A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

AHA, thanks, still stumbling about trying to find certain things hehehe. Are there more types of crafting benches, like in your Valmod? or just the one?

Hint for newcomers who try this mod: If you find a bank, do yourself a favor and go the extra mile: locate the ladder to the roof and break into the vault from above. DON'T break down the vault door, bank vaults seem to make perfect shelters !

Nah just the workbench. Very little emphasis on crafting in CHS.

Also another tip about banks: if you find one dont start bashing away immediately Buy lockpicking and come back with lockpicks. So much faster.

Good, i'm glad that you're keeping the mod updated

I will download it today, and play it again until day 20

Let's see how you improved/updated it :')

Good work Val, and thanks for this

Ever try out the 28 Days Later version? I suspect it would be a bit wild once you it day 28 and onward. Lol

I got one more question: day 10 here, just purchased plumbing and "fixed" a sink. It says working granite sink, how exactly do I use it, you know, get water out of it. Tried right clicking with jar in hand, with empty hand, put items in inventory, need some help please hehehe.

NVM, disregard this, I'm such an idiot, its LEFT CLICK with jar in hand.

Hello, Valmar. :)

I have older one, so this is no problem for me.

But your new patch looks like lacking of CustomIcon folder. :yuck:

What on earth.... How did that happen. Well, its fixed now. Thanks for telling me.

The shared server in the post does still work. I just logged in to confirm it. However! It appears that a possible mishap has taken place as its using the Valmod Overhaul currently rather than CHS. I'll let Jax know and get back to you later.

Jax: Yeah unfortunately all my cardboard boxes with all my loot turned to wheat (funny since I thought they were made of paper lol).. No biggie.. just gotta start over again.. Oh and you might want to fix spawn as people keep using it and dying instantly (myself included).

I'll add a repair for it, though it will probably be too expensive for most people to bother repairing.

Its tricky to repair blocks that have multiple harvest events. For example if you can harvest pipes and springs for one block but it repairs with scrap whats to keep you from harvesting it half way and then repairing it with scrap and harvesting it more? Potentially infinite farming source there, I think.

Jax: Yeah unfortunately all my cardboard boxes with all my loot turned to wheat (funny since I thought they were made of paper lol).. No biggie.. just gotta start over again.. Oh and you might want to fix spawn as people keep using it and dying instantly (myself included).

I think you are referring to the server messages which i have since removed. I moved CHS to a different server and wiped it but the messages were still for our main server and i apologize for that. There is no spawn on CHS.

Yeah I realize the possibility of exploiting such a thing. Just have to be more careful I guess when upgrading a sink. I was on Jax's server and accidentally hit my sink with the wrench instead of upgrading it. It caused a few HP in damage but could no longer be used to upgrade. I had to go find another apartment sink to upgrade after that :)

I'll add a repair for it, though it will probably be too expensive for most people to bother repairing.

Its tricky to repair blocks that have multiple harvest events. For example if you can harvest pipes and springs for one block but it repairs with scrap whats to keep you from harvesting it half way and then repairing it with scrap and harvesting it more? Potentially infinite farming source there, I think.

I base it on default difficulty. But you could increase it if you need more riskier combat. Im not sure how it will scale in terms to headshots which are meant to be dangerous.

If you need more challenge your best two settings to focus on are loot abundance and spawning rate. Make the loot abundance low and increase the spawning rate past normal.

Note: the spawn rate of zombies in this mod is significantly higher than vanilla, so even with "normal" spawn settings you're going to see a lot of them. So you're likely to immediately feel the impact of increasing the spawn setting. Jax's server I believe uses 150% spawning and that seems to work out pretty well. My war to dig up a treasure chest without getting surrounded and munched on... so many of them lol

I'm running on warrior plus delete on death and I've been riding the thin line between life and death since the start (half the time diseased too).

This mode is more difficult then I expected when playing melee only.

I can't imagine playing on a higher spawn rate but I think I'll drop the loot down to 25%.

Archived