A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

Hey Valmar, i would like to know if that mod can be modified to these settings. If can, i would like to know if you can do that for me or say what i need to keep, also i would like NOT to start a new game so probably Starting class.. is useless.

Only

Classic zombies [ same description as you have in first post ] THIS IS MANDATORY

New weapons + mods [ same description as you have in first post ] I would like to have silencer, that's only reason

New combat system [ same description as you have in first post ]THIS IS MANDATORY

And maybe Starting class, but it not mandatory [ same description as you have in first post ]

Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You're asking if you can mod vanilla to have ONLY the above changes? Yes, technically, you can.

Modding in "classic zombies" is pretty simple and straight forward (make zombies slow and unable to climb in entityclasses.xml and increase weapon headshot damage bonus in items.xml) but the other bits are more complex.

Things of interest:

Romero Mode - Oldschool Zombies/Headshots

[Guide] Zombie Modding (Disabling or Nerfing Specific Zombies)

Expanded Weapons and Tools

Starter Class System

The combat stuff in CHS in regards to being able to block is a bit more of a hassle as it requires a custom action and buff attached to each melee weapon along with other various buff adjustments. Not the most practical thing to share standalone.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You're asking if you can mod vanilla to have ONLY the above changes? Yes, technically, you can.

The combat stuff in CHS in regards to being able to block is a bit more of a hassle as it requires a custom action and buff attached to each melee weapon along with other various buff adjustments. Not the most practical thing to share standalone.

Yes, that is what i asking for. :D But i only want that from your CHS mod. :) If Romero Mods is the same script you used in CHS, i can make it happen. Also about new weapon system and start class, i can do that too.

BUT I would like to know if you can help me about Classic Zombies, because Romero Mode is about Headshots and disable only hornet and dogs if i understand correctly so i want to disable also the special zombies like spider, spitter etc. :D At least, that i understand from that topic.

And about combat stuff, is not only about copying some xml if i understand. Is possible to separate the combat stuff from the CHS mod somehow?

Yes, that is what i asking for. :D But i only want that from your CHS mod. :) If Romero Mods is the same script you used in CHS, i can make it happen. Also about new weapon system and start class, i can do that too.

BUT I would like to know if you can help me about Classic Zombies, because Romero Mode is about Headshots and disable only hornet and dogs if i understand correctly so i want to disable also the special zombies like spider, spitter etc. :D At least, that i understand from that topic.

And about combat stuff, is not only about copying some xml if i understand. Is possible to separate the combat stuff from the CHS mod somehow?

The linked Romero Mode's included entityclasses file should disable special zombies. The Romero Mode files are all about making classic zombies and the different included files provide different functions, as detailed in the topic in question. The headshots are provided by the items.xml, the lack of dogs/bees should be provided by the entitygroups.xml and removing super-powered and climbing zombies is handled by entityclasses.xml

In short the Romero Mode files should provide you everything that you're after, short of the combat changes.

It is possible to seperate the combat stuff from CHS, yes, but it would take a good chunk of patience and time to make all the relevant changes if you're not intimately familiar with the changes and files in general. I can show you an example though, if it helps.

<item id="1" name="clubMaster">

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Melee/Club/Club_Wood_BranchPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="wood" />

<property name="HoldType" value="2" />

<property name="SoundDestroy" value="wooddestroy1" />

<property name="FuelValue" value="30" />

<property name="EconomicValue" value="5" />

<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="1" />

<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false" />

<property class="Action1">

<property name="Class" value="Eat" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Use_time" value="..." />

<property name="Gain_stamina" value="-15" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Sounds/ImpactSurface/playerlandlight" />

<property name="Buff" value="guard" />

<property name="Consume" value="false" />

</property>

<property class="Action0"> <!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Melee" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.33" />

<property name="Range" value="2.2" />

<property name="Sphere" value="0.2" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh" />

<property name="Stamina_usage" value="6" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="7" /> <property name="DamageBonus.body" value="0.6" /> <!-- CHS Headshots -->

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" /> <!-- These are multipliers and correspond to "damage_category" in materials.xml. -->

<property name="ActionExp" value="2" />

<property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="10" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="8,14" />

<property name="BlockDamage" value="3,12" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="100,600" />

<property name="DegradationRate" value="3,1" />

</property>

<property name="CritChance" value=".10" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="clubWoodDesc"/>

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Blunt Weapons"/>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Weapon Smithing"/>

<property name="RepairExpMultiplier" value="5.5"/> <!-- 54 = about 250 points of crafting skill XP. This does not base off the crafting XP auto-calculation. It has a base value of 5 or so. -->

</item>

buffs.xml

<buff id="guard" duration="0.6" stack="reset" tooltip_key="Guard!" >

<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" modifyMaxValue="2.01"/>

<modify id="1" stat="speedmodifier" modifyValue="1.2"/>

</buff>

<buff id="bleeding" mutex="guard" duration="60" type="bleeding" actions="debuff(fullBuff);debuff(firstAid);debuff(firstAidLarge);damage(0,5,0,0)" icon="ui_game_symbol_critical" name_key="bleedingOut" description_key="bleedingOutDesc" tooltip_key="bleedingOutTooltip" cures="bandage,firstAidBandage,firstAidKit">

<modify id="0" stat="stamina" amount="-1" rate="1"/>

<modify id="1" stat="health" amount="-1" rate="1"/>

</buff>

<buff id="infection" mutex="guard,cured,infection1,infection2,infection3,infection4" duration="9000" onexpired="infection1" type="sickness"

icon="ui_game_symbol_infection" name_key="infection" description_key="infectionDesc" tooltip_key="infectionTooltip" cures="foodHoney,antibiotics,herbalAntibiotics">

</buff>

<buff id="stunned" mutex="guard,stunCooldown,painkillerBuff,Buzzed,Drunk" duration="4" actions="increment(@wellness, -0.5, 0, 0, 1)" onexpired="stunCooldown" type="speedmodifier" icon="ui_game_symbol_stunned" name_key="stunned" description_key="stunnedDesc" tooltip_key="stunnedTooltip">

<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" mulValue="0.1"/>

</buff>

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i'm getting an argument exception error when completing the campfire quest; it reads argument error: the request value tooltipquesttotorial03 was not found.

I just dropped the CHS data and mods folder into a freshly installed and validated 7dtd folder.

Thanks,

Smoore

hey guys, i'm getting an argument exception error when completing the campfire quest; it reads argument error: the request value tooltipquesttotorial03 was not found.

I just dropped the CHS data and mods folder into a freshly installed and validated 7dtd folder.

Thanks,

Smoore

Not sure why. The tip should be present and the quest works fine on my end. :/

Thanks,

Smoore

my friend and i are getting the same thing.

place the fire, finish quest and move onto zombie killing quest.

get the exception,

cant get in any containers,

log out and back in and quest is reset to where it was before placing campfire.

• 3 weeks later...
This mod is updated for Alpha 16 Experimental B119?

No, its only compatible on the stable A15 release. No experimental build support.

I'm not even sure it will be compatible with A16 stable as Im no sure if I want to update it. Time will tell.

No, its only compatible on the stable A15 release. No experimental build support.

I'm not even sure it will be compatible with A16 stable as Im no sure if I want to update it. Time will tell.

Will your Romero mod be updated to A16? Love that mod! :encouragement:

• 1 month later...

Update

I really enjoyed your mod on Alpha 15, I think its a great challenge to make you feel 'not so safe' as before, but there is no update for Alpha 16, and I would really appreciate one if you could, and if you can't, a new mod that is similar to this one would also be nice, I like 'more zombies, not as strong' then 'less zombies, very strong' in my opinion, it just is better for people alike myself as a challenge, and with the best weaponry you can take down Zeds in A16. But the amount of Zombies in A16 are horrible, and I once again, would love to see a Alpha 16 Classical horde.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No Launcher Support

The mod supports and is compatible with Sphereii's 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher.

y4tdls4.png

Hi Val,

Love your mods. Wanting to try out Classic Horde Survival. But I cant find any support online to help me out.

The Launcher no longer includes this mod, as far as I can tell. I tried adding a new mods folder but it would not launch. So I tried downloading it manually by replicating my 7 days folder and moving the mods and data folders into the game file replacing where needed. When I tried to launch I get Error loading and parsing items and blocks. From what I've read it could be from changes made to the wording used in A16.

I can understand if your not looking to continue support for this mod but if you could tell me what Alpha it was created to work with that would be awesome

Hi Val,

Love your mods. Wanting to try out Classic Horde Survival. But I cant find any support online to help me out.

The Launcher no longer includes this mod, as far as I can tell. I tried adding a new mods folder but it would not launch. So I tried downloading it manually by replicating my 7 days folder and moving the mods and data folders into the game file replacing where needed. When I tried to launch I get Error loading and parsing items and blocks. From what I've read it could be from changes made to the wording used in A16.

I can understand if your not looking to continue support for this mod but if you could tell me what Alpha it was created to work with that would be awesome

Try this:

In the Mod Launcher, click on Open URL, and copy and paste this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/CHS.xml

This will give you a new Legacy option. You will need alpha15.2 for it to work, so either select the correct version in your Steam beta tab before installing, or use the Launcher's Download From Steam option.

• 2 months later...
Try this:

In the Mod Launcher, click on Open URL, and copy and paste this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/CHS.xml

This will give you a new Legacy option. You will need alpha15.2 for it to work, so either select the correct version in your Steam beta tab before installing, or use the Launcher's Download From Steam option.

Well, nothing happens when I paste the link.

But one thing to try is installing Alpha 15.2 from the mod launcher, and then installing the CHS files into the directory it creates. I haven't tried it myself, because it'd be so weird going back to A15...

Or better yet, copying the A15 files to another new folder and installing CHS there, just to keep a clean copy of A15, in case there are other mods that haven't been updated to A16.

Its A16 now, will be updated to A17 fairly quickly as it is a Xpath modified mod.

OMG xyth and sphereii, you have now a CNS mod and i found it after i saw a new post in this thread!

I really liked Valmod's CHS creation in A15 and i'm gonna try this out tomorrow morning,let's see if it goes to our little private server next...

I also wanted to play Val's CHS again but grew tired of waiting, so talked SphereII into making a new version, which we call CNS. Doesn't have all Val's bells and whistles, but we added some of our own.

I also wanted to play Val's CHS again but grew tired of waiting, so talked SphereII into making a new version, which we call CNS. Doesn't have all Val's bells and whistles, but we added some of our own.

i tried installing this mod and i got error, tried on 16.4...not sure if that was the issue?

Archived