A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

New feaatures?(Or I haven't noticed)

I started playing on new version.

As soon as start, I found a recipe, survival collection, which uses survival note. But problem is that this item have no icon and reading it won't start quest.

Another issue is breaking down quest remains even after giving me lockpicks. And when I click it in quest list window it returns Nref.

On the other hand, new custom icons and never ending hordes are so cool. This mod gives me great experiences even after many plays.

I started playing on new version.

As soon as start, I found a recipe, survival collection, which uses survival note. But problem is that this item have no icon and reading it won't start quest.

Another issue is breaking down quest remains even after giving me lockpicks. And when I click it in quest list window it returns Nref.

On the other hand, new custom icons and never ending hordes are so cool. This mod gives me great experiences even after many plays.

Boy, that timing. I see the issue with the Survivor Note Collection and will fix that. Not sure how I overlooked that.

The Breaking and Entering quest should start stage 1 and autocomplete to give you the lockpicks. The next stage is to use the lockpicks to break into a couple gunsafes.Not sure why it gives a null. I'll keep an eye on it.

Updated to fix the above mentioned issues.

Valmar does this mod work with 14.4 or 14.5 and does 14.5 still have endless hordes?

I tried your mod out last night, good work. I only played for a bit but it was similar but different, I liked it.

Minor suggestion the zombies seem to walk kind of fast, I'd prefer them a little slower.

I don't believe it would work with A14.4/5 but I never tried either. I always keep my mods up to date based off the current latest build of the game and I don't really worry about whether it works or not with older versions. As such I've only tested this on A14.7 at the time of writing this.

I don't know about A14.5's hordes. Again, I only work off the latest version.

The zombie walk speed is roughly vanilla, with only a minor tweak in difference.

Vanilla: 0.08 and 0.2

CHS: 0.09 and 0.24

Their night speed is set to 0.26, as opposed to vanilla's 1.1. So they do get a bit faster at night. This is largely because I found if I left them too slow then the night horde takes forever to actually reach you.

You can change these values back to vanilla in the entityclasses.xml by adjusting the zombie01 class, if you so desire.

items, is missing in Localization and the skillbook won't show the name when you hover over it

skillbookBlacksmith,items,Item Book,,The Blacksmith,,

Hm. Sorry about that. Will fix it in the next update.

A noob question, do i install this only by copying the files in the game folder? How do i keep the vanilla too? I should make a backup of the game folder and rename it?

Try using Carlzilla's Mod Manager, makes switch between mod easy, look in mod tools section for it.

A noob question, do i install this only by copying the files in the game folder? How do i keep the vanilla too? I should make a backup of the game folder and rename it?

Correct, that is how you install. You can keep the vanilla files if you want but they're really quick and simple to get back by verifying file integrity in steam.

One of the best ways would be to make a backup of the game folder and mod one and leave the other modded. Then make a shortcut to the modded one on your desktop and rename the launcher. Do that and then you can launch either version you want to play whenever you want to play it.

Correct, that is how you install. You can keep the vanilla files if you want but they're really quick and simple to get back by verifying file integrity in steam.

One of the best ways would be to make a backup of the game folder and mod one and leave the other modded. Then make a shortcut to the modded one on your desktop and rename the launcher. Do that and then you can launch either version you want to play whenever you want to play it.

Let me get this straight (cause english is not my primary language), so a make copy of the 7d game, then rename that folder to say chs also with the launcher inside and add the mod there? Then as i use that launcher, the moded game will start and if i use the normal launcher, normal game will start? Wont this take twice the size of the game on h.drive?

Let me get this straight (cause english is not my primary language), so a make copy of the 7d game, then rename that folder to say chs also with the launcher inside and add the mod there? Then as i use that launcher, the moded game will start and if i use the normal launcher, normal game will start? Wont this take twice the size of the game on h.drive?

Make a copy of the 7 Days to Die folder that is in your steamapps>common folder. Name it 7 Days to Die CHS. Open the 7 Days to Die CHS folder you just made. Install the mod to it. make a shortcut ot the 7daystodie.exe launcher here on your desktop. Then if you use the modded launcher the modded game launches. if you use the vanilla launcher the vanilla game launches.

Yes, it will take twice the size of the game to do this. Hence why you dont HAVE to do this, its only an option if you want to keep both versions of the game at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the mod got a quick update. Changed the way the zombie health works.

Good, there is a changelog somewhere ?

The closest thing to a changelog:

Changed the way the zombie health works.

Most probably wouldn't actually understand what I did if I tried to explain it. But I'll try.

Previously to get the desired "headshot only" effect I gave all the zombies 1k health and game the weapons high headshot multipliers. This worked but had some issues with other unintended areas. For example traps were almost worthless since the zombies had so much health. And a single zombie could survive longer fist fights with bears.

I brought the zombie health back down to 150 (200 in some cases) and add a multiplier to the weapons to REDUCE damage if its a bodyshot. So now the weapons do less damage if you hit their body (not their head). This gets the same overall effect (you need headshots to reliably take them down) but also lets other things still damage them such as traps and bears.

I think traps should not kill zombies, they should slow them down permanently or destroy their limbs (if legs r destroyed by say mines, they will crawl and if they activate a mine while crawling, they should be killed). Mines should be deadly do zombies imo, they should have splash damage area effect of 3x3, but the one should be killed is the one that has triggered the mine only. U should remove wood log spikes imo, thats most unrealistic trap ingame.

Another noob question about 7d modding, when the game is updated, i need to recreate all the mod folders cause of update?

Well traps already destroy legs and mines can blow them up. I might remove the log spike at some point. Uncertain.

Yes, when the game updates if you have multiple 7DTD folders you will need to make new copies. The game only updates the original folder.

I played this mod a little, choose hunter class. U can kill zeds with normal bolts with a headshot and one hit kill them with normal club. Whats the point on using firearms? Also, how do u use lockpick?

I played this mod a little, choose hunter class. U can kill zeds with normal bolts with a headshot and one hit kill them with normal club. Whats the point on using firearms? Also, how do u use lockpick?

someone is not playing with zombies set to max spawn

zombies have ALWAYS been easy to kill. come across 2 your fine. Rick can probably take down 6 with ease. But have 100 corner you in a house and lets see how far thiose swings of a club take you.

While the clubs do need to be tweaked a bit (they're still based around the previous health system) the arrows being OHK is intentional. Zombies are pincushions. You can fire dozens of arrows or bolts into their body and they will not care. Fire a bolt through their BRAIN however and yes, they will cease with their unlife. This is intentional. As for why you would use a gun over a bow... Bows take longer to draw back and aim and fire and missing with them is more of a punishment.

Not a huge problem if you're sitting safe somewhere they cant reach you but if you're down in the muck of them and they're all over the place you're going to want to be able to take them out quickly without having to reload all the time.

HOld the lockpick in your hand then right click a safe with it. Keep the right click held down. It will begin upgrading it. Note: you cant upgrade blocks that have taken damage so if you've damaged the safe you wont be able to use a lockpick on it and will have to follow through with the destruction. These things are super handy to have ASAP, imo, because breaking safes takes forever if you dont have good quality tools.

HOld the lockpick in your hand then right click a safe with it. Keep the right click held down. It will begin upgrading it. Note: you cant upgrade blocks that have taken damage so if you've damaged the safe you wont be able to use a lockpick on it and will have to follow through with the destruction. These things are super handy to have ASAP, imo, because breaking safes takes forever if you dont have good quality tools.

You can always repair the safe with forged iron first :) (at least it works in valmod, not sure in chs)

Archived