A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

Hi all,

I am new to the whole modding thing for this game and am having trouble with this mod. I am not sure if I installed it correctly as there is no install instructions to be found on here or in the zip file that I could see which would be a nice thing for people like me who are new to it..

I copied the files into the 7 Days to Die folder and overwrote the ones it said it was going to overwrite. I started the game and it popped back with xml errors in the console for blocks and items and stopped loading due to errors.

Not sure I did anything wrong with the install or something else is broken. Any help to get this working would be appreciated.

Sorry about that. There used to be install instructions included in the file but I forgot to add them after moving things over to github.

Right Click 7 Days To Die and select properties

Click the Local Files Tab

Click the Browse local files button.

Open the Classic Horde Survival zip. Open the first folder inside. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

Sorry about that. There used to be install instructions included in the file but I forgot to add them after moving things over to github.

Right Click 7 Days To Die and select properties

Click the Local Files Tab

Click the Browse local files button.

Open the Classic Horde Survival zip. Open the first folder inside. Inside is a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop these folders into the game's directory, overwriting when prompted.

Ok I did that but still get the Item and Block XML errors and the game stops loading. It gives them right after I click the desktop icon and starts to load everything.

Now does this have to be run on a certain version of the game as I am running version 14.5 due to being the one who hosts a multiplayer game on my computer and one of my friends plays on a Mac and cant use the new versions?

Ok I did that but still get the Item and Block XML errors and the game stops loading. It gives them right after I click the desktop icon and starts to load everything.

Now does this have to be run on a certain version of the game as I am running version 14.5 due to being the one who hosts a multiplayer game on my computer and one of my friends plays on a Mac and cant use the new versions?

It won't work with A14.5

My mod supports the latest version of the game.

Has you friend tried using the experimental A14.7 branch? I hear that works with Mac.

It won't work with A14.5

My mod supports the latest version of the game.

Has you friend tried using the experimental A14.7 branch? I hear that works with Mac.

Yeah we tried that and just had black textures all over the place so no go.

No problem though hopefully they get the issue fixed and we can get the new versions running...really looks like it is the kind of gameplay we are looking for.

Negative, server installation is identical.

Are you using a dedicated server or a hosted server? If you're interested you could send me an invite in steam and I might be able to assist you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora/

Thanks for getting me on Steam. I manually loaded all the files and it appears to be working except the class selection. I must have missed that file. Where can I find it?

Thanks!

You might have to delete your character or start a new world. If you've ever joined the game before adding the mod then you won't get the starter items. They only appear if its literally your first time every existing in the game world.

Whetstone is a repair tool. Its used in the same way you "use" repair kits for guns. When you repair knives or machetes it uses whetstone instead of forged iron. Its not something you use directly - its something that is used when you repair the related item that uses it. Again, think of it like repair kits.

You might have to delete your character or start a new world. If you've ever joined the game before adding the mod then you won't get the starter items. They only appear if its literally your first time every existing in the game world.

This was the solution, thank you.

If I want to edit the loot dropped from zombies a bit is that in the loot percentage in the server set up xml or in some other xml?

Valmar can you start with the 28 days spawn xml or does it need to be replaced at day 28? I started with it and renamed it spawning or whatever the regular name of that file is but I haven't seen a zombie on day 1.

You can start with it. Though its worth mentioning that zombies dont start spawning around new players until you reach a certain level or lay down a bedroll. Place a bedroll or run into a city, you should be seeing zombies everywhere.

If not I will need ot take a look at the 28 days spawning.xml file to make sure its all in order

Thanks! Where did these files come from? I did a google search for Valmod Horde Edition, but nothing turns up as to a mod page for it.

I shared the link in the Valmod topic at one point to someone who previously asked for it.

Archived