known to have increased memory requirements ? i only have 8gb of ram and i used to be able to play just fine, recently i got crashed when messing with some settings but thats it.

It definitely feels like it got worse after a15, but with the mod on it seems like i get memory error crashes more often. I need an answer cause if running the mod doesnt cost more ram, then i will have to look out for a fix in my end.

1) The change only added the new icons, its otherwise the same. So your save should be fine. If you want to be extra safe then only reinstall the Mods folder and don't touch the Data folder. The Mods folder is what has the icons.

2) If you're asking how to uninstall the mod the easiest method is to Verify Integrity of Game Cache

3) Most definitely uses more memory. One of the most taxing aspects of the game is the entities - especially UMA zombies. This mod essentially puts the spawning on steroids, giving you far more zombies than you would in the base game - even with max spawning, far as I know. So it will be putting more stress on the PC. Specifically with memory. One thing that could help though is to go into video settings and set the UMA texture quality down to the lowest setting.

2) If you're asking how to uninstall the mod the easiest method is to Verify Integrity of Game Cache

So verify integrity removes all mods and re-downloads all of the core files missing ? It's like setting everything to "custom" regarding installation files ? sorry about silly Qs, i am not really into modding.

3) Most definitely uses more memory. One of the most taxing aspects of the game is the entities - especially UMA zombies. This mod essentially puts the spawning on steroids, giving you far more zombies than you would in the base game - even with max spawning, far as I know. So it will be putting more stress on the PC. Specifically with memory. One thing that could help though is to go into video settings and set the UMA texture quality down to the lowest setting.

This UMA thing, dude.... I already have UMA quality to lowest or my fps dive to unplayable lvls. I 've read here and there that there is a way to disable UMA zed spawns entirely, do you know anything about that or anything similar that could help me out ?

edit: also thanks for the quick reply! :)

So verify integrity removes all mods and re-downloads all of the core files missing ? It's like setting everything to "custom" regarding installation files ? sorry about silly Qs, i am not really into modding.

This UMA thing, dude.... I already have UMA quality to lowest or my fps dive to unplayable lvls. I 've read here and there that there is a way to disable UMA zed spawns entirely, do you know anything about that or anything similar that could help me out ?

edit: also thanks for the quick reply! :)

Verifying the integrity will make steam replace everything that isn't vanilla. Basically it will revert your game back to vanilla.

You can disable UMA spawns, yes. Open the 7dtd directory. Then open the Data folder. Then the config folder. Now the entitygroups.xml

Remove these fellas:

<entity name="ZombieRavager" />

<entity name="ZombieKenny" />

<entity name="ZombieTrucker" />

<entity name="ZombieSurvivorMale" />

<entity name="ZombieClarice" />

<entity name="ZombieInmate" />

<entity name="ZombieRanger" />

<entity name="ZombieVoodooMale" />

Removing these from the various groups should prevent t hem from spawning. Just dont remove them from a group where they are the only listed entity. Like the BookstoreGroup which only has ZombieClarice. You can change that to zombieBoe or something but dont leave any group completely empty - the game doesn't like that.

Alright so i verified integrity and continued with a vanilla save i had. Got a ram error some minutes into the game and i think the problem occured when i tweaked some video settings some days ago. I will try different settings and remove UMA tomorrow maybe and i will reinstall the mod and will let you know if i am having any problem, but at this point i don't believe it has anything to do with the mod cause i get the error anyway.

edit: if i remove UMAs and later want to revert, verifying integrity will do the trick, right ?

I went ahead and did a quick little update patch to adjust the UMA ratios to hopefully make it a little less taxing on lower-end systems.

Alright so i verified integrity and continued with a vanilla save i had. Got a ram error some minutes into the game and i think the problem occured when i tweaked some video settings some days ago. I will try different settings and remove UMA tomorrow maybe and i will reinstall the mod and will let you know if i am having any problem, but at this point i don't believe it has anything to do with the mod cause i get the error anyway.

edit: if i remove UMAs and later want to revert, verifying integrity will do the trick, right ?

Verifying integrity is kinda like reinstalling 7DTD. It will reset everything back to the vanilla, base setting. So if you were to edit your vanilla files to remove UMA zombies (I only listed the ones I add, but vanilla has a few aswell) then verifying will put them back, yes.

How much memory do you have? Have you tried running the game in 32bit mode to see if that helps any? Perhaps even lowering the texture quality a bit?

@Valmar

Thank you for the changes on the UMA Zombies. It seems to have helped me quite a bit with FPS. Now I can actually run the game at medium spawns with 45-60fps on my aging system. Where as before I had it at Very Low and was running 25-40fps at best. So I really appreciate that!

Valmar is there anyway to get the Bigger Backpack mod installed onto this mod? I know you overhaul mod has this as an option but I do not see it with this mod.

Thanks! -Sam.

I have 2x4gb hyperx savage single channeled. Game usually takes needs around 5gb (today it used 4.9 for many hours until i finally got error-ed when it reached 5.5gb). Enabling x32 cuts memory consumption in half (around 2.4gb) but lowers visuals a lot so i will only do that if everything else fails. I haven't tried disabling UMAs yet but i will try my luck without messing with it since you tweaked it yourself. Great responses/help btw, thanks!

edit: btw regarding installation files, there are 2 folders (Data + Mods) and 2 files ( .gitattributes + .gitignore). Do i copy+paste all 4 of them in 7DTD folder or just the folders ?

@Valmar

Thank you for the changes on the UMA Zombies. It seems to have helped me quite a bit with FPS. Now I can actually run the game at medium spawns with 45-60fps on my aging system. Where as before I had it at Very Low and was running 25-40fps at best. So I really appreciate that!

Valmar is there anyway to get the Bigger Backpack mod installed onto this mod? I know you overhaul mod has this as an option but I do not see it with this mod.

Thanks! -Sam.

There is a way, yes. You'd have to manually add the relevant XML code to two files. Its easy to do (copy/paste, just follow instructions):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56082-Mod-Resource-45-Slot-Backpack

You'll be wanting the "RAW CODE" version and add it manually.

I might add a pre-made version of this at some point, similar to how I did to Valmod.

Also glad to hear the UMA changes helped so dramatically.

edit: btw regarding installation files, there are 2 folders (Data + Mods) and 2 files ( .gitattributes + .gitignore). Do i copy+paste all 4 of them in 7DTD folder or just the folders ?

You can if you want to. Those git files are added by gitHub, which is what I use for hosting/updating the mod. They serve you no purpose but don't do any harm either. All you need is the Data and Mods folder.

Archived