A16 - CHS - Classic Horde Survival

Valmar

So I noticed 2 things that don't seem right. First I took a lock pick and proceeded to upgrade one of the tall gunsafes. When it reached 100% the tall gunsafe turned into a small wallsafe on the ground with an odd slot layout (something like 5 slots across and 20 down or so). The second issue I noticed is one of the zombies was pounding and running outside my door at night. I opened the door and he ran inside around my house until I killed him. Are they supposed to run after 2200 now?

Sorry about the walls safes. Should be fixed now.

As for running, make sure you have disabled running in the game save options.

Rather than make it so zombies walk all the time no matter what I decided to make it so that no zombie ever runs at daytime. This lets the player decide if he wants to play with running zombies or not because now the "never run" option actually means "never run". This gives it more flexibility for the player to decide what they want. Maybe they want to play it like World War Z and have them always run, I dont know. Lol.

You know I look at this mod and then I think: What is the devs excuse for not putting in the extra weapons and the combat changes into the game? if a modder can do it, surely they could too. I mean when a modder can do this kind of stuff, it sort of makes the devs look bad when a mod brings more to the game than the last 4 or 5 alphas did. I am also sick of that lunge zombies have that somehow hits me from 5 blocks away. its bascally unavoidable once they start the animation.

I am going to try this mod, after I copy my 7dtd directory, since I have the other one modded a bit too. TFP really need to add proper mod support to this game already, including an override folder so we can change/add new models and textures to the game. By proper support I mean like a mod selector and such, as well as the override thing.

Sorry about the walls safes. Should be fixed now.

As for running, make sure you have disabled running in the game save options.

Rather than make it so zombies walk all the time no matter what I decided to make it so that no zombie ever runs at daytime. This lets the player decide if he wants to play with running zombies or not because now the "never run" option actually means "never run". This gives it more flexibility for the player to decide what they want. Maybe they want to play it like World War Z and have them always run, I dont know. Lol.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info on the running zombies. Hadn't realized you put the choice back in our hands :) Thanks!

I love this mod but I'm running into a few problems.

When I unlock/break open a briefcase it will not let me open it. It seems to me from looking at the code that maybe container 201 is missing from loot.xml.

Also, whenever I try to scrap anything made of cloth I get a divide by zero exception.

I used a fresh install of Alpha 15 b105 and the latest 31MB CHS file downloaded around 5:00pm EST on Saturday 10/15.

I am having a blast playing with this mod. :)

Thank you for the report. I found the problems and went ahead and fixed them. Sorry for the oversight.

How has the performance been with all those UMA zombies wandering about?

Good day Valmar

I just had a problem that has never happened with your CHS or Overhaul and that is a FPS when I have a bunch of Z's around me ... in turn I got killed ... A15 b105 - Navez FPS went from normal 61-65 down to 10-5 even 2.

I believe it might have to do UMA textures and I do have a high-end computer system, if I turn down to middle or low it get's better.

System spec. i7 - 4790/4.0gh -GTX980 ti - 32 ram - running 4 SSD - 2 for games only

Now I'm playing Overhaul and have not had any problems ... but uploaded CHS last night and all of a sudden FPS problems with CHS only.

Thought you should know ... I will try game again today and see what happens / if so I will reload game and mod / maybe a bad download.

I will let you know, Thanks for a great mod and enjoy

Edit: I had to reload game, problem still there and hope reloading will fix it :)

I've went ahead and drastically reduced the number of UMA zombies present. This should, hopefully, make it more stable for those who were having performance issues.

Reloaded game was still having issue only with CHS

Overhaul version and Vanilla are still running fine so far. All have their own folders as separate games ...

Since you made an adjustment again, should I go ahead and start a new game for CHS ??

Delete game folder - recopy 7d2d main folder and download CHS and reinstall??

I will wait this time for answer, Thank you ... still a great mod

PS: by some chance do you have an invisible Z [outlined only] had one to attack me today, looked like a ghost.

I have no invisible zombies. Though that does sound pretty cool. Do you remember what name it had? Next time you see one, see if you can write down the name so I can identify it. Off the top of my head my guess would that the UMA texture did not load properly due to vram issue. Or a general game bug. Or literally anything else. Im not sure, these UMA zombies are pretty new stuff so I'm not aware of what kind of quirks they may or may not have.

A new game in general should not be required. However you should run a fresh install of the mod ontop of vanilla files. So I would recommend using a fresh folder for that. Largely you should make sure you have a vanilla Prefabs folder before installing to ensure there are no leftovers from the old version.

I have no invisible zombies. Though that does sound pretty cool. Do you remember what name it had? Next time you see one, see if you can write down the name so I can identify it. Off the top of my head my guess would that the UMA texture did not load properly due to vram issue. Or a general game bug. Or literally anything else. Im not sure, these UMA zombies are pretty new stuff so I'm not aware of what kind of quirks they may or may not have.

A new game in general should not be required. However you should run a fresh install of the mod ontop of vanilla files. So I would recommend using a fresh folder for that. Largely you should make sure you have a vanilla Prefabs folder before installing to ensure there are no leftovers from the old version.

Yes I do and it's one of the new ones ... Ravager [i wrote it down when it happened, never seen it before]

And ok, I'll start a new game/fresh install - it's early in the game so no problems.

I can if I need to always use the CM to get back the stuff I had, sometimes I do - but not all the time ... being a 70yr old gamer gives me that edge, tomorrow may not come, LOL :)

So, I have a bit of an "experimental" CHS version here I'm hoping someone would be willing to try out for a bit. In this I have added back all the UMA zombies. However now I have adjusted them to include a possible "fps fix" that Stompy pointed out earlier. I'm curious how it actually performs in real-world testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xb46yl0ursz13id/Classic-Horde-Survival%20UMA%20test.zip?dl=0

I just tested out your experimental CHS, I had my ram usage jump to 11gigs at the start. I had a brute spawn near me and the texture was glitched. once I got close to the hub city on rwg, my frames dropped to 3. definitely something with the uma zombies. I hope this can be fixed because i love this mod and your other stuff too. I'm running an AMD 8350, GTX 970, 16 gigs of ram. I hope this helps any.

Tis a bit strange the ram usage went up to 11 at the start. It shouldn't be doing that since I include the UMATextures folder. Thus it shouldnt need to generate those images when you load up.

Either way, it is helpful to know, yes.

To clarify btw you can play the mod now if you want. THe main download works. The experimental above is just me testing it with all the UMA zombies to see how it goes.

Good morning Valmar

Just a heads up: Ravager still has issues and is 90% invisible in CHS

Also ... I and Gamez4Kickz also thinks that might be a memory leak in game ... after playing for a time we both have to do the same thing because of FPS drop is so extreme ... Esc game when it starts ... go to video in controls click - OK ... and then we can go back into game and it is fixed for awhile ... but this has to be done during game play to be able to keep FPS up.

Like I said before game runs at a normal 60-65 fps for maybe 1/2hr or until large group of Z's come and the FPS will to around 5

Now there is something else I have noticed and there is more in your game than Vanilla or seems to be ... and that is the scrub brush [ those died little trees that are everywhere in the forest areas ] and that might be part of the problem, because this happen more in wooded areas than in the plains or desert.

Just some thoughts :)

I'm not sure what the problem is you're having with Ravager is. I can't replicate that problem. I've never had invisible zombies.

As for a memory leak in the game. Gasp, you don't say. Lol. Yes, there is definitely a memory leak.

I just updated it to use one of Stompy's tricks to see if that helps performance anyway.

Also, what setting do you have your UMA Textures set to?

Also the bush is just a coincidence. I don't actually do anything with it one way or another.

Just a heads up: Ravager still has issues and is 90% invisible in CHS

Out of curiosity how much RAM have you got?

If val has just updated to have the archetypes as type=player that will definately help as there is a big problem with the uma textures if not set to player (game keeps creating the textures in memory and not unloading them) This is what causes the invisible entities. Others with my mod are getting that problem with 8gb ram, but I'm finding no issues with 16gb and uma textures on half.

I'm not sure what the problem is you're having with Ravager is. I can't replicate that problem. I've never had invisible zombies.

As for a memory leak in the game. Gasp, you don't say. Lol. Yes, there is definitely a memory leak.

I just updated it to use one of Stompy's tricks to see if that helps performance anyway.

Also, what setting do you have your UMA Textures set to?

Also the bush is just a coincidence. I don't actually do anything with it one way or another.

Thanks for getting back to me;

All my settings are on High ...

And I will double check and make sure I have the right zombie ... have seen it one other time near the burn area, but stayed away from it.

My ram - if you remember from earlier is 32

Ok Valmar

I had the wrong Z ... it was the ZombieSurvivorMale, found him again and this is what he looked like, picture attach I hope.

Now he does not do this all the time ... had to kill 3 to get one to do this ... they will flicker white before changing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17649[/ATTACH]

If val has just updated to have the archetypes as type=player that will definately help as there is a big problem with the uma textures if not set to player (game keeps creating the textures in memory and not unloading them) This is what causes the invisible entities. Others with my mod are getting that problem with 8gb ram, but I'm finding no issues with 16gb and uma textures on half.

I set them to "None". That should have the same effect, correct? Or have you observe the benefit only comes from Player?

Ok Valmar

I had the wrong Z ... it was the ZombieSurvivorMale, found him again and this is what he looked like, picture attach I hope.

Now he does not do this all the time ... had to kill 3 to get one to do this ... they will flicker white before changing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17649[/ATTACH]

Does it do that even since the last update?

I set them to "None". That should have the same effect, correct? Or have you observe the benefit only comes from Player?

Does it do that even since the last update?

I see you just updated mod today, so I will try it - Mod file date is 6/19/16 ...

The picture was taken with mod file date 6/16/16

My I make a suggestion ... when updating your mod - could you make a note on Mod Download page ... something like [ NEW UPDATE and the date ] because what is showing right now at the bottom of page says 6 days ago reason A15

Just a thought :)

Thank you for great mods

I see you just updated mod today, so I will try it - Mod file date is 6/19/16 ...

The picture was taken with mod file date 6/16/16

My I make a suggestion ... when updating your mod - could you make a note on Mod Download page ... something like [ NEW UPDATE and the date ] because what is showing right now at the bottom of page says 6 days ago reason A15

In my defense I did mention it in my post to you earlier :p

Good morning Valmar

Yes; you did ... but it would be nice to be mentioned on main page of download and not to have to read all the forum to find if there is an update.

I played alittle last night til maybe 2am my time and so far it was OK ...

I did lower my setting on UMA to lower, so I'm going to play with settings today some and see how it goes. Thank you

Archived