A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15535[/ATTACH]

I'm using old crt monitor and the belt behind the hotbar is messed up for me, can u tell me how to remove the belt?

7 Days to Die Directory > Data > Config > XUI

Use the "windows - No Images" xml file instead of the "windows" xml. Just delete the windows.xml and rename the no images one to just windows and it should get rid of the toolbelt.

You could also go in the game's option menu and adjust the UI transparency. Kinda the same effect, kinda.

Can u make lockpicks usable on doors? Goldenrod doesnt have an icon. When i destroyed a door i got a brass door handle from it. When i tried to fix the door again, it got locked. Can u make it so when fix a broken door, if we fix it, we can use it to lock it.

Can u make lockpicks usable on doors? Goldenrod doesnt have an icon. When i destroyed a door i got a brass door handle from it. When i tried to fix the door again, it got locked. Can u make it so when fix a broken door, if we fix it, we can use it to lock it.

I updated to include the goldenrod icon. Sorry for the oversight.

Lockpicks can't be used on doors in a practical way. They dont like being upgraded into a non-secure door. Gives a null reference. When the Pimps officially add lockpicks that should be possible, though.

The issue with the door knob is another vanilla engine issue and not a specific decision I made. I might remove the ability to upgrade the door altogether, though. The doorknob is otherwise worthless anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, the mod has a solid and fun premise. It encourages you to start playing until A15 is released. One issue I have with the mod though (dont know if its a bug or bad settings on my parts) -> its too easy to melee kill the zombies. 1 hit with a stone axe for the most part playing on survivalist difficulty. I feel no need to use a gun or a upgraded melee weapon.

Zombie or not having even a primitive stone axe slammed into your noggin is lethal. The server runs with 150% zombie spawn and I couldnt see myself getting by with just melee. Though of course we're all different. Some people make it look easy, lol.

There is a difference, I doubt a nerdy high school student can slam the axe as hard as a body builder, even people can survive a hit to the head with an axe, why not a zombie that doesnt even need most of the brain. There is a misunderstanding on the devs part causing this overpowered melee combat.

Considering all the damage values in CHS have been specifically adjusted by me I dont think its fair to blame the devs in this case. My responsibility.

As for even a human surviving a hit to the head with an axe.. okay. If they're really lucky, sure, maybe. People have survived a lot of crazy ♥♥♥♥. Even if its a 11 year old swinging it though I doubt anyone would take the gamble that they could survive getting the sharp end of it slammed into their braincage.

Plus zombies are soft, mushy. Rotting, decayed.

Rule number one in zombie killing: aim for the head. Even a well placed jab with a screwdriver could do the trick in some circumstances.

If it is the fault of anything it is the zombie pathing and AI. If zeds were allowed to come at us from all directions WITHOUT us having the ability to line them up as we back away and hack it would be a game changer.

Also this generation has grown up on too much Left 4 Dead. As much as i love that game it has literally ruined the zombie genre.

Valmar is there any way to add an option to put the assault rifle back in? I love the mod but I really want to play with the assault rifle even if you made it semi auto like the pistol for balance I would really like the option to use it.

Considering all the damage values in CHS have been specifically adjusted by me I dont think its fair to blame the devs in this case. My responsibility.

As for even a human surviving a hit to the head with an axe.. okay. If they're really lucky, sure, maybe. People have survived a lot of crazy ♥♥♥♥. Even if its a 11 year old swinging it though I doubt anyone would take the gamble that they could survive getting the sharp end of it slammed into their braincage.

Plus zombies are soft, mushy. Rotting, decayed.

Rule number one in zombie killing: aim for the head. Even a well placed jab with a screwdriver could do the trick in some circumstances.

Thats what I was saying, the dev, this is a mod therefor you are the mod dev. You are having the insane mindset that everyone can 1hit kill a zombie, because zombies are rotten.. Gameplay is more important than your own opinion.

Valmar is there any way to add an option to put the assault rifle back in? I love the mod but I really want to play with the assault rifle even if you made it semi auto like the pistol for balance I would really like the option to use it.

Well it still exists, it just cant be found with normal means. If you really want to play with it you can use the cheat/creative menu to grab it.

Thats what I was saying, the dev, this is a mod therefor you are the mod dev. You are having the insane mindset that everyone can 1hit kill a zombie, because zombies are rotten.. Gameplay is more important than your own opinion.

Even if they were not rotten and squishy I think it would be more insane that you can slam an axe into the head of anything and expect it to keep going. It also might be a culture/time difference. I grew up with classic zombies. They were dumb, slow monsters that came in huge numbers. If you want to kill them you had to destroy the brain. Its rule number one.

If you hit a zombie anywhere other than the head, it isn't a OHK. Zombies take greatly reduced torso damage. If you want your attack to mean anything at all you're going to have to aim for the head.

In the end I disagree with the notion that the gameplay means more than my opinion. My opinion is the only thing that matters in my mod. I designed it with a specific goal in mind, a specific "vision". It achieves what I wanted. That doesn't mean I won't listen to suggestions and make changes accordingly. Lay forth your suggestion and if I agree with and like it then I will make the appropriate change. Not because its what you wanted but because you convinced me to want it also.

I want headshots to be lethal for the most part. I don't care how easy this makes it for some players. I don't have an easy time with it and its still challenging and fun for me.

That being said I will be looking at the wooden clubs at one point. The mod underwent a change a while back in regards to how damage was handled which did make the early wooden club a OHK headshot at low quality. That I do plan to change. Though you were talking about axes before.

I am with Valmar on this one, but I am one of the older players who grew up seeing pretty much all zombie movies and tv shows. I don't recall any where zombies could take any more that one hit to the head with pretty much anything. That said, the one hit had to do damage to the brain. I have seen it where someone may have used a rock but it never did any damage on first hit. Then you usually get the scenario where they straddle the zombie and keep hitting it until you hear the squishy sound :)

Its vals mod lol he can have it how he likes and thinks it should be. Chs is a great playthru and very enjoyable. Its exactly how a z game should be hit to the head to kill a z.

Oh, nothing like that. Its just that the update had some balance tweaks to the clubs and such. Most of which have been edited in for several days now, I just never got around to updating the download for it because it wasn't a big deal to me. The "lol" was just in context of my timing of releasing it after the argument over my OHK headshots.

Great Mod Val. It looks like I'm from same generation, that grew up (in the '80) with Romero zombies, and while I can still enjoy the new "freaky runners" zombies, my heart will always have a special place for old school zombies.

Downloaded your mod two days ago and I'm enjoying it tremendously, discovering things for myself. I'm almost to day 7, found a town, with an apartment building which I took over and I keep doing loot runs to various stores in town. I also explored around the town, found 20 or so POI's, sadly no uber forge lodge ;)

I like a lot the dynamic, the fact you're not bound to stay in your home during the night - you can venture out and loot, which leads to interesting encounters with the zed. I actually died, my only death, to one such night encounters - 2 ferals surrounded me, the bastards and kept stun locking me.

Another point I like a lot, is the way zombies die, careful aiming is rewarded and guns are not some sort of porcelain dolls, to be kept and used only in emergencies, but actual weapons to use everyday. Ammo is plentiful, I gathered like 1500 pistol rounds in 1st 5 days, so I start carrying and ditched the bow and arrows.

For beginners I have 1 hint: cardboard boxes for your storage :)

I'll finish with a question: I learned minibike perk, but I have no way of crafting the handlebars, the ones used for auger for example. Can I craft those in any way, or I have to buy them with tokens?

AHA, thanks, still stumbling about trying to find certain things hehehe. Are there more types of crafting benches, like in your Valmod? or just the one?

Hint for newcomers who try this mod: If you find a bank, do yourself a favor and go the extra mile: locate the ladder to the roof and break into the vault from above. DON'T break down the vault door, bank vaults seem to make perfect shelters !

Archived